Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got an internship in Alaska...

I got an internship in Alaska...

Some of you know me, but many of you do not. I have been with Pet talk for a few years now. Slowly I have become more of a lurker then a poster, but I do check the board everyday for new information and updates on all my old friends.

I wanted to share some very exiting news with you guys. A gal at my work offered me an internship with her in Alaska at a Museum of National History. I had to fill out a big application, do some phone interviews with the owners but I am finally 100% excepted into the program!! I'm leaving May 26th and won't be back till late September or, if I'm loving it there, I may not come back till late November! My room and board are all paid for plus I get $75 a week for food from the museum. I am probably going to be getting a small part time job that I only have to work like 20 hours a week at just so I have a little more income.

My mom is going to be watching my dogs and my rabbits while I'm away. While it breaks my heart to leave them and it makes me cry every time I think about the fact that they most likely will not greet me like normal when I get back, I really do feel this is something I need to do. My life has been so blah lately that I'm exited to have this HUGE change come along. I will write more often and try to keep you guys updated on how things go. The museum will have wireless internet so I will be able to log onto Pet talk and say hi.

Wish me luck guys, I’m so scared to leave my babies and my home behind for 4 months. I really hope this turns out to be all I expect it to.

Ashley

PS: Sorry I wrote a book.
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    http://www.alaskamuseum.org/index.html This place? In Anchorage? A mile or 2 from my house? PM me if you want to get together during your visit.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

That is amazing! I wish you the best of luck. I would love to go to Alaska. You're very fortunate for this. What an adventure! I know you'll miss your animals terribly. I honestly don't know if I could leave mine behind or not. We'll look forward to hearing from you and maybe some pics?

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I wish I was going to be right near you, but I'm doing it through the American Bald Eagle Foundation - http://www.baldeagles.org/museum.html .

It's in Haines Alaska. Maybe you could take a very long road trip and come see me?

One of the cooler things I will be helping with this summer is setting up a HUGE bald eagle, realistic cage that will house 3 bald eagles that can not be released into the wild due to injures. Since they can't gain there freedom, they are hopeing to give them a wonderful retirement at the Foundation.

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Oh how amazingly cool! You will take your camera, and post lots of pictures, right?
    I've Been Frosted

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspen and Misty
    I wish I was going to be right near you, but I'm doing it through the American Bald Eagle Foundation - http://www.baldeagles.org/museum.html .

It's in Haines Alaska. Maybe you could take a very long road trip and come see me?

One of the cooler things I will be helping with this summer is setting up a HUGE bald eagle, realistic cage that will house 3 bald eagles that can not be released into the wild due to injures. Since they can't gain there freedom, they are hopeing to give them a wonderful retirement at the Foundation.

Ashley
    Haines to Anchorage 775 miles/1247 km - Hmmm, I don't think it is in the cards. But you never know! Congratulations on the internship!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

What a great opportunity for you. This will be an adventure that you will never forget or regret. Congratulations!

Congratulations!! I just landed the internship of my dreams, it's a great feeling isn't it?

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Congratulations! What an amazing opportunity. Good luck!

WOW!! Congrats!!!!

~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

WOW!!!THAT IS TOTALLY WILD! What a great opportunity! This will be an amazing experience I bet. I agree- take your camera.. WOW! CONGRATULATIONS!

Wow, Ash that is so great! Many congratulations and good luck!

CONGRATULATIONS, well done, Alaska looks an amazing place to go, is it true what they say, that men outnumber women there? lol, i have been watching that programme Men in Tree's, it is filmed there i believe, and that is what they say, Lisa tell all?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Oh, that sounds so exciting! Congratulations!

Congrats Ash! I've always wanted to visit Alaska, be sure to take tons of pictures for us to see!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!