Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calm Down Time.

Calm Down Time.

What is going on with people? It seems like every thread I am viewing this month is either heated or just people not caring much about what there typing. I even try to avoid some of the heated threads and find myself into another. Can we have another virtual deep breath. I know I am not the only one to feel this way, I would really love to stay on pt, but it seems kind of impossible at this point. BREATH. Ok I am done.

Probably taking up space for this thread but ok I feel better.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Oh I agree, lets start a happy thought.

How about what I am looking forward to. I will start.

I am looking forward to spring and planting my garden.

I have developed a tendency of not opening a thread once it has reached three pages usually, because the odds are that it is going to be a melee.

I think allowing a certain amount of debate is a good thing, but... yeah.

What are you planting, Marigold? I want to order some fancy brown iris bulbs online and plant them, but I am not totally sure yet. Don't have as much time to garden as I usually do, but I want to at least do a few edible items this year. We'll see.

I'll move this to General, where more folks will see it. I think it's the February blahs - but thinking of spring and planting is appealing, even if it's a long way away for those of us in the Northland!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm Guilty

I have to claim responsibilty for losing my temper and typing before thinking. I guess I just got mad at what has transpired here at PT recently with old members leaving and new members being so brash. So yes, I need a time out.

It is Springtime, or soon to be and time for me to spend less time browsing PT and more time on the rock garden plans. Thanks for the fresh thoughts.

Thanks Karen.

It must be that everyone is getting tired of those winter blues, it seems like some months are worse then others with arguments. Every community has problems, but sometimes it's nice to have news flash!
    T.j (english setter)

Lots of snow here....but I want to plant Sweet Peas on my condo balcony again this year - except in the SUN, not the shade!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

That's why I mostly lurk now. So sick of the drama. And, I'm looking forward to Dasher's first trip to Petco! This weekend ends his six week calm period after being treated for heartworms. I'm looking forward to him leading more of a normal dog's life now. He's really become a lot happier.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Quote Originally Posted by dukedogsmom
    That's why I mostly lurk now. So sick of the drama. And, I'm looking forward to Dasher's first trip to Petco! This weekend ends his six week calm period after being treated for heartworms. I'm looking forward to him leading more of a normal dog's life now. He's really become a lot happier.
    Oh my, heartworm?

I am glad he is on the road to recovery. After heartworm treatments, don't you have to stay on a maintenance dose for life?

That's why I spend more time on Africam than I do on Pet Talk.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Sounds like fun! Make sure to take pictures, I am going to have a good weekend too, I get to meet Binka_nugget and Zoey has another agility trial! Hopefully it won't be to cold in the barn.

I am hoping to start a fruit and veggie garden this spring. Zoey ends up eating all of them before I am able to pick them though!
    T.j (english setter)

Back to the thread.

I am wanting to plant some annuals in my garden, but it is in the full sun and most of the bright, colorful ones I have tried recently didn't do well.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Flatcoatluver
    Sounds like fun! Make sure to take pictures, I am going to have a good weekend too, I get to meet Binka_nugget and Zoey has another agility trial! Hopefully it won't be to cold in the barn.

I am hoping to start a fruit and veggie garden this spring. Zoey ends up eating all of them before I am able to pick them though!
    I will. I got some cute ones today of him with his finished water bowl I painted. And it sounds like you're going to have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DIANESDOGS
    Oh my, heartworm?

I am glad he is on the road to recovery. After heartworm treatments, don't you have to stay on a maintenance dose for life?
    He's on the normal monthly heartworm medication now. I find out in July if they're completely gone. I honestly think they are because he's so much more playful and energetic.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I will. I got some cute ones today of him with his finished water bowl I painted. And it sounds like you're going to have fun.

He's on the normal monthly heartworm medication now. I find out in July if they're completely gone. I honestly think they are because he's so much more playful and energetic.
    I have been thinking of you and Dasher and hoped he was doing well, so glad he is feeling good.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by DIANESDOGS
    Oh my, heartworm?

If the heartworm is treated properly and tests negative in the end, then there is no 'maintainance dose' needed other than the normal heartworm preventatives all dogs need (ie heartgard, tri heart, interceptor etc).

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022