Thread: marking?

marking?

Yesterday we found a little chi mix. he's adorable, but still intact. he's marking everywhere!

while we wait for his owners to claim him (if they do) is there any way to make him stop marking my house?

It'd probably help if he is neutered imo, but he's not but hopefully his owners come forward and you can talk to them about getting him fixed?
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Even an antire male shouldn't mark in the house if they are properly house trained. They'd save it for outside.
    We've had entire males before and they never cocked their leg in the house.

Maybe encourage him to go outside the same way you would just go to pee and give him regular opportunities. If you see him walking along something and sniffing in that way that dogs do before they are about to cock their leg, interrupt him and take him outdoors and encourage him to do it there instead.

Hopefully, you'll not have him at your house for too much longer.
    Dogs are not our whole lives but they make our lives whole.

www.tmhudsonfineart.co.uk

Try a belly band that is what my friend uses and they work wonders. Marking doesnt always have to do with potty time espically if theres another dog in the house he may be doing to to say this is mine. Heres a link for a belly band. Hope it works for you......

http://gwlittle.com/Detail.aspx?ProductID=421

We found this little guy hiding under a car. He was shaking and snapping at us when we tried to get him to come out. He was obviously very scared but has settled right in now. Peej and Bailey don't really like him, but they tolerate him as long as he will stop biting their toes.

There are two other dogs in the house and one of them is a male also. I'm not really in a position to spend money on him, but if he keeps living here as happily as he has been, he may become part of the family. He will be getting his shots and gettings "snipped" asap. However, I'd much rather see him reunited with his family.

I'll post pics as soon as the little monster will hold still long enough for me to take some.

hey if ya find out let me know lol. Rusty is 4 years old and intact(till his neuter on Wed.) and he marks like crazy, I swear we spend our days cleaning up pee since he arrived. I would get a belly-band if I had money, but every cent of this months check went to bills and his Neuter
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

A belly band isn't much more than a piece of cloth that covers the offending part . Maybe try a firmly-but not tight- tie and see if that helps for now.

You may find that as he settles down and becomes more comfortable in your house he will stop marking. Almost every foster I took in peed in my house. And since you indicated he is a fearful little guy that may have something to do with it. Hope all is going well by now. And I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy with PJ and Bailey.