Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting a tattoo tonight! **UPDATE now with a pic!

Getting a tattoo tonight! **UPDATE now with a pic!

I have been wanting one for a long time, and have finally decided that this is the right time. I will be turning 45 next month, and this is part of my "right of passage" so to speak!

Maybe I am anal about this, but I went so far as to research and visit local parlors and artists, and I have talked to several artists, and made a decision this past weekend. I am getting a sun, half covered by a moon, with a star hanging by a ribbon from the moon. No faces on the moon or sun. If there is room, he may be able to do a couple of shooting stars from the moon. He is working on the stencil today, and I will see what he has come up with once I get there. I gave him some pictures for ideas. I am getting it on my upper back, close to where the neck and back connect.

I am so excited, but also a little scared! Wish me luck!
    Last edited by Donnaj4962; 03-09-2007 at 02:45 PM.
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Good luck!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Congrats! And trust me you were not being anal about it at all. That was being smart. After all it's permenent, and if not a clean safe environment who knows what could happen.

I've been wanting another for quite some time now. I'm so jelous of you...lol.
    TFT ftwtyvm!

I've Been DEfrosted.

Congrats!! You were being very careful, and I think that was very awsome! all people should do the same when they think about getting a tat! I know I did! I have three and cant wait to get the fourth! Good luck and share pics!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I got mine to celebrate my 40th!

LOVE it!

Good luck, and happy birthday!
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Thanks everyone! My friend is going with me, and she is bringing her camera, so I will have pics!

Dr. Goodnow.... I had a HUGE party to celebrate my 40th! It was a "Princess" party, cuz some of my friends and family think that I am a diva and something of a princess! But I am not.... just like "my cats aren't spoiled!"

For my 42nd, I got my cartilige pierced on my left ear.

Now that I am thinking about it... what is it about me and pain and my birthday????
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Donnaj4962
    Thanks everyone! My friend is going with me, and she is bringing her camera, so I will have pics!

Dr. Goodnow.... I had a HUGE party to celebrate my 40th! It was a "Princess" party, cuz some of my friends and family think that I am a diva and something of a princess! But I am not.... just like "my cats aren't spoiled!"

Now that I am thinking about it... what is it about me and pain and my birthday????
    Hey I have gotten all my tats on my birthdays as well! he he he he! I guess we just love pain!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

cool
    A pet is for life not for christmas

If you BUY you give an animal a home, if you ADOPT/REHOME you give an animal a life

That's awesome!

How did you decide on your design?

I can't wait to see the pictures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

Really?! Wow! I have been wanting a tattoo sooo bad lately, I have my own design that I want done on the middle of my back, its a pretty sword..but I am too chicken to get it done because of the pain. I have my belly button peirced and thought that was going to hurt, when I got it done I couldn't believe it, cause it didn't hurt at all, but I know tattoos hurt much worse and take longer than a peircing, since you looked up so much information on this..do you have any advice that would help me finally make the decision to go instead of delaying because of fear of pain? I would love any advice, I want to get one done soon

Can't wait to see yours, you must take a picture when its all done and healed

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Quote Originally Posted by Donnaj4962

LOL dunno but this year I am getting the mirror image of my purple rose done.....must be a birthday thing

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Where are you going? I've heard great things about grade a (where I've done all my piercings) and studio 13. Can't wait to see pics!
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalei
    ...do you have any advice that would help me finally make the decision to go instead of delaying because of fear of pain? I would love any advice, I want to get one done soon
    You can have it done in multiple sessions. Maybe have the outline done the first pass and the color done in subsequent passes depending on the size and complexity of your design?

I would like to get another one soon, but I need to find an artist to draw it up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobodeb
    You can have it done in multiple sessions. Maybe have the outline done the first pass and the color done in subsequent passes depending on the size and complexity of your design?

I would like to get another one soon, but I need to find an artist to draw it up for me.

I went for the whole thing at once! easier for me since after a few minutes of the outline the area went numb. I fell asleep during the coloring process

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Goodnow
    I went for the whole thing at once! easier for me since after a few minutes of the outline the area went numb. I fell asleep during the coloring process
    Me too! I got both of mine in 1 day, but the thought of pain doesn't scare me like it does Kalei.