View Poll Results: Where do you keep your litter box?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • In the basement

12 19.67%
  • In a closet

6 9.84%
  • In a bathroom

10 16.39%
  • Other

33 54.10%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you keep your litter box?

Where do you keep your litter box?

As I was scooping the kitties' *bathroom* this morning I was wondering where other people have chosen to keep their litter boxes. I actually use an under-the-bed plastic storage container as a litter box. It's nice and big and there is room for two at once if need be. I have it placed underneath the basement steps so they have a little privacy. There is a cat flap cut into the basement door which provides easy access away from the spying eyes of the dogs. How about you? Where do you keep yours?

2 in kitchen (tucked under counters)
    3 in living room
    2 in front bedroom
    2 in middle bedroom
    2 in back bedroom
    1 in hall
    2 in front foster room
    3 in back foster room

Mine is in the water heater/furnce room. It is a pretty big room
    Michelle

Computer room
    Bathroom
    Living room (new one)
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I had to vote "other" because I keep it in several locations. One being the closet, another being the bathroom, and others being under my desk, beside my husband's desk, in the basement, in a bedroom, and under the cat tree in my bedroom. Lets seee.... that would be 7 boxes scattered in 7 locations and Allen still prefers to think of them as optional

Hard for me to vote since we have 2 different areas, but I chose the closets for the indoor litters. I cleared out 2 closets and use these for our indoor cats. Then we have many, many out in our garage for the ones that frequent there and the cat run.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

three in bedroom A - the home office
    three in bedroom B - the sewing room / guest room
    1 in bedroom C - my bedroom.

Since I live in a one room apartment, there aren't very many choices. For four cats, I have two litterboxes. One in the bathroom and one underneath the kitchen since.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

The litter box is in the small bath, that dosent get used.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I keep mine in the utility room.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

11. As basements are rare here in SoCal.....I kept two boxes in the laundry room. It is a narrow room so I have to be VERY careful transferring the laundry from washer to dryer and dryer to basket!

Ours are in the computer room for now. When baby comes, we will have to modify our linen closet (replace the doors with a curtain to cover the shelves and put the boxes in the floor of the closet) because the computer room will be the nursery. Our bathrooms are tiny (and the one we use least is a Jack-& -Jill style between what will be the 2 kids' rooms), and our laundry room is under the carport where we have to go outside to get to it. (I miss our indoor laundry room in our last parsonage.)

One is in the garage cause that's where Quki mostly lives.
    One is in the mud room.
    One is in the family room.
    One is in the spare bedroom.

Well, this is going to sound really disgusting, but I keep Taz's in the dining room. It is the formal dining room that gets used maybe twice a year. Taz's area is behind a privacy screen thing that has an Asian design on it to match the decor.
    When we have parties, which is not often, I move his stuff back to the bedroom since that's where he hides out anyway when there is lots of noise.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I have one in the dining room, which we NEVER use, and one in the master bedroom, again, never used!

We sleeep in one of the other bedrooms. My husband thinks I'm crazy, I gave Charlie the big master bedroom since we usually have to keep him and Scooter Bug separated... and we sleep in one of the "guest" bedrooms. But, it's really weird, I don't feel quite "comfortable" in our master bedroom, and in the room we sleep in, I feel perfectly comfy! Everyone I know thinks I'm insane for that reason... but, whatever works, right?

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018