Thread: I got SO excited tonight...

I got SO excited tonight...

Maybe I am on my way to being a crazy cat lady, maybe just because these kittens are just as much mine as they are Snow's.. but guess what?? Mama's girl went pee in the litter box!!!!! I think you guys may be the only ones who would understand how that possibly could be exciting. lol This is the first for either of them.

They are eating quite a bit of kitten food now too, they know where the dish is and I am finding them there more and more often. No water yet, I havnt forced that issue just yet. Snow is already spending less and less time with them. Actually she never has been a constant mom. Since they were tiny she would nurse and clean them, then leave. She spends her days lounging around the house. Lately I have been bringing them to her since she will let them go for hours without going near them. Today I noticed she was getting engorged it had been so long!! Luckily they have interest in food and such already, I think mom may wean them pretty early. Snow is the type of cat that is way into herself. lol Not the best mom type. She does keep them well groomed. She is the OCD type that is ALWAYS cleaning and spotless.
    Emily with Snow, Cowgirl, and Chunky

LOL!!!! I know how you feel Emily. I was the same way when PeaPod did his first little PP and poop. PeaPod didn't start to drink any water, even though it was there for him, until he was about 7 weeks old.
    Since the babies are only 4 weeks old, they should still be nursing off of mama for at least another 2-3 weeks. It's good that you are bringing the babies to her.

Good job.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

That is great! you should be an excited kitty momma! way to go for the kittens!

I have a question? I have never raised kittens(well that young anyways)where do they potty before they learn to use the kitty box?? are there kitty pads, like puppy pads, or do they just go anywhere?? Sorry I am so dense!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

You're not dense. Mama licks the kittens rear to help stimulate the flow of urine and poop and swallows it. I know gross eh, but that's the way it goes and when the kittens are between 4-5 weeks old, you can start litter training them. You just put them in the litter box and take a paw and scratch it in the litter. Most kitten's take to it right away, others may take longer.
    That's why whenever you have an orphaned kitten, you have to stimulate the belly with a warm cloth, to simulate what the mother would do, to help them go to the bathroom. You do this while you have them over a piece of newpaper or paper towel.
    Last edited by rg_girlca; 03-03-2007 at 11:46 AM.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by rg_girlca
    You're not dense. Mama licks the kittens rear to help stimulate the flow of urine and poop and swallows it. I know gross eh, but that's the way it goes and when the kittens are between 4-5 weeks old, you can start litter training them. You just put them in the litter box and take a paw and scratch it in the litter. Most kitten's take to it right away, others may take longer.
    That's why whenever you have an orphaned kitten, you have to stimulate the belly with a warm cloth, to simulate what the mother would do, to help them go to the bathroom. You do these while you have them over a piece of newpaper or paper towel.
    Ahhh.....see you realy do learn somethin new everyday! I knew that mommas stimulated the kittens, but didnt realize they did it for that long, i thought i was when they were just born! very cool info, thanks so much!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Great job!! Pictures please

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Donna - total cuteness warning pics right here!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=123123
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Aw, that's so cute! It really is exciting when you see them use the litterbox for the first time. My Puddy dragged her leg w/the metal cast on it like the mummy and gave a karate yell before she hopped into the litterbox. It was so funny to watch. She still gives a karate yell before she hops up on the bed or sofa because of her bad leg and small size. I'd love to be be able to play w/your new babies. They're so adorable. Good job, girlie!

Blessings,
    Mary

That's great! A real milestone. Congratulations, Mama's Girl! And well done, Emily!

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Cowgirl follwed suit late last night! Cowgirl really went a lot too. lol Mama's girl just bit. I havnt seen neither go since, but its a start and I know they recognize what its for. Snow still takes care of it for the most part.
    Emily with Snow, Cowgirl, and Chunky