Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Karen and Paul

Karen and Paul, thank you for starting Pet Talk. I've made many wonderful friends here including my sweetheart Donna! Everyone here have been sympathetic with my medical problems and car wrecks and it's very helpful to come on here to talk about them and generally let off some steam. This is my internet home and I'll never leave PT. Karen and Paul, I salute you!!

Karen and Paul - You are The Best!! Thank you for sticking with us

Hugs,
    Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Yes, I agree! Karen & Paul have put up with sooo much throughout the years, and I very much appreciate it! You guys are awesome! I love going home to pet talk after school, and just relaxing. Thanks so much!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I know there's always room for one more in that group {{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}. I missed all the drama but I've read bits and pieces of what happened in various threads and usually stay out of drama scenes like that.

Thank you Karen and Paul for giving us a safe place to meet on the 'net and share our love of animals. I've made many new friends here and have met more than a few in purrson. I love this place!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Thank you Karen and Paul for all you do!

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2
    Dear Karen and Paul,

Thank you for creating a warm and fuzzy place were we as pet lovers can come and meet others to share our laughs, tears, hopes and dreams.
    My sentiments, as well. I may not keep up with the threads as I would like, which is why I know not of the recent squabbles; the last major bickering I recall was the Spencer The Lion fiasco, many, many moons ago.

I do make sure I view and read about each pet, cat and dog of the day. If I miss a day, I go to archives. Call it Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder, if you like, but it has been a mainstay in my schedule for many years.

And whenever one of my "children" is seriously ill this is where I turn for emotional support.

Thank you, Karen & Paul, for providing so much to so many!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Karen, your patience inspires me! Thanks from us, too!

I don't know what the fighting was about and I don't even want to know, but I often wondered how Karen and Paul can moderate such a big forum with so many different people with different backgrounds and opinions and how they don't just close the forum when emotions run high.

Thank you, guys for the wonderful website, the place that brought together so many people.

If anyone deserves an honorary Social Work degree, it is our Ms. Karen, since she has certainly been in the trenches here at times. Despite all the bickering, postering, attention seeking antics by the likes of us town folks, she remains cool and collected, and able to dispense a rational and calming approach to the situations at hand. Good work!
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I had to add a big THANK YOU as well! PT was the reason I learned about kitties and ended up getting Remus and Spook. PT has been a sounding board for a lot of things for me and In glad I got to meet such a great group of people!

THANK YOU Karen and Paul for being some of the best forum mods I've had the honor of encountering

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
    OK, I haven't been on PT as much as I'd like recently, but I need to say this....

I don't know (and I don't WANT to know, so PLEASE don't rehash it in this thread) what fighting and bickering has gone on recently here on PT.

PT is like any other club with LOADS of members - people are going to have disagreements, and people are going to come and go.......BUT whatever has happened on the board, or in PM's I just wish everyone would refrain from publicly bashing Karen and Paul.

THEY created this wonderful place. They didn't ASK people to join, or to post - we do so of our own free will. How ungrateful we must appear - so quick to point fingers when things go wrong, but how often do they hear how much we LOVE PT, and how much we appreciate that they created this place where some of us have made wonderful friends?

How would we feel if (and I would probably have done so already), one day they just decided "Enough is Enough" - where would we all go? I would feel like a part of my life was missing. I would lose touch with wonderful friends here......

Can those of us who are still happy to be here please take a moment to THANK Karen and Paul for all the wonderful things they have done for PT members.

So....

Karen and Paul - you can't please all the people all the time.....I just wanted to say THANK YOU to you both for creating and maintaining Pet Talk.

(((HUGS)))
    AMen!! Thank you so much for offereing to all of this, such a great place to come to on a daily basis!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I stay out of all that drama anyway, so I have no idea what happened. I like Pet Talk, even if I don't like most of the conversations that take place. I still think it's one of the best run sites I've been on. I think this is a great thread, and I thank you, Karen and Paul for all your hard work!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    I knew the cats who I got to see/pet were fake and the ones supposedly "hiding" were nonexistant!
    You caught me in another LIE!

I to have to say thank you to both of you! You both are great and have created the best online board in the world!!

You put up with more then any one person should have to at one time. You truly are amazing!

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

This site rules to the max. Thanks for starting it up and making a big old playground for pet lovers.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb