Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Am So Proud Of My Son!!!!

I Am So Proud Of My Son!!!!

I know I should probably put this in General, but my PT friends are on here and I just have to share this with you all.

There was a major fire that started around 5:00 p.m. two streets away from where my oldest son, Mark lives. He got home from work and went to see what it was about. It was a Toyota car dealership place that was on fire. There was only 1 firetruck at the time. Anyhoo, the back brick wall of the place fell onto the back of some apartment buildings on the street over and there were cars exploding because of the fuel in them. My son ran to the apartment, because the back of it was starting to set on fire. He knocked on all the doors and most of the people were elderly. He started to get them out of the building and helped them over the snowbanks to get safely to the other side of the street. Today we had a major snowstorm. He even helped some of them with their pets. He went back in to make sure everyone was out. Thank goodness it was a small apartment building and the fire, so far, was contained in the back. He stayed to make sure the elderly were okay and once the firemen and police arrived he went back home. Some of them had gone down the street to a Boys Club to get out of the cold. Others went to a friends house. The also send a Red Cross bus for those who have no where to go.
    To say that I am so darn PROUD of my son is an understatement.
    Due to the fire, his power was off so he came over here for supper and was telling me what happened. I couldn't stop telling him how proud I was of him. I also told him that if his power didn't come on soon, to bring my two grandbabies here. After all, I didn't want them to get too cold.
    To make this official, here are pictures of Mark's cats.

Here is a picture of Fred.

And this is Tom.

My son Mark.

I am just beaming here with pride.
    I asked him how he felt about it and he said he didn't really feel anything. I asked him what he meant by that and he said that he didn't take the time to think about anything, he just did it, BUT, I bet it made him feel good to help those people.

I just had to share this with all of you.
    Last edited by rg_girlca; 03-03-2007 at 03:07 PM.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

You should be proud!! Such a selfless act! what a hero! Job well done!! Love the cats too by the way!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

LES!! What a wonderful person he is. (and HANDSOME too)

Yes, LES here, too. What a wonderful guy he is, just going in and doing what he thought had to be done. Give him a hug from me.

I guess he got the 'rescue' gene from you...........

ETA: his 'boys' are gorgeous!!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

What a good Boy,Very cute too!

Hooray, ya did good with the skin kid as well as with the fur babies!!!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Well done!

Mark, your mama must have raised you right!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

ya both done good. thank you for being good people in an often ungood world. les and a full heart.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

That's the definition of a true hero, someone who purposely places himself in danger to help others. What a son you have there! And he's quite a looker, too. You did quite a good job raising that guy.

Blessings,
    Mary

You SHOULD be proud!!! Any guy who likes cats is a keeper in my book. I'm in love with a cat named FRED...

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Your som Mark deserves a medal for getting those people and pets to safety.
    Thats the true definition of a hero.
    Mark , not only your mother but everyone on Pet Talk is PROUD of you.
    And you have two very handsome Cats.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

There are some real heroes left in this world. Your son is one of them.

It's no surprise that Mark would be so kind hearted, knowing who his mommy is! Oh and he is HANDSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

That is an inspiring story to say the least, well done Mark for helping those people, but hey he's a cat lover, so you know, what do expect!

What a good person your son Mark is, Lorraine! (That's no surprise, knowing what his mother is like.) You have every right to be as proud as you can be.

Mark, you are a true hero. Congratulations on a job bravely taken on and well done, and bless your wonderful heart.

Fred, Tom, and Mark are all very nice-looking guys, too!

Pat, Peony, Poppy, Priscilla, Sydney, and Elmer
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery