Thread: Off To The Whitecoats... (Updated-Back from vets)

Off To The Whitecoats... (Updated-Back from vets)

I'll be going to the vet's tomorrow with Skye- I will call them in the morning, she needs to be seen ASAP, so hopefully we can bring her in with the kitten at the same time.

I want her weight gain issue addressed, whether or not he can do that on an "urgent" appointment I'm not sure, but she developed a large fluid filled bubble on her shoulder. I'm thinking an abcess, but I have NO clue what from. I can't find any marks or anything. It's bigger than an egg but smaller than an orange. It's been like that since Saturday, I thought it was just a sting at first but I guess not, so we'll see what's going on. Hopefully it's not a poisonous spider bite or something.

So, some good thoughts please that it is something curable with meds and I won't have to put my baby through the pain of having it drained. That would probably hurt like h*ll-I've seen a cat bite abcess get drained and it was really icky. And I feel like I am officially paying my vet's mortgage every month, LOL. He must really love seeing my name in the appointment book!
    Last edited by areias; 03-06-2007 at 09:49 AM.

They called me early this morning...had an emergency..rescheduled for tomorrow at 9am. So, it's off to the whitecoats tomorrow!

You are in are thoughts and prayers hun.
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

In our prayers for sure.. Keep us posted.

Oh, I am sorry you now have to wait another day. That can be frustrating. I hope it is nothing serious.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

We'll be thinking of you tomorrow!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I'm back! Nothing major...vet aspirated it, I think he called it a saroma? About two weeks ago, she got a tooth in her...I didn't think anything of it until this happened...but it opened up a little pocket under the skin that started filling with blood. But now it is tennis ball sized...which obviously concerned me. So he drained it (mmm...yummy) and she is on antiobiotics to prevent against any infection that may be forming.

I'm glad it was nothing too bad, I just have to keep an eye on it to make sure it dosen't in fact abcess.

I'm so happy to hear it was nothing major!, I bet you are relieved that your baby will be fine,
    prayers coming to heal quickly with no further issues!

Kym
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Glad to hear it is nothing major. Get well soon, Skye.

Eep, yeah, those puncture wounds can be icky. I'm glad it was a seroma and not something more serious.

Thank you Wolf_Q!