Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: True story- my 5 year old and the teacher..

Lollllllll! :d

anyone uh else.. uh applesmom.. etc..????

Well there's this one which is a repeat from the bitch thread.

It's a good thing I didn't have anything in my mouth when I read that. It would be all over my keyboard by now.

One long ago Monday morning, my granddaughter took a huge purple and gold rosette to school with her for show and tell. None of her friends had ever brought anything quite like it. Bursting with excitement and eager to share the news, she blurted out; "My grandmas Bitch won Best of Breed yesterday"!

The room fell into a dead silence as all the little first graders tried to stifle their giggles behind their little red cheeks. The inventive teacher took advantage of the situation and turned it into a discussion on the proper terms for different sexes of various animals and their proper usage. If that happened today, the child would probably be marched to the principals office and suspended!

Then there's this one. Obviously our involvement in dogs was a huge family thing. Just about every weekend we were at some kind of dog event.

Another time the same granddaughter took it upon herself to give her now fascinated classmates a lesson in what goes on in the show ring. She made it fine through explaining the judge; the significance of the classes, checking in with the steward, getting the armbands, lining up outside the ring and protocol for entering the ring.

But when it came time to explain "the handler stacks the dog and the judge goes over it" she ran into lots of giggles and questions such as; "you mean the dogs are stacked on top of each other; don't they get mad; does it hurt them?" She finally gave up in disgust as couldn't make them understand.

After school a gaggle of little girls showed up at our house for a private demonstration on "stacking and going over". The next morning she insisted on taking a "stacked" photo to school to finish her lesson with those who hadn't followed her home the day before.
    To train a dog you have to think like a dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog
    We were at a friends house once when my son was about four years old and he was playing with their intact male dachshund. The dog rolls over on its back and my son says, LOUDLY, of course ... "Mom! Do you see that! This dog still has his testicles! He's not neutered!!!" Perhaps a sign that you have drug your child to one too many shelters, rescues and adoption events, eh?
    LOL!! That's Great!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by applesmom
    Then there's this one. Obviously our involvement in dogs was a huge family thing. Just about every weekend we were at some kind of dog event.

Another time the same granddaughter took it upon herself to give her now fascinated classmates a lesson in what goes on in the show ring. She made it fine through explaining the judge; the significance of the classes, checking in with the steward, getting the armbands, lining up outside the ring and protocol for entering the ring.

But when it came time to explain "the handler stacks the dog and the judge goes over it" she ran into lots of giggles and questions such as; "you mean the dogs are stacked on top of each other; don't they get mad; does it hurt them?" She finally gave up in disgust as couldn't make them understand.

After school a gaggle of little girls showed up at our house for a private demonstration on "stacking and going over". The next morning she insisted on taking a "stacked" photo to school to finish her lesson with those who hadn't followed her home the day before.
    That's why I'm always beat out by 13 year olds in the junior judging copetition! Now, at 17, I'm just convincing my mom to create a list of questions to ask a breeder/handler about what is involved with signing on to co- own a dog for junior handling.

Niņo & Eliza

The contract and agreement will depend on the owner and what is expected.

We co-owned a young dog with a Junior Handler (a friend of our daughter) and it worked out great for everyone concerned. We had no written contract, which could have been a mistake but it turned out just fine. The dog lived with us at first and when she and her parents went to out of town shows she took him with her. She showed him in both JH and the breed ring and she was the one that put most of his championship points on him.

By the time she'd outgrown JH and he was finished, they'd forged such a bond that we couldn't bear to take him away from her. As a result we gave him to her and they went on to make their mark in the obedience ring too. He spent the rest of his life with her even after she'd married and had kids.

She showed many other dogs for other people for a little while after that and did quite well. She didn't get into professional handling even though she could have. She chose to devote herself to becoming a special ed teacher instead.
    To train a dog you have to think like a dog!

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    Gotta love her! ROFLMAO!!! everytime I hear that story (I've heard it about 10 times on gably )
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL