Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PT Cooking Magazine *SUPPERTIME*

What a fun idea for a thread! Tonight I had a black bean and cheese burrito and a spinach salad with pesto dressing:

It's really easy, just lightly fry a tortilla filled with your favorites! My tortilla tonight is tomato-basil.

I don't have a picture but I made enough beef stew last night for an army. I had to use three large pots to cook it all. We ate it last night, I took some down to my Dad today and I'm freezing the rest.

I just got back from my Dad's so I have no clue what we are eating tonight. NOT STEW!

From Decker with Love

One of my favorite side dishes is Green Rice. It's easy and versatile. I use Success rice in bags, but regular rice would work, too.

Fill a large pan 3/4 full of water. Add 1/2 to 1 cup of chopped onion and the same of chopped green pepper. (I buy the frozen bags to make it easier). Add 1/4 cup finely chopped celery (or 1 Tablespoon dry celery flakes) and the same of dried Parsley. Bring the water to a boil. Add the rice bag and cook on medium high for 10 minutes.

Pour the entire pot into a large strainer. Return the onions and pepper mixture to the pot. Add the drained rice. Mix in butter or margarine and salt/pepper to taste.

Vary the amounts of 'greens' to suit your taste.

Leftovers can be combined with a can of drained stewed tomatoes, chili powder and grated cheese. Stuff this into partially cooked, boiled green pepper halves and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Or add a can of drained stewed tomatoes, cooked and crumbled hamburger and chopped jalepenos for Spanish Rice.

It looks as good as it tastes. Sorry I don't have a picture!

I am a baker more than a cook...I dont have the recipe for my homemade pie crust, but when I go home I'll post that...

Here's Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll.

3 beaten eggs, 1 c. sugar (I usually add a little more), 2/3 c. pumpin (the canned stuff), 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 3/4 c. flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp pumkin pie spice (I usually add to taste)...and you can add nuts...which I dont do cause my dad doesnt eat them.

I just kind of mix it all together, through it in a wax paper lined, buttered up jelly roll tray, cook at 375 for 10-15 minutes...then I take a towel with powdered sugar sprinkled on it...turn the tray bread down and then peel the wax paper off the top. Let it cool for 30 minutes then you spread the filling inside and roll it up.

the filling is : 8oz cream cheese, t tbs soft butter (unsalted) or 2 tbs melted butter (alot messier), 1 c. powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla (I usually do to taste)

This week is my spring break and my daddy is making me my family secret french onion soup (its a secret recipe from a pre WWII pariesian restaruant) and I am having schwarma...which is amazing (a kosher lamb sandwitch thing)

Ridiculously Easy Cinnamon Rolls

1 Tube refrigerated crescent rolls
    cinnamon sugar mix (approx 1 part ground cinnamon to 3 parts white sugar)
    margarine

Roll out the tube of crescent rolls and seal the creases so that you have 2 long rectangles. Spread a thin layer of butter or margarine over the top of the rectangles. Sprinkle plenty of cinnamon sugar over the rectangles. Don't be shy, I cover them Roll the rectangles up like a jelly roll with the cinnamon sugar mixture inside. Cut the "logs" into a total of 8 small cinnamon rolls. Place them on a baking pan and bake them according to the package directions.
    For frosting I mixed about 1/2 cup powdered sugar with a splash of milk and a splash of vanilla extract. Continue to add tablespoons of powdered sugar if it's too runny or just a splash of milk at a time if it's too thick. Yummy, fast, and easy!!!
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Originally Posted by Sirrahsim

Coca-Cola Potroast
    1 pot roast, trimmed of visible fat. We use an arm roast because it is inexpensive
    1 small bag of baby carrots
    1 large onion, chopped
    2 medium potatoes, diced
    1 can Campbell's chunky potato soup, any variety
    1 can Coca Cola
    1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix

Dump carrots, potatoes, and onions in the bottom of a 4-5 quart slow cooker. Add in potato soup and stir until the veggies are evenly coated. Place pot roast on top of the veggies and pour the onion soup mix on top of the meat. Pour a can of Coke on top of the veggies around the meat.
    Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours and on high for 4 hours. Or on low ALL day.

I have this one in the Crockpot right now! I cannot wait till dinner to try it!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

ohh I hope you like it!! Let us know
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Everything looks great,I will post something soon i have just been making simple dishes for dinner since i have been running back and forth to the hospital.

How was the pot roast? Tonight I made a super fancy chicken dinner.
    Parmesan Herb Shake and Bake made with chicken tenderloins, steamed veggies, and Uncle Ben's Ready Rice It was yummy though! Here is Tyler's plate:

Supper for me and hubby ... 3.5.07

Here is what hubby and I had for supper tonight! I'm trying to start cooking "healthier".

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing

Boneless (skinless) chicken tenderloins ... cooked all day in crockpot with Fat-Free cream of chicken soup and sliced onion. Garlic powder for added flavor.

Fresh veggie mix - Cucumber, Broccoli, Cherry tomatoes, marinated all day in fridge with Caesar Vinaigrette w/ parmesan Dressing. Tossed with slivered almonds just before serving.

Steamed plain white rice - used FF cream of chicken soup left in crockpot as gravy!

YUMMY!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Tonight I sauteed some red and green pepper, red onion, zucchini and baby spinach in a little olive oil, added a bit of Mrs. Dash seasoning and served it over whole wheat pena pasta. I added some parmeson cheese, although I would have preferred feta. I wish I would have thought to take a picture, because it did look colorful. Probably a cut up tomato would have been a good addition too.

Then, since I had eaten so healthy....I downed three girl scout cookies and a glass of chocolate soy milk.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Here is a nice recipie for garlic and cheese bread nice for salads and soups - try it you will love it..........

225g / 8oz Self Raising Flour
    50g / 2oz Butter or Margarine
    Pinch of Salt
    50g / 2oz Grated Cheddar Cheese
    1 Clove of Garlic (crushed)
    150ml / 1/4pt milk

Method:

1.Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7. Lightly grease a flat baking sheet.2. Sieve flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in the cheese and garlic.3. Pour in the milk, reserving a tablespoonful for glazing the wedges, gently mix until combined.4. Turn onto a floured surface and knead briefly and lightly. Press dough into a I” thick round. Cut into 8 wedges. Place onto prepared tin and brush with reserved milk. 5. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until light brown. 6. Serve hot or cool on a wire tray.7. Serve with soup, salad or cheese.
    jackmilliesmom

Thanks to Michelle (Kittycats_Delight) for my wonderful
    cheerful and special signature and avatar!!!!!!

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrahsim
    ohh I hope you like it!! Let us know
    I was great!! loved it!! My aunt and her kids came over the other night, and they helped with the leftovers, and loved it as well!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by critter crazy
    I was great!! loved it!! My aunt and her kids came over the other night, and they helped with the leftovers, and loved it as well!
    I'm so glad that it was a hit!!

Right now I have a ham roast in the crock pot! The recipe calls for a pork roast but I am NOT a fan of the taste of a pork roast at all so I use the precooked ham halves instead
    This picture does not do it justice. It turns out soooo tender and yummy

3lb pork roast (I use precooked ham halves)
    1 large can crushed pineapple with juice
    2 to 3 Tbsp brown sugar
    2 Tbsp soy sauce
    1/2 clove minced garlic
    1/4 tsp dried basil
    about 4 additional ounces of pineapple juice

Place roast in slow cooker. Combine all ingredients and pour over ham. Cover and cook 4 hours on high and 4 hours on low. I think it helps to use a spoon to pour some of the liquid up over the meat whenever you happen to wander through the kitchen.
    If you want gravy to go with it you can remove the meat and use the juices. Measure out the cooking juices, add enough water to make about 1 3/4 cups and pour into a saucepan. In a separate bowl blend about 2Tbsp flour with 1/4 cup cold water until smooth. Stir flour mixture into the hot cooking juices and bring it all up to a boil. Stir constantly until thickened.

I usually heat up a loaf of store bought Hawaiian bread and some sort of veggie to go with it