Thread: I get to shave a Great Pyrenees..

I get to shave a Great Pyrenees..

A friend of my moms down the street has a Great Pyrenees. She has asked me to do a shave-down on him! This is the fourth...commisioned grooming I've done recently. I clipped two poodle mixes, shaved a cat, and now the Pyr. Along with clipping Sammy once (he did admittedly look kind of bad...he was my first victim, since then I've gotten much better!). Everyone just loves coming to me for their grooming needs, haha. I will definately get some pics while I'm doing it.

Sorry for this kind of pointless thread, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by areias
    A friend of my moms down the street has a Great Pyrenees. She has asked me to do a shave-down on him! This is the fourth...commisioned grooming I've done recently. I clipped two poodle mixes, shaved a cat, and now the Pyr. Along with clipping Sammy once (he did admittedly look kind of bad...he was my first victim, since then I've gotten much better!). Everyone just loves coming to me for their grooming needs, haha. I will definately get some pics while I'm doing it.

Sorry for this kind of pointless thread, lol.
    Its not pointless areias. Its great to see you are progressing in a new " field".
    I know its not your decission, but did you tell the owner that shaving certain breeds actually makes them hottie. The reason is that it removes the top coat that would keep the heat out, and by making the coat short, it becomes like a double haired blanket. Unless the dog is matted, shaving certain breeds can make the dog more miserable. Maybe just a real good bath and blow out will help??
    Breeds like the Pyn, the collie, the Bouvier, etc it really does make them hotter. Maybe the owners already considered this- in that case- MY POINT is pointless.. lol..

Hey, good for you! You are being recognized in your field. Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    Its not pointless areias. Its great to see you are progressing in a new " field".
    I know its not your decission, but did you tell the owner that shaving certain breeds actually makes them hottie. The reason is that it removes the top coat that would keep the heat out, and by making the coat short, it becomes like a double haired blanket. Unless the dog is matted, shaving certain breeds can make the dog more miserable. Maybe just a real good bath and blow out will help??
    Breeds like the Pyn, the collie, the Bouvier, etc it really does make them hotter. Maybe the owners already considered this- in that case- MY POINT is pointless.. lol..
    The dog is fairly young...plays rough with their other dog, a shepherd mix, and constantly gets stuff stuck in his coat (well..if that bothered you..why did you get this breed..hahaha) but that's why they want to shave, to cut down on their grooming time. So whatever, if they are going to have it done anyways, I might as well take the opportunity and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by areias
    The dog is fairly young...plays rough with their other dog, a shepherd mix, and constantly gets stuff stuck in his coat (well..if that bothered you..why did you get this breed..hahaha) but that's why they want to shave, to cut down on their grooming time. So whatever, if they are going to have it done anyways, I might as well take the opportunity and do it.
    Sounds good- you could always offer to be the monthly groomer... instead of shaving.. lol..