Thread: I Hate My Neighbor

I Hate My Neighbor

*@*$&*%#(+*#%

I can't stand her!!!!! I was supposed to be in Fort Benning, GA Wednesday-Friday to see my dad graduate from the army..the whole family is going up there, etc. We had all the animals planned-the 4 younger ones were going to boarding, the three older dogs who lounge around, my neighbor's boyfriend was coming over to let out and feed. And then throw some food at the cats too. They are around all the time anyway. We asked him probably a month ago and have kept in touch about the subject.

Well...today (TWO DAYS BEFOREHAND) she comes over and tells my mom that she is going to her father's (an hour and a half away) with him on Wednesday through Saturday because she JUST scheduled a surgery on one of her horses that she keeps there. It is NOT an emergency surgery, just a corrective surgery. So he won't be able to do it. And these are not teens, she is 24 I think and he is 30 something!

Now what are we supposed to do?? If she had told us this even a week ago, we could have figured something out, but as it stands we cannot afford to board all dogs, especially because Boomer and Sam are not vaccinated, and I probably wouldn't be able to get them in for shots *tomorrow*.

I'm waiting for a friend to call me back to see if she can stay here for those couple days, if not I guess I'll be staying here.

That is a total bummer! I wish I lived near you, I'd be happy to watch your critters Army graduation is a big deal, I wish I could have watched my brother graduate from boot camp. It would suck majorly if you missed out.

Prayers that a solution can be found!

that is all not fair ohhhhh i wish i was your neighbor ide be so
    happy to do it for you
    A pet is for life not for christmas

If you BUY you give an animal a home, if you ADOPT/REHOME you give an animal a life

I'm not going to be able to go.

My daughter has a succesful pet sitting business. Look in the yellow pages for one near you. You should be there for your dad. Plus there will be other times you might need a pet sitter so finding one is important.

Your family must have some other friends near you, or maybe a co-worker, someone from church or a group of some kind? Is there any support group for service people that might help for a few days? You might try to find someone willing to help from your local Veterans org. Someone at your vets who know the dogs? It would be a shame if you don't get to go.

I hope you can work something out so you can attend.

In my experience, any professional pet sitter is going to ask to see the vaccination records to verify everything is up to date. They have to protect their own pets and those of their other customers.

So sorry your plans got messed up.
    Sandra

Put up an add on craigslist,

Maybe you could ask someone if you could pay them when you got back, even if it's payed weekly .. I'm sure there's a good hearted person out there who should understand.

AW I really hope you get to go with your dad. I hope you find someone very fast. If I was there I wouild look after your critters no problem! Poopy neighbours!

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

I know around here you can find pet-sitters that will just come to your house like twice a day to feed and walk them.
    Good luck. I hope you get to go, this is important for your dad.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Your vet will know of pet sitters - or might even board your babies for you for a not-bad rate. One of the techs there might even check in on them for you.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda