Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Close the door kitty

Close the door kitty

This doesn't have anything to do with anything, but anyway, I thought it was cute ;]

My mom was in the washroom, and my cat pushed the door open, went inside, then closed the door behind her. Lol. I thought it was so cute! Does your cat do that too? Or is mine just weird..

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

well my kitties will open doors but they haven't gotten down the closing part yet
    "Happiness Is Owning A Human!"

Visit Dutchess & Yum Yum's Website Pleassee:

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

LOL! Fister will pull a door open, and he's quite good at it, but he hasn't figured out that it can also be pushed!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Sydney can open most doors !! Even the most difficult ones : sliding doors !!! He pulls with his right front paw untill the hole is big enough to get his "fat" body pass !!
    But , "CLOSE" a door ??? Nope , that is an unimportant issue to Sydney !!! Let the fresh air around !!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/sydneybilliepets

Tinker can open doors--she just can't close them. (lol Nope, she wasn't born in a barn--she was born in a coat closet. )

She can open the cupboard doors (they just swing open). Problem is, she can't get out. We've reached in more than once to grab a pot/pan and instead accidentally grab a cat!

Another (odd) habit of her's:
    She LOVES crackers. She *often* goes in the cupboards when we're asleep and OPENS the box, OPENS the plastic wrap, and feasts on crackers. I guess a lil' midnight snack never hurt anyone but it sure is a pain to clean up!!

She use to do this with bread, luckily it was when my sis was little and we remedied the problem by attaching one of the baby locks to the cupboard where the bread was kept.

Former User Guest
    Casper and Kitty (but esp. Kitty) are really helpless with doors...Ok, if it's little bit open, they know to push it wide open, but for exaple when I tease them and open the door for few cm's, they can't get it open! A paw or two will appear from the hole, but they just can't get it open. They will try and try and at the end the door is closed and they start moaning behind it

That is really cute!

Doors ~ sum we OPEN; sum we CLOSE...

Doors ~

Us FurKids got doors down purdy good -

Baffroom door is a favorite...
    Boots, the Kat, duzint like bein locked out away frum his krunch bowl or his sand box - both of which sit inna baffroom. If Dad's standin inna fallin wadder klozet, Boots usually wuntz IN for a bite to eat or to put a stinkey inna sand.
    He usually hits the baffroom door hard nuff to open it up against the shower door. Dad finishes playin inna wadder, slides open the shower door and leans out to grab a towel = ka*BONK* smackz his headbone onna hall door the Kat opened! An summtimes there's a Dawg layin up again the door - so it hurtz a lil more!

Frunt door (Smokey dun this wun) ~
    Wuz late on a snowy nite Smokey's furst year wiff us... We wuz doin an outie while Dad's gettin ready fur beddy-bye (He wuzn't wearin much - jest undiez & sox).
    Smoke pops rite inna door when Dad hollerz; I'z a lil slow to show up. Dad steps out onna porch ta holler fur me...
    Smoke thinks he's gettn *left* an dashes up ta the almost - but not QUITE - closed frunt door an *bumpz* inta it... *ka*CHUNK* the door slams shut!
    There's Dad (in his not much outfit) an Me (inna furry fur coat) locked outta the Ranch onna frunt porch bout midnite:thirty in about Zeero degreez...

We learned sum new NawTee Wurdz that nite!
    Luckie fur us, the Trakter Kar wus sleepin outside that nite. Dad hadda krawl unner the Kar (in the snow!) an fetch the lock-out key, unlock the kar, an hit the garage door opner. Smoke couldn't figger out why Dad wuzint *happie* to be greeted when we finally gotz back inside.

Anudder Kar storrie {Shadow, the Shep/Husky (RB dun this wun} ~
    Seemz Dad an Shadow were out onna service call inna booniez... Gotz dun werkin and they load up - Shadow inna back kar door furst. She jumpz inna frunt seat an stepz onna door locker button ~ ka*CHUNK* an Dad's locked out! He hadda call the Kopz ta open the kar up. (THAT'z when he learned to tie the lock-out key unner the kar).

MY favorite door is at our Shop ~ It swings out frum the inside ~
    I learned iffin I sorta reach out wiffa front pawz an jump on it reel hard - the clozer thingy cant hold me back an it openz nuff for me to slip thru wiffout gettin my Tailbone *pinched*! I jest *luvs* ta run out an greet the kustomerz inna parkin lot affore Dad knowez their here. Dad often lockz that door wiffout tellin me ~ *HATE* when he duz that! Alluz *smack* my chinney-bone onna door tryin ta get the durn thing to pop open.
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Only once has Edwina allowed me to know of her door closing ability and that was to teach me a lesson....

She had joined us in April of that year. I took August and September off work and spent alot of time with her. I went back to work at the end of September.

My husband's older son was living with us.

My first day at work I returned home and could find Edwina NO WHERE. I checked the entire house -- all of her favorite hiding place. I was frantic. Son #1 was there -- helping me in the search. Over and over I asked him...are you SURE she didn't sneak out of the house????? We seached outside.

Finally we were going through every closet in the house (one thing I loved about that house was the number of closets!)

There she was in a basement closet behind the safe. She had opened AND CLOSED the folding door to the closet. I still remember just her eyes glowing from the dark!

For about a week she wouldn't acknowledge me. How dare I leave her like that!

OH PHRED - I'M LAUGHING SO MUCH MY BROKEN WING - BENT RIBBIES AND POORLY FOOT ARE THROBBING!!! I HAD TO COME ON LINE AND SAY A BIG THANK YOU. I NEEDED A GOOD LAUGH!

LYNNE

Phred--FUNNY story!!

Lynne--nice to see you online! hope you feel better soon!

As long as the door is partially open my cats can open it up. They don't close it behind them though. One time Storm did and he locked himself in my room. He was very upset and meowing when I got home. My roommate had gotten home earlier and heard him but she thought that I wanted him in my room. I think he learned his lesson because he hasn't done it since.

Karamel can open ajar doors pretty easily.
    Sometimes if the door is closed, he jumps to the handle to open it

Our bedroom door is a bit dificult to close. The handle doesn't work well but when you push it closes because it's stuck in the door frame. In the morning before we wake up, Karamel opens it by persistently hitting the door, in 5-6 tries. Makes helluva noise though.

have to mention this : THIS IS SUCH A FUNNY THREAD !!!!!
    Excellent for all those who need a good laugh ..!!
    Oh Sara , I can imagine the look in Edwina's eyes as you discovered her hiding place !!!!!

Misty can open the doors but she has me to close them. She will open them and then look to see that I know she did it for attention. I don't know of any way to train her to close them this is a game to her. http://cards.webshots.com/cp-2879714...7090AFWyJWoHQi