• no

6 8.96%
  • only on t.v.

25 37.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animal Cruelity

Animal Cruelity

Has anybody on Pet Talk witness animal cruelity??
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

A couple years ago, I came outside. One of my friends told me that a boy on my block was trying to hit a bird with a broken wing with a bat I went over to that boy and said "If you hurt another animal again, I swear I will hurt you." I threatened him cuz I was sooo mad Later that day, I saw him trying to hurt a baby bunny. I walk up to him and slapped him across the face. After that he never bothered another animal again. YAY
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

Quote Originally Posted by KittyGurl
    A couple years ago, I came outside. One of my friends told me that a boy on my block was trying to hit a bird with a broken wing with a bat I went over to that boy and said "If you hurt another animal again, I swear I will hurt you." I threatened him cuz I was sooo mad Later that day, I saw him trying to hurt a baby bunny. I walk up to him and slapped him across the face. After that he never bothered another animal again. YAY
    thats sad, most serial killers grow up hurting animals, but at least you set him straight! (but didn't you get in trouble? )

i've not witnessed animal cruelty except for on tv.(animal precient ( i think i spelled it wrong )

Unfortunately more times then I can count. The worst case was when I lived in Moncton, NB when I was about 10yrs old. There was a man that lived behind us that had two Shepherd crosses. He would go out on a daily basis and beat them with a two by four. He would starve them and kick them. These dogs had such bad ijuries that sometimes they could barely move. No one ever did or said anything to the man. I felt so bad for them that I would sit next to the fence with any food I could find and just talk to them and toss the food to them. Took several months before tehy would come near the fence and even longer before I could reach through and pet them. But I ended up being able to do it. Sadly one day they got out and attacked some kids. The owner was chasing them up the street when I came around ht ecorner and caught them. They had no problem sitting and wagging their tail for me. But because they had badly biten the kids they were taken away and put down. I was not sad to see them taken away from him. I was sad that they had to be put down. But now I understand that it was the only way for these two after what they had done to the children. They just were not safe.
    Nicole

horse

I remember my old neighbor had a horse name Hugo and was never tooking care of and we told my neighbor to take care of his horse, but he never did and so me and my family took pictures and show it to an animal rescue center got my neighbor arrested for animal curty!
    ~Im a showjumper, an animal lover, a sister, and a great friend and the reason for who I am is because of the great people around me.~

*Rest In Peace Blossum*

luckily only on tv

Niņo & Eliza

When I was little I saw my grandmother hit my aunt's doxie with its tie out chain. No kidding the dog was aggressive. My aunt still doesn't believe me to this day, because her mom "would never do such a thing" even though my grandma admits that as a kid her father told her to get rid of the puppies their dog had by drowning them and she did just that. Fortunately my grandma has matured and is now very educated about animals.

I also witnessed a neighbor hit his dog with a shovel. I called the police, but since I was only a kid they took his word for it when they asked him. I heard the dog died after being thrown.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by KittyGurl
    Good for you! I don't remember witnessing animal cruelty in person, I'd kill anyone who did I once saw some awful pictures of animals after they were tested with products though It was awful and I remember it so well in my mind.

I saw my druggie neighbors daughter throw one of her little dogs over the porch railing like a football.The dog was ok. I reported it, but before anything could be done, she was in jail for something else.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I see it all the time...just last week when I took Dozer in to be neutered, a lady was sitting with her dog and the dog tried to go sniff another dog. The lady smacked the dog repeatedly and said "i am so sick of you today". I saw a lot growning up too. It is said how people are to their animals and just animals in general.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Thank goodness, no I haven't. I've only witnessed animal cruelty on tv, (Animal Precient, Animal Cops Detroit...)

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

12. Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy
    luckily only on tv
    Same here

I see it almost every day at work. Dogs who come in matted, so skinny that you can see their bones and feel their hips. Unsocialized and just plain not loved. Then there are the ones you can just tell aren't taken care of and the people just don't care at all about. They just shove them in the backyard or shove them off to the side. Also little braty kids in the pet stores. I also sadly worked in a pet store and I couldnt tell you how much cruelty went on there. And then there is just those evryday people I see that are cruel.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

loads on tv

and a kid punched my moms friends dog in the nose wich i see that as cruel
    and a man at the park kicked and then hit his dog with a walking stick
    A pet is for life not for christmas

If you BUY you give an animal a home, if you ADOPT/REHOME you give an animal a life

When i was a kid, my brother's friend Bobby was the meanest to animals, but he had a pet iguana that he liked so much he kissed it. The iguana bit him and his lip swelled up. I feel it was retaliation for all the mean things he did to animals.
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.
    http://cocoakitty.net