Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who has a pure-breed?

Rottie

I have a pure-breed rottie named Phoebe..she is a sweatheart.

My Dogs!

I have a pure-breed rottie (Phoebe) we adopted her from Rottie Rescue and she is a sweetheart... Also Deisel (Rottie/Shepard) we adopted him from the SPCA. His nick name is "Devil Dog" and if I can find the pics, I will show all of you the evidance of why. He was a very distructive baby....typical BOY though!!
    lol....

Deisel

oops Deisel's pics didn't show up in the last post..

I have 2 purebred labs, and they r wonderful!!! They both have very different personalitys though. Chubby the yellow labrador, has a lot of energy, and he run a lot. Chubby is turning 5 on October 8!!!
    Digger the black labrador is 10 years old, but in very good shape. He loves hunting just as much as Chubby does, but he gets tired easier, and he is getting deaf. We r teaching him hand signals. He is fairly good at them.
    I also have a purbred pug, and he is going blind and deaf...
    But still playful when u want him to be and sleepy all of the rest of the time!!!

Hi i have a purebred Rott and a pure bred Presa Canario, people were always afraid of my Rott , but now they seem to think i have a killer in my house with my Presa , when really she is the sweetest dumplin ever. sometimes people think she is a pitt, and some think she looks like a great dane too, i think she looks like a big cat with her sexy tail.

The Presa Canario is one breed I'm not familiar with at all. I know the media says bad things about them, just like they do about Pit Bulls (seems to sell newspapers). I don't believe there are bad dogs, just bad breeders.

I invite you, and everyone else that has a pure-breed, to stop by our forum and provide your input. Other members may have opened a thread with your pure-breed type, but I know there's quite a few we're still missing, such as a Pug, Presa, to name a few.

Do you have a picture of your Presa?
    Barbi
    on behalf of Lady/Tobi/Buffy
    http://www.cutefamilypets.com
    a great site for all animal-lovers!
    Has your pet been featured yet?

Barbiro,
    i will definitely go to that site. I have a bunch of pics of my presa i tried to post them yesterday but they didn't work i will try again, most people i tell about her only know of her breed by that trial in california, the breeder we got her from says those were not purebred presa, either way i also believe there are no bad dogs just bad owners. here is a a link to the website where we bought her it is in canada , we drove there quite a few times to talk with the breeder and see her dogs, Senoritas(my pooch) parents are on the site there names are zella and goblin they are very sweet dogs, all the presas looked very intimidating but when she let them out to play they were sooooo sweet and loving:
    www.werewolfkennels.com

I have to admit that the first time I heard about the breed was because of that trial!! Isn't that sad! I know so many pet owners, but never one with a Presa. We talked about the trial and everyone agreed they had never heard of that breed.

Well...now you can educate the public at my site by talking about your pooches and how wonderful they are. You can also add your web site's link (give it some traffic!!) plus there's a Breed Gallery for those owner's who feel their pure-breed is the best!! Add your pet as well!! Nothing but the best of the breed there.

I wanted my site to be a fun site and have created a lot of things. for pet owners. Just visit, enjoy and have fun!
    Barbi
    on behalf of Lady/Tobi/Buffy
    http://www.cutefamilypets.com
    a great site for all animal-lovers!
    Has your pet been featured yet?

Presa!!

Hi FaceRita,

I have a purebreed Rott as well and a Rott/Shepard. They are the sweetest dogs around.

One of my friends has a presa as well....he is the biggest, sweetest dog around too!!! Big baby that one. He thinks he's a lap dog.

Everyone's reaction to me when I tell them I have a rott is:

"Oh my those dogs are visous!!!"

I tell them no they are not, its just in how you raise your dog. My saying is "There are no BAD dogs....just BAD owners".

Its all just in the media!!!!!! I have a pic (if I can find it) with my rott/Shepard eating and a 6mth old baby sticking her hand in the bowl....Deisel just ate around her hand. My dogs are very good with children. Phoebe is very protective of babies!!

Hi turner, i just commented on your rotts pic on a different thread, she is such a dumplin. i think thats great your friend has a presa too i would love to see it's pics if she has any, did you say it is a boy?

Hi FaceRita,

Ya he is a boy "Ditto" is his name. He's a darlin'. Today when I got home and went out too see Deisel & Phoebe, oh my you would think I had left them for months.

They are always sooooo excited too see my husband and I when we get home. Deisel has a nasty habit of leaping on you (doesn't realize how big he really is) and he almost knocks ya down. He's not as bad as he use to be. We are trying to get that out of him.

Phoebe just jumps straight up in the air (tigger is the nick name we gave her) and wines.

They are too funny, don't know what or where I would find the entertainment if I didn't have my dogs. JUST LIKE KIDS THEY ARE INDEED!!!!!! LOL!!!

My dogs are the same way, great entertainment. i could sit and watch them play all nite long, Senorita makes noises i have never heard out of a dog before i love them!

Chihuahuas

We have two pure bred long-haired chihuahuas. Chihuahuas often get a bad rap too. Many people believe that they are ankle biters, yappers and quite mean. I know I always thought that too. Ricky and Lucy Tu are exposed to people on a regular basis. We take them to RV Rallies, Camping World, Home Depot and truck stops. Anywhere that there will be people and dogs are allowed. Because of this they are used to people coming up to them. You are more likely to be licked to death by these two than ever bitten.
    Attached Images Attached Images