Thread: Prayers for a very special friend please.

Prayers for a very special friend please.

I have a very dear friend who is in a horrible place in her life right now. She's a strong older woman. VERY strong. But she's cracking and I fear she's not going to make it much longer. Her husband is but a shell of his former self thanks to alzheimers. He refuses to eat, and is a walking skeleton. She's his care taker and she's been desperately looking for a home for him but the cheapest she can find is well over $6,000 a month (Technically they can afford it). She's closing down his family business thats been running since 1888. She's feeling guilt of putting 50-some people out of work, but nobody's interested in buying the business, as the foreman did some tricky sneaky things and run the business into the ground.

She went to church yesterday, looking forward to an few hour's reprieve and came home to her house burnng down. Luckily its just contained to the kitchen, but everything is majorly smoke damaged.

This strong woman called me in tears this afternoon. I have NEVER seen or heard her cry in t he 18 years I've known her. I don't know what to do or say to help her. My mom has volunteered to "watch" her husband while she gets out o the house and does something -- anything -- on her own. She refuses to let even my mom see her husband like he currently is (good old German stubborness!) I was floored when I saw her husband this past friday. He's frail, gaunt, dead looking. He remembered me, but I'm certain he remembered me as I was 18 years ago and did not see me for who I am today. This man was a second father to me.

Anyway.... can I please have some prayers for my friend? She's a wonderful woman who has had a hard life. She has a heart of pure gold and I can't stand the idea of her suffering like this. Please say any prayers you can spare.

She'll be in our prayers. Check with your local hospital, or check with your pastor - there are programs for people who are the caretakers of Alzheimer's patients, and she sounds like she could use the support and understanding - and to know she is not alone. The poor thing is surely physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted. A cup of cocoa and a good cry on a soft shoulder may do her some good, but she needs - I know this will be hard for her to hear - help. She doesn't need to go through this all alone. And accepting help from medical professionals - a.k.a. strangers - is often far easier than accepting help from friends.
    I've Been Frosted

My Father died a long slow death from Alzheimers, it takes a toll on the survivor, my Mom died at an early 71 after he died. There comes a point when a care home is a better option for everyone involved.

I am so sorry your friend is going through this.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Alzheimer's is hardest on the famlies and she has no business trying to do it alone. That is to big a burden for one person. She will be in my prayers!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!