Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VERY Sweet Dog in the need of a home asap....OHIO

VERY Sweet Dog in the need of a home asap....OHIO

Yesterday I was traveling to work from home after taking care of the pups on lunch break and I saw this poor inocent dog running along a four lane hwy. I pulled over and she jumped right in with me. I took her to work with me, feed and watered her, and she slept most of the day. I have called around to the shelters, humane society, and vets and noone has called in saying they lost their dog. She is the sweetest dog ever, she won the heart of anyone that came in contact with her. Right now I am trying to find a foster home for her or potential forever home. I am still searching for her owner, but things arn't looking promising.

She is all black, except a little white on each foot on the end of her toes and a white marking on her chest, I am guessing a lab mix. I took her to the vet, she is healthy and now up to date on vaccines. They estimate her to be between 10 and 12 months old. She has had a litter of pups recently, they are guessing her pups are around 8 weeks old, but I have no idea where they are. She is the sweetest dog you could ever have. I would take her myself, but I already have three in the house and no room for more.

Please help me find a home for her, I love her to much already to take her to any shelter. I am determined to find a forever home for her.

She is located in Upper Sandusky Oh, which is approx. 60 miles south of Toledo and 60 miles north of Columbus Ohio.

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    Oh my... she looks just like my Jenny... with maybe a little less white. But the ears are the same... oh if I were anywhere NEAR ohio I'd take 'em home in a heartbeat!
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

Don't give up on finding her home too soon.
    It's taken weeks for people to find their dogs. She looks pretty well taken care of.

In the mean time, post 100's of fliers of her being found. Many newspapers will run free found ads. List her on petfinder as found, check other sites as well for lost dogs.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Aw, she's darling. And she sounds like a sweetheart.
    JMO, but since she's had a litter recently and wasn't with them, I'm thinking maybe someone dumped her . Will keep all paws crossed that maybe her owners are still looking for her.

You could try taking her up to Ralph & Amy's Pad in Toledo ...
    slip her in the back door. As long as New Dog and Sadie were't in the same room -
    she might not be noticed for a week or two.

Poor Spotty Boy will just have to grin & bear it!

Sure do HOPE we can find a PT-Approved Home for her.

How are the BIG Kids accepting her into their home?
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

how is she with other dogs and cats?
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

She is wonderful with other dogs, but my female, Trinity doesn't take to kindly of females approaching her house, so right now the pup is at my vets until Monday, then my brother is going to foster her till Thursday. If I don't find a home by then, I will have to figure out a way for Trinity to accept her and welcome her to our home, until I find her home or find a home for her. She is a true sweetie, so I imagine she would be wonderful with cats. I have two of my own, so when she comes over I will see how she acts and post that as well. She has totally taken over my heart and my husbands, but we just can't have four dogs in the house, that is more than we would like to handle right now. We do love her though and hoping we can find a wonderful home for her.

Quote Originally Posted by shawsdanes

Trinity doesn't take to kindly of females approaching her house ...

I will have to figure out a way for Trinity to accept her and welcome her to our home ...

She has totally taken over my heart and my husband's ...
    Hmmmm ... one paw in the door ...

C'mone, Trinity!
    You're being the only hiccup in the Git-a-Long - Lighten Up!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Thank you for caring for her.

The other day I ran across a web site for lost and found pets

http://www.lostandpound.com/

You can first check to see if anybody has listed her as lost. If not, you can list her as "found.

You might give it a try--doesn't hurt.

Good luck!
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Have you taken any of my advice? She doesn't sound like an abused/mistreated dog. She sounds like someone's pet. How do they know she's recently had puppies?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke

You could try taking her up to Ralph & Amy's Pad in Toledo ...
    slip her in the back door. As long as New Dog and Sadie were't in the same room -
    she might not be noticed for a week or two.

Poor Spotty Boy will just have to grin & bear it!

Sure do HOPE we can find a PT-Approved Home for her.

How are the BIG Kids accepting her into their home?
    Just hope Ralph doesn't notice!!!

(Tell me when, and I'll leave a you a key )

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy'sMom
    Just hope Ralph doesn't notice!!!

(Tell me when, and I'll leave a you a key )

Oh, goodie. I thought Phred had a great idea there. j/k
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    Have you taken any of my advice? She doesn't sound like an abused/mistreated dog. She sounds like someone's pet. How do they know she's recently had puppies?
    It's usually fairly easy to tell if an animal has just had babies....their teats are typically swollen.

Good luck finding this girl's people or a good home!

Try searching or posting on http://www.petfinder.com/post/classifiedhop.html or http://www.dogdetective.com

Don't forget to take her to have her scanned for a microchip. Around here it is very rare to find people that will charge you to have a dog scanned.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyMom
    Thank you for caring for her.

The other day I ran across a web site for lost and found pets

http://www.lostandpound.com/

You can first check to see if anybody has listed her as lost. If not, you can list her as "found.

You might give it a try--doesn't hurt.

Good luck!
    Thank you I will deffinatly do that.