Thread: stinky

stinky

How do I make her smell better ?

Do dogs really need baths if they aren't really dirty? Just smelly.

I'm trying not to pick her up if I don't have to.

What kind of dog is it?
    I know our Cocker was always smelly because of his ears. Cockers are prone to ear infections. So daddy would have to clean out his ears once or twice a week.
    Or maybe it's her breath?? Don't know of a sure way to handle that, sorry.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

If it's her coat, try some scented dog parfumes, or those doggy wipes that you use in between baths.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Dogs don't really need baths. They'd be perfectly happen being dirty and stinky. What fun that would be! However, as a typical human who can't stand a stinky dog, by all means give them a bath. A high quality diet will also help with stinky dog smell, until they find something to roll in.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Its mostly that smell dogs get from being outside. That outside smell. And her legs smell from her licking them. It's not too bad. But it turns me off from wanting to get all cuddly face in hers way.

Sometimes her breath smells like she ate poo. But she didn't. And sometimes it's not bad at all.

She has long hair. So that makes it easier.

she's an aussie mix

Try giving her a bath to see if she smells better.

Here is a link to a snack I give Fenway. He gets the breathies. www.dogswell.com.

Fenways doggy day care used to spray him with dog perfume before I picked him up. I had to tell him to stop because he smelled like a cheap hooker.

Personally, I wouldn't do the dog perfume. But that's just me.

Good luck.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I don't mind giving her a bath. But she minds me picking her up.

Lady gets upset when we give her a bath, so they are VERY infrequent, and normally reserved for when she rolls in something stinky outside or when she has one of her run-ins with a skunk.

It's funny, after her bath she constantly sniffs herself, and looks at me funny. The look on her face could be translated as "Darn, dad, I just got myself smelling good and you had to go and wash all the good smell off!!"
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

hahahahahaa