Thread: Akita Needs Home

Akita Needs Home

Rose is a 2yr old female spayed fawn pinto Akita for adoption. Her owners moved to Florida, took her pup and left mom behind. Rose is microchipped, UTD on vaccines, heartworm and fecal negative. She is obedience and crate trained, playful and eager to please. Rose is friendly and non-agressive to people. She likes dogs except she can be protective of food around them. Rose is best placed with a mellow male dog or no dogs, dog savvy cats or no cats. Currently she is staying with me (I am a vet in Jersey City, NJ) with my 2 dogs (female Akita, male Dobie/Lab mix) and 2 cats. Rose is a total sweetheart and just needs someone to love her forever. If interested in learning more, email me at [email protected] or call cell 201-978-9161.

She's gorgeous!!

I'll see if I can get ahold of my friend who has relatives in NJ. Maybe they know someone willing to adopt her.

Thank You

Thank you! I want to get her into a loving home Let me know.

oh , why is the world so large and is belgium so far away from the USA ........ !! I hope that cutie finds a good loving home !!!

Have you considered putting her on Petfinder?? She is a beauty and if we didn't already have 15 of them I would snap her up in a minute. Good luck and keep us posted.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

about Rose on Petfinder

Rose is posted about 7 times independently on Petfinder as well as in their Classifieds ad. I cannot believe why someone is not showing incredible interest in this fantastic dog

She is beautiful. I hope you find her a home soon!

I can't get ahold of my friend--I'm guessing he must be on vacation.

Hang on Sweet Rose, there's a good home for you out there yet!

She is an absolute doll! I sure hope she gets a good home, and SOON!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Thank you

thanks for the support but can you believe so far NO ONE has been interested?? And she is posted everywhere!!

What a find Rose is for the person looking to add another dog to their life. Unfortunately most of us here are at our maximum capacity; although every now and then we have those who manage to expand a bit, right Mugsy, Anna, Aly. Also you never can tell who will know someone who knows someone else. Dogncatgirl keep spreading the word. You are doing a good thing. Bless you for taking the time to help find homes for the perfect companions. When you make a match there will be some new guardians forever in your debt.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Akita rescue?

Isn't there an Akita rescue association, like there are for many other dogs.

I am quite familiar with Akitas. I cannot have a dog right now and would probably stay with cats anyway because they suit my life style and it would not be fair to the dog.

What a sweet looking dog. I think the average person is not familiar with the breed and may seem a bit timid about taking on a big furry bear like an Akita.

Keep trying, I just know that if there is any place where help could be had, it would be here, at Pet Talk.

Good luck, and keep us posted. I will put the word out too.

Thanks so much for taking care of this situation.

Akita Rescues..

Yes there are many Akita rescues, but they are as full to the hilt as everyone else. I want to find her a good PERMANENT home as soon as possible, but I can foster her until then..though 3 big dogs in a 1 bedroom apt does border on insanity...HELP!! LOL...
    Cindy