42 62.69%
  • no

6 8.96%
  • only on t.v.

25 37.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Animal Cruelity

I have unfortunately. My uncle beat his dog so bad it busted his ear drums and he ended up deaf. Needless to say after my aunt called my mom and told her she took Sammy from them and he became ours. Sammy was a great dog and loved Marissa. He was a Shih-tzu. We had to put him to sleep about 6 years ago.
    Michelle

Yes, I have, more than I'd ever want to see again. Long stories though...one guy threw his cat off a second story porch (the cat is mine now..hehe..)..I've known several people that have had dogs "they can't afford to feed" and well-those dogs are no longer with those people. Among a lot of other things.

Sadly it was at least a weekly occurrence for me growing up. Weather it was somewhere in the neighborhood or in my own home.

At least i realized from an early age that it was no way to treat animals.

One of my worst memories is when my bird bit my father and he grabbed the bird and dunked its head in a freshly poured cup of coffee.

I report that sort of stuff whenever i see it now a days. Mostly dogs left in cars in the summer. I moved away from my old neighborhood.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Thank you so much to you and your family! *HUGS*

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSetterGurl
    I remember my old neighbor had a horse name Hugo and was never tooking care of and we told my neighbor to take care of his horse, but he never did and so me and my family took pictures and show it to an animal rescue center got my neighbor arrested for animal curty!

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Yes, and unfortunately it was my father who was the abuser.

*hugs*

Been there, done that.

Glad to be where i am today.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ's Mom
    Yes, and unfortunately it was my father who was the abuser.

Yes.

Running a very small, private reptile rescue of sorts especially. Often in the form of severe neglect, but not always.

Also a lot in other ways, including volunteering with shelters.

I saw a small boy hitting a snake with a stick in a state park. I told him that he was breaking the law and could get thrown in jail. His parents hurried over and rescued him from the awful scary stranger, and the snake got away.

Love, Columbine

I have with my ex/his dog and Duke. Also the dog Chance I rescued a few years ago. Someone poured acid down his back. And I have to hear about it at work, which I don't like.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Unfortinatly more often then not. People around where I live are very close minded when it comes to animal care. Cats are disposable and dogs are to be chained in the backyard.

I'm often mocked and made fun of because I show dogs and keep the trunk of my car constantly stocked with leashes, collars, dog food, cat food, water, bowls, crates, toys, etc.

The worst case of animal abuse I've ever witnessed was when I was young I saw a man cut open a living dog's belly, remove her unborn pups and leave her to die. I was very young, but remember it vividly. It was the most terrifying thing I'd ever seen.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

sadly i have

i have witnessed animal cruelity a couple of days ago... i saw this man hitting, kicking, yelling, and screaming at this dog... then he left him outside... i took her and gave her to some animal shelter
    *_* I LOVE PUPPIES ^_^

Oh yes, both the actual deed and the effects afterwards. A few years ago, a friend and I cared for neglected ponies abandoned in a field near my house. They were filthy, had ringworm, and the stallion's headcollar was too tight and we had to cut it off. We fed them with whatever vegetables we could find in the house, not ideal of course but the field they were in was so muddy that there was little grass for them, and grass alone is not sufficient. We had to take them buckets of water twice a day and remove a broken bathtub from their field. It was awful. People called the RSPCA, but somehow the owner must have caught wind of it, so when the RSPCA did arrive, the ponies had gone.

I've seen people hitting and kicking dogs in the park next to my house and people using harsh training collars the wrong way on tiny puppies. I've seen people aiming BB guns at birds and wildlife, injuring them, then stepping on them. I've also seen a child abusing her pony, and when offering to help I was told to get stuffed. These people just make my blood boil.

And of course, by volunteering at an RSPCA shelter, I see what cruelty results in every week. The personalities of the abused pets comes out differently in different individuals - fear, aggression, or just that sorrowful look. Some look tatty and battered, some come in missing toes or ears. It really is heartbreaking.

Zimbabwe 07/13