Thread: It is indeed a VERY small world!

It is indeed a VERY small world!

My husband's father was an MIA in the Vietnam war. The last time my husband saw his father, he was 3 years old, so he grew up knowing very little about his dad..

On another part of the country, my father was also in the millitary, but he survived the war & was put into prison after the fall of Saigon in 1975 (the "re-educational camp" as the communists called it). There he shared a cell with someone I'd call Mr. T. He and Mr. T became best of friends as they shared the worst part of their lives together. My dad was released after spending almost 8 years behind bars. Mr. T was also released a couple years later.

Somehow, we all managed to leave Vietnam and immigrated to the U.S.

When my husband and I got married, my dad invited Mr. T, because they've since become like brothers.

When he arrived, my dad took him to introduce to my mother-in-law, but before my dad could open his mouth, Mr. T. & my mother-in-law both bursted into tears as they gave each other the biggest hug while everyone else was completed dumbfounded!

It turns out that about 50 years earlier (long before Mr. T met my dad), he was my father-in-law's bestfriend! They went to school together, joined the millitary together, he served as the bestman at my parent-in-law's wedding, and shared a room in their house for many years! After my father-in-law went missing in 1972, he lost touch with my mother-in-law until chance brought them together again on my wedding day almost 30 years later!!

My mother-in-law said that seeing him was just like seeing my father-in-law again, and that she had wished so hard that my father-in-law would be alive to see his son (my husband) got married - so when she saw Mr. T, she felt like God's granted her wish..

The surprise reunion left everyone in tears. Mr. T kept shaking his head in disbelief that he was able to attend the wedding of two of his bestfriends' children all at once . My mother-in-law had a great time remembering the past, my husband took an immediate liking to Mr. T, as he told him about his dad, and my dad was sooooooooo happy because he helped make this reunion a reality (even though he had no clues!!)

Mr. T stopped by our place yesterday to give us some of the vegetables he grows in his backyard.. and we still talked about what a small world it is, so I thought I should share with you guys
    Last edited by M&M's Mommy; 03-15-2007 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Grammar errors

Thanks ~Jessie~

wow, oh wow. how totally cool
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

It is indeed a VERY small world!

OMG I am now almost in tears.. Such a Fabulous Story.. You need to submitt this to you Local News & News Paper.. This story is just to Awesome to left untold.. Thanks so much for sharing..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

WOW!!
    (I had to read the story twice before I understood it I'm a little slow)

That's an Incredible story!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

OMG!! LES big time!! what a fabulous story!! what are the Odds??
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Wow! That is amazing! You would never think something like that would happen, goes to show that the world isn't so big after all, and some things are just meant to happen

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Wow! That is very cool! VERY small world indead!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    When things like this happen, I sometimes think I can hear the Angels laughing. They are busy pulling a lot of strings "up there". I think they get a lot of joy out of these kind of so-called coincidences.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98
    When things like this happen, I sometimes think I can hear the Angels laughing. They are busy pulling a lot of strings "up there". I think they get a lot of joy out of these kind of so-called coincidences.
    You're right. There is no coincidences. I believe God led every steps of my way. He led my husband and I to each other.. and on our special day, he gave my husband a wonderful gift of knowing more about his dad through his bestfriend.

My dad was quite satisfied with the way things unfold, and was a bit less skeptical (as every dad does) that I married the right guy

Thanks ~Jessie~

The story you just shared is just sooooooooo profound, I had to re-read it too, because I couldn't believe what was unfolding~

How very miraculous!!!!!! God weaves such Wonderous Threads into Fine Cloth~

Thank-You for sharing that Reunion !!!!
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

How cool is that! That made me smile, thanks.

That is an amazing story!!

My Grandfather on my mother's side was KIA in WWII. He was a radio man for the Army. My Grandfather on my father's side was also a radio man for the Army and he met my other Grandfather in France. Many, many years later - my husband was a radio man for the Army.

That is such a wonderful story!!! Thank you for sharing your (as well as their )good fortune!!!

Quote Originally Posted by M&M's Mommy
    My husband's father was an MIA in the Vietnam war. The last time my husband saw his father, he was 3 years old, so he grew up knowing very little about his dad..

On another part of the country, my father was also in the millitary, but he survived the war & was put into prison after the fall of Saigon in 1975 (the "re-educational camp" as the communists called it). There he shared a cell with someone I'd call Mr. T. He and Mr. T became best of friends as they shared the worst part of their lives together. My dad was released after spending almost 8 years behind bars. Mr. T was also released a couple years later.

Somehow, we all managed to leave Vietnam and immigrated to the U.S.

When my husband and I got married, my dad invited Mr. T, because they've since become like brothers.

When he arrived, my dad took him to introduce to my mother-in-law, but before my dad could open his mouth, Mr. T. & my mother-in-law both bursted into tears as they gave each other the biggest hug while everyone else was completed dumbfounded!

It turns out that about 50 years earlier (long before Mr. T met my dad), he was my father-in-law's bestfriend! They went to school together, joined the millitary together, he served as the bestman at my parent-in-law's wedding, and shared a room in their house for many years! After my father-in-law went missing in 1972, he lost touch with my mother-in-law until chance brought them together again on my wedding day almost 30 years later!!

My mother-in-law said that seeing him was just like seeing my father-in-law again, and that she had wished so hard that my father-in-law would be alive to see his son (my husband) got married - so when she saw Mr. T, she felt like God's granted her wish..

The surprise reunion left everyone in tears. Mr. T kept shaking his head in disbelief that he was able to attend the wedding of two of his bestfriends' children all at once . My mother-in-law had a great time remembering the past, my husband took an immediate liking to Mr. T, as he told him about his dad, and my dad was sooooooooo happy because he helped make this reunion a reality (even though he had no clues!!)

Mr. T stopped by our place yesterday to give us some of the vegetables he grows in his backyard.. and we still talked about what a small world it is, so I thought I should share with you guys

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

The rule of six degrees of separation (or something like that) really does exist in that each person in the world is only separated by six degrees or people in that we all know somebody who knows the (same) somebody even though we might not know we know them its really strange.......
    jackmilliesmom

Thanks to Michelle (Kittycats_Delight) for my wonderful
    cheerful and special signature and avatar!!!!!!

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**