Thread: My sunfish

My sunfish

Here's Pumpkinseed, or Pumpkinbutt as I like to call him. Its hard to photograph a moving object if you can't tell. There's no way to get a picture of him in his 20 gallon planted because he spends most of his time hiding from me yet. Occasionally he comes out to stare at me, but there's no way I'd be able to get a picture before he sees the camera coming and it wouldn't come out clear as its a cheapo $20 camera. I'm hoping to get done with photoshoots of everybody tonight.

"There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Aw he's so cute! And you did pretty good at getting pics of him for such a shy little fella! Good job I bet he'll come around to you soon enough

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Awww Pumpkinseed is so cute.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Wow, what a pretty fish!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Punpkinbutt, I love the name, and I understand how hard it is to take pics of moving things...... It's hard i confirm!

Cute..I have a question. Do your fish (particularly this one) live without filters or do you put them in display tanks to take pictures?

He's very cute indeed!

This is just a picture tank. Its an old betta tank really. This fish is in a 20g planted by himself, with a filter. He's new to me and still too shy to come out of hiding when I'm around. I actually just had a breakthrough Friday when he started recognizing the food container and coming to the top of the tank for foodwhen I tap the lid. Other then that he still stays out of sight for the most part when anybody gets within a foot or so of the tank.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

is he a cichlid??
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Close, sunfish are in the same order as cichlids.

Did you catch this fish?

I know there are wild sunfish here in Canada.

My sister has wild caught fish in her tank, there so long and skiny but cute lol.

He's a farmed fish, most likely for bait. I got him from a feeder tank. Your sister might have darters.

Cute little fella.

When I go fishing I'm always catching Pumpkinseeds. I thing the ones with the super yellow chests are so pretty! I always let them go. My fav is the Rock Bass, so pretty with its red eyes!

The other day he learned what the food container is. Now he can distinguish my fingers from the food container. He doesn't get too excited at my being in front of the tank until I'm holding the blue food container. He was following my fingers around the tank today, I'd have tried to get him to jump but I'm still afraid of his sharp mouth getting my fingers. I put a fake fish decoration next to the tank and he hid from it, then would inch closer, then when he got within a few inches he'd go back and hide and stare at it. He's certainly got a lot of personality.