Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the horse lovers....

For the horse lovers....

I do love horses and my sister has two but I normally post in the dog area because thats what I own myself.

Anyway, being an artist and all, horses are one of my favourite subjects. I just finished a painting of an Arab mare called Janati. The painting is entitled "Sandstormer".

Hope you like....

Dogs are not our whole lives but they make our lives whole.

www.tmhudsonfineart.co.uk

Oh my goodness! I absolutely love horses! My grandfather actually owns 5 horses..very beautiful! He used to race but not anymore. Now my step-grandma races. I'm so glad you posted about horses Anyways..here's a pic of one of the horses.

I forgot to mention it's a beautiful painting

What a gorgeous painting! That's awesome! It looks like a photograph...do you sell your works, or paint them for other people?

Holy Cow, that is AMAZING!
    I'm also going to have to ask the same thing... is painting just a hobby you do or do you sell your work? Wow, I'd kill to have a painting that good of Riley and Rebel!

Wow what a stunning painting!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Thanks all. Yes, I do commissioned works.

I'll most likely be doing my aunt and uncles obese, spoilt jack russell next, haha. They keep mithering me about it. I need to go and take some photos of her. Now this painting is done, I'll have to phone them up and arrange a time to nip down and take some pics.

The owner of this horse, who lives in california somewhere, asked if she could buy this painting. I don't want to sell it yet but may do further down the line but said if there were any other photos of Janati that she'd like doing, I'd do one as a commission and I'll probably knock something off the price in return for her letting me use the ref for this one.

xsyd - pretty horse you own. My sister has a grey gelding and a bay mare. I have a couple of photos I took of her riding the grey gelding in my DA gallery. Have a look. He's an Irish draught x. He looks quite Andalusiany since she let his mane grow longer....

At a one day event. Click the images to see the larger versions.
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...e+-in%3Ascraps

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/...e+-in%3Ascraps

That painting is just Gorgeous!! WOW!!! Job well done, i just looks so lifelike, it is amazing!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

OMG ,that is an awsome picture and horse!!!!!!
    it reminds me of dreamers horse and u r an cool artist!!!!
    ~Im a showjumper, an animal lover, a sister, and a great friend and the reason for who I am is because of the great people around me.~

*Rest In Peace Blossum*

It is gorgeous!

Niņo & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupess
    I do love horses and my sister has two but I normally post in the dog area because thats what I own myself.

Anyway, being an artist and all, horses are one of my favourite subjects. I just finished a painting of an Arab mare called Janati. The painting is entitled "Sandstormer".

Hope you like....

OMG! What a cute picture! You are a great artist!
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

Oh my gosh, that is one FINE piece of art. One day, I would love to be as good as you!

You can see a few (old) samples of my work here, I don't have any of my better stuff on the computer yet. Of course, I don't have much experience on my side, but I'm working on it!

Zimbabwe 07/13

You'll gain experience, you're only young yet.

Don't worry about not taking it at GCSE. I did but it isn't what helped me to get better. I'm still almost entirely self taught. I also did A-level and thats where I realised that art education wasn't for me. They wanted the abstract stuff which I don't like. I wanted to do realism. I didn't go beyond A-level.

I see you are in Lancashire. I'm in Yorkshire, lol. We have similar accents, haha...thats if you speak broad. Still, one of my most inspirational artists lives in Lancashire. His name is Steven townsend. Google him and take a look at his stuff. You really can't tell a lot of it from photos. You always need your inspirations in order to get better.

I love Steve Townsend's work, I think we have one of his paintings printed on a plate somewhere.

Heh heh, I guess we must have very similar taste in art. I am exactly the same, when I saw the syllabus for GCSE art I was quite put off. I wanted to mainly sketch with a little painting, but no forms of anything abstract at all, but apparently that makes me not varied enough. My friends who did take art evidently enjoy what they're doing, but they are mainly doing stuff like drawing with their eyes closed, symbolism and textured art. Blurgh! The art teacher still cannot comprehend why I cringe at abstract art, lol. Anyway, at least art is one of those subjects you can keep doing and develop by yourself.

I expect we do have very similar accents, I'm fairly broad, even though my ancestors are Welsh, and my parents are southerners!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Haha, yes, that does sound more usual for art education these days.

I like my art to speak for itself....grades don't really mean anything.

My mum is actually french Canadian, lol. Her parents were both english though but she spoke only French up until 6 years old when they moved back over here but she grew up down south and so doesn't have the normal Yorkshire accent. She has still been influenced by our accent though over the years that she has been up here. Although she sounds posh to the likes of me, I do hear her say a few things that have that Yorkshire twang, haha.
    My dad is a pure Yorkshire bloke and speaks like one. His parents were born and grew up in the same area that I still live in now. My friends at school and much of our family spoke broad so I do too.