Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I Just Put My Baby to Sleep

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. I'm so sorry about Maxie. It hurts real bad, I know. Time will help to ease your pain. Maxie will always be with you, in your heart. {hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

{{hugs}}
    so sorry for your loss.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I am so sorry for the loss of your little one.

UPS has my cat.

They couldn't deliver him to me (his ashes) yesterday because the crematorium didn't have my apartment number (which I gave). So his ashes have been sitting in a cold, dark UPS building all night. I'm leaving work early to pick him up. My poor Maxie. I hope I can be strong enough and not break down when I pick him up. It's going to be hard.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

That's infuriating, to be sure, but keep in mind that it's only Maxie's "clothing" that is in the urn. Maxie is playing at the RB, free from all pain and cares. He comforts you when you're sad and this is one of those times. Don't cry any more for Maxie. You miss him, I know, but he's alright.

Blessings,
    Mary

I'm so sorry to hear about Maxie, but you really did make the right decision. It's still hard to lose our pets / babies though. I hope time helps and that you always remember the good times you had with Maxie.

I literally just joined...and I was reading your story and the wonderful words of all the members on here...and I was crying.

Maxie sounds wonderful! A lot like my baby, Gin...I can't imagine having to put a pet down. {{{{HUGS}}}} It will get better...and there will be new cats to fill your home with joy again...just give it time

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMoon
    I literally just joined...and I was reading your story and the wonderful words of all the members on here...and I was crying.

Maxie sounds wonderful! A lot like my baby, Gin...I can't imagine having to put a pet down. {{{{HUGS}}}} It will get better...and there will be new cats to fill your home with joy again...just give it time
    Thank you for your kind words (and thank you to everybody else as well).

And welcome to PT.

I just made a donation in Maxie's name to the Winn Feline Foundation. They have a special fund that researches Cardiomyopathy.

I still miss Maxie very much. Especially now that the weather is getting warmer and the windows are open. He used to sit or lay in the window, in the sun, and take a cat nap. When I would go outside he would sit in the window & meow "hello" to me. I went outside this weekend and kept looking up to see him - but he wasn't there. I think about him every single day.

It was very hard to change my window & door clings that alert firefighters that there are pets inside. They now read dog: 1 and cat: 1. The 2 is crossed off.

Oh, Elizabethann, I am so sorry for your loss of Maxie. What a wonderful cat, so much part of your life. Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures.

You gave him a wonderful life full of love and warmth and food, with his very favorite person in the world with him right up to the very end. The love you share will always go on.

What a fine thing you did to donate to the Winn Feline Foundation's Cardiomyopathy fund in his name. Other cats will live better because of your beloved Maxie and the love you and he share.

Hugs {{{{{elizabethann}}}}},
    Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am so sorry. I too lost my very best friend on March 5th. I had been feeding him contaminated pet food. I still cry but it does seem to get better. You loved your dear Max, and animals are human--they know. You did what you did out of love. If you had tried to keep him alive, knowing how much he was suffering, that would have been for you. You did the right thing. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

play hard at the Bridge sweet Cosmo and be greeted by kitty angels
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by KitCat
    Sometimes it's better to let our loved friends go, so they aren't in pain anymore. I am sure your kitty is watching over you and understands.
    I agree ... it's a hard decision, but your beautiful kitty will be running and playing on the Bridge, happy as can be.

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

I am so very sorry to hear about Maxie !!! Sending some warm hugs.

I couldn't imagine the pain you must be in.... {{{hugs}}}
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky