Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Breeders?

Breeders?

Just curious as to who all on PT is a breeder? i know just from i believe yesterday that Borzoimom is but i was curious who else is?

not me, I am all for adopting and helping homeless animals. I would never breed in my life, there's too many homeless animals out there that need homes already.
    anyways.. I believe LuvGold00 is a breeder.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Wolfsoul's Visa had her first litter recently. Luvgold00 breeds goldens.. but I haven't seen her around lately. I plan on breeding Keeva in a few years after she gets her CH and some working titles.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I was an occasional (a litter every 2 to 4 years) breeder of German Shorthaired Pointers from the early 70's until the mid to late "80's when I became painstakingly aware of the pet overpopulation problem.

After having my eyes opened to the tragedy of homeless dogs of all types and sizes, I could not justify a single reason for us to produce even one more puppy while dogs were dying in shelters all across the country.

Our pups were always spoken for before the breeding even took place and went to hunting or competition homes where they were also beloved pets. We only bred a litter when we planned to keep at least one puppy for ourselves. Not a good enough excuse to add to the tragedy with many other excellent breeders of GSP's out there..
    To train a dog you have to think like a dog!

I will hopefully be breeding my first litter of White Shepherds this Spring. But I agree with others that breeding should not be taken lightly with had bad the pet over population is. I did fostering and rescue for 12 or so years before I decided to breed and I still rescue. All my pets, except for Sheena are all rescues, even the ferrets. I wish that all people wishing to breed would be required to work in a rescue for at least 5 years so they could see the population problem. Might change many minds and if not it might help them to at least do it right. And even once a breeder I personally think all breeders should still be required to rescue in some way. I have a dream that I hope to fullfill in a couple of years of starting the first White Shepherd rescue in all of Canada. These of course are just my personal opinions.
    Nicole

I am not a breeder. I hope to someday show and breed Great Danes. This dream won't become a reality for many years, but someday. While I'm waiting for my dream to come true I'm doing rescue work. Even when I do start breeding I'll still be involved in rescue. I'll always have a foster! Never add to the problem unless you are going to do your part in helping it!

I was going to breed Gracie this year when/if she passed all her genetic tests, had gotten atleast a few pts toward her CH, and find the right stud. Because Gracie is 1 1/2in over the breed standard she is unshowable I had her spayed. I don't think unshowable dogs should be bred.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I am not right now, but I am planning on breeding White Shepherds/Berger Blanc Suisse. I have a puppy coming home with me in June...I plan on learning with him or her and showing (and making sure he or she is genetically sound before I do anything past that)....It's something of a dream to have a small kennel for that breed, and to bring the lines that are all over the world together to breed a superior dog....or at least make the breed better. Thats the whole point I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceph
    make the breed better. Thats the whole point I think.
    AMEN! I wish you could convince all the pet breeders, BYB and puppymillers that!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Visa had her first litter last year -- she will have her next and last litter in fall 2009 or spring 2010. I keep changing my mind about which male I want to breed to -- but I know the lines I am breeding to -- they are working lines made up mostly of malinois. Will bring very good nerves, sociability, confidence, and all-around good temperaments -- will also stabilize Visa's drive. Should be a very nice outcross before I cross back into my own lines. For Visa's daughter (I am keeping from the breeding) I want to see what frozen semen I can find that goes back into Visa's pedigree before some certain dogs. There are a couple of dogs in her pedigree that I do not like and so I would like to take the linebreeding further back and accentuate those particular lines. Visa is a dying line and I want to keep it alive, with occasional outcrosses for temperament, health, and type.

Breeding definatly takes dedication. I knew it was hard, going into it, but I didn't know it was an everyday job. I stay up late, researching dogs, lines, pedigrees...I never knew how important a pedigree was before. I can't just look at the dog's health clearances -- I must look at the health clearances of the dog's parents, littermates, offspring, etc. I email breeders on an almost daily basis, trying to gather as much information about certain dogs as I can. I am proud to know Visa's pedigree very well and am still very open to learning anything new. I know some people here have showed interest in a Visa pup in the future; Feel free to ask me about the strengths and weaknesses in her pedigree, as I am very open and honest about any issues. Or if you decide to go with another breeder, still feel free to do the same -- I will not be at all upset to know you are looking elsewhere.

I also agree -- rescuing and fostering is very important. I almost always have litters of kittens for adoption, and I keep momma cats while they are waiting for their spays and transports. I don't often foster dogs, as I don't have the space, but I am moving soon to a bigger house so hopefully that can change. I try to educate people as much as possible about pet shops, puppy mills, backyard breeders, etc. It feels like a wasted effort most times, but hopefully it does make a difference.
    I've been BOO'd!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleLJ
    I will hopefully be breeding my first litter of White Shepherds this Spring. But I agree with others that breeding should not be taken lightly with had bad the pet over population is. I did fostering and rescue for 12 or so years before I decided to breed and I still rescue. All my pets, except for Sheena are all rescues, even the ferrets. I wish that all people wishing to breed would be required to work in a rescue for at least 5 years so they could see the population problem. Might change many minds and if not it might help them to at least do it right. And even once a breeder I personally think all breeders should still be required to rescue in some way. I have a dream that I hope to fullfill in a couple of years of starting the first White Shepherd rescue in all of Canada. These of course are just my personal opinions.
    Nicole

Congratulations on your future breeding. I hope sheena doesn't have another false pregnancy. Do you plan on having Panda Shepherds again this time?
    As for the first White Shepherd Rescue in Canada, the First White Shepherd Rescue Dog has already been founded by Mark Echterling. The organization started in the late 2001 in CedarLakes and is now nationwide including Canada. Unfortunately, Mark lost his life to lung cancer after a year and a half battle and passed away in Sept 2004.

http://www.echodogs.org
    I just thought I would give you the site you can google since you always ask for proof.

Quote Originally Posted by mike001
    Congratulations on your future breeding. I hope sheena doesn't have another false pregnancy. Do you plan on having Panda Shepherds again this time?
    As for the first White Shepherd Rescue in Canada, the First White Shepherd Rescue Dog has already been founded by Mark Echterling. The organization started in the late 2001 in CedarLakes and is now nationwide including Canada. Unfortunately, Mark lost his life to lung cancer after a year and a half battle and passed away in Sept 2004.

I just thought I would give you the site you can google since you always ask for proof.
    Mike you and your crap and lies are just too funny. Yes Sheena had a false pregnancy in the fall. And no we have never and do not plan to ever breed Panda Shepherds. We always plan to breed whites and nothing else so trying to start that rumor and lie will not work.

And as for a White Shepehrd rescue in Canada there is none. Not one souly for Canada. Echo rescue is for teh States and sometimes helps Canadian White Shepherds. I LIVE in Canada so I plan to start the very first White Shepherd rescue in Canada for Canada.

Mike everyone has seen you for what you are. All they have to do is take a look at the Who Licenses Dog Trainers Thread:
    http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/show...1&page=9&pp=15

to see your many lies. You couldn't even keep your facts straight in that thread alone. Posting that you didn't know the pups you were getting because you were unsure about which litter and then a few posts later saying you got older dogs. You posted so many lies since you have been here and been caught doing so that I really wonder why you are still here and still trying your best to post lies about me. Your life must really be dull.
    Nicole

After breeding for many years. I like applesmom could not bring myself to add to the problem. So I do rescue and foster.

The dedication Jordan talks about is the tip of the iceberg, there are also untold hours of worry, late night vet visits, clients that move and need to take the dog back, and being financially able to do it.

Breeders that make a living off breeding, are not a real species. Good breeders will tell you it is the most expensive and rewarding hobby in the world, but it is not a money maker!

Just my 2 cents
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Mike- patience or not- you have no proof Nicole would have panda shepherds. Your activity to her threads is getting HIGHLY suspecious. Please do not pm me anymore.

Echo dogs was founded in Indiana, which I am certain you know is still a state not a Canadian province.

So they are NOT the first Canadian White shepherd rescue......................

Here we go again!
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    Mike- patience or not- you have no proof Nicole would have panda shepherds. Your activity to her threads is getting HIGHLY suspecious. Please do not pm me anymore.
    Thank you Borzoimom. There is no way I could have Pandas. As anyone with any knowledge of GSD genetics would know. Since I am only breeding Sheena to another White Shepherd(a very stunning male with great credentials) all they will have is White Shepherds. They can not produce any other color. If I was to breed Sheena to a Black GSD or a Black and tan GSD, that have no white in their lines, the only colors they would produce is colored GSDs. Not Panda's. If I bred Sheena to a Black GSD or a Black and tan GSD that had a white GSD in their lines then the result would be 50% colored puppies and the other 50% of the puppies would be white. Agian NO PANDA's. If anyone was to look at the pedigree of the first Panda Shepherd there is in fact NO White GSDs in the pedigree at all. All were colored GSD's. So the only way right now to produce Panda's is to in fact breed to a Panda Shepherd. And even then there is no garentee that any of the pups would be born with the Panda coloration. They could all just be carriers instead.

For people that have no clue about colored genetics about GSDs(as I didn't before I planned to get into breeding) there has been the misguided notion that breeding whites to colored shepherds was the cause for the Panda mutation. This rumour is of course false and can be proved easily by anyone checking out the pedigrees of the first Panda Shepherds. Whites have been a part fo the GSD since the very beginning and are not the cause of the Panda mutation and can not cause it by breeding a white to a colored. Genetics do not work that way. If people want links ot the Panda Shepherd info and pedigrees I would be very happy to supply them.
    Nicole