Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farewell, my fine feathered friends

Farewell, my fine feathered friends

Who used to say that???

That line just popped into my head as I began to type... and it seems as if it is from something in the past - a TV show or something???

Oh well, anyways I wanted to say Goodbye. Nothing long - No parting shots, just a sincere farewell to the many, many good folks at PT. Times have changed (that's just life) and many of the folks I used to interact with (DaisynDeliahGiniDorothyGingermomIniSmokeyMugsyPem broke and many many others) don't post as much as they used to. I am sure there are many more that I am missing, but I don't want to go on and on.

I wanted do a special thank you to 4 Dog Mother - as the first person to respond to me and to graciously extend her and PT's hospitality. I also want to thank both Paul and Karen for creating PT and inviting us all here. I also wanted to make mention of one recent blanket comment about we men - Lady's Human and I have always been on the opposite spectrum of all issues from the war, to economics and politics. We rarely agreed on anything. Yet, I never ever found LH to be less than articlate and informed. In all of our online debates, I never once felt threatened or in any way attacked by his commentary and/or opinions. I mention this because as different as we were (or are), we obviously share common values as Americans - and never really had to substantiate or validate that obvious connection. I think if he were my neighbor, we would be "good friends". I think that says something about the "men", their level of maturity and sense of security that you have here on PT.

"SORRY IF I AM GETTING YOU IN TROUBLE LH"

I was deleting any and all of my past posts/threads, as my Mother always told me to clean up after myself. But Karen asked me to stop - as it would make the threads confusing to others - and as usual, she is right!!! LOL!

So sorry if I messed up any, but I won't be editing or deleting anymore. So so long and see you around the Internet sometime!!!

Are you looking for attention?
    Maybe you are just taking a break from PT like I did....
    We all know you will be back.
    I did.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Nicely put. Farewell, Bob's Dad!

I've always liked this and wanted to share it, as it seemed appropriate.

"May the road rise up to meet you
    May the wind be always at your back
    May the sun shine warm upon your face
    May the rains fall soft upon your fields
    And until we meet again
    May God hold you in the palm of His Hand"
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I really hop e that this is just a needed break, because I will sur emiss you and your gang.......I loved the many faces of Bob as he grew and all the pics you posted of him an Ginger........

I loved and admired your work as restorating pic........awesome job!!

hope to see you around soon, if you need anything you can always count on me on PT or off PT.........take care and at least visit every once ina while ok?

((hugs to the pooches and humans))
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I'm upset about this thread. I hope you're not leaving because of the joke you made the other day and several people's reactions to it.

I will miss seeing photo's of Bob & Ginger.

Give them a big smooch for me, won't you?

I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I am also hoping this is just a break, as I would certainly miss you around here. I'm not sure if something happened, but I have always enjoyed your posts. (Not to mention that male perspective that we rarely get around here - even though we always say we don't want it ). Keep in touch if you can, you will be missed!

Generally, I am usually not the one to chime in and say, "what? Please stay!", but, with you, Bobsdad, I am completely baffled. What happened? Why are you leaving? Why did you see the need to post this? There must be more to the story...what's up?

?????

I have never before responded to an "I'm leaving" thread, but what is going on here? You are needed. You have to stay. Please talk to us.

I have always enjoyed your posts Bobsdad hope you come back.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I have always enjoyed your posts Bobsdad hope you come back.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I will miss you also, please drop in and say Hello! I truly loved reading all your posts. Don't be a stranger!

Kym
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

I am very sad that you feel you have to leave! Please drop in once in a while, and let know how things are!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by Killearn Kitties
    I have never before responded to an "I'm leaving" thread, but what is going on here?
    I'm wondering too.

Although I don't go much to the Dog Forums, I have read your posts and seen your lovely pictures - I will miss that! We DO need another PS freak here so please reconsider, or at least check in from time to time! If you don't, I wish you all the best!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

BOBSDAD - I always looked forward to your posts, as they always provided such a fair viewpoint.

"If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you...
    ...you'll be a man, my son."

Thanks to a man with whom I was privileged to be acquainted.

Candace
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom
    Are you looking for attention?
    Maybe you are just taking a break from PT like I did....
    We all know you will be back.
    I did.
    We have all taken breaks. Some did with a farewell thread and some did not. Some come back and some don't. I hope you find happiness.