Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know three dogs who are going to bed without dinner...

I know three dogs who are going to bed without dinner...

This has been my wonderful day so far.

Was about to go to the mall...shopping for myself for once...and I let the dogs out while I was putting on some jeans. I went to go let the dogs in, and 3 were missing. Hmm, wherever could they be??? Oh, they dog underneath a thornbush into my back neighbor's yard, the people I don't know. Zoie came back over...good girl! And then Boomer tried to fit through, and he was TOO FAT to get back through the hole. Star was over there too-of course she isn't going to come to me, nuh uh no way. So I try digging the hole bigger for Boomer, and hope that Star will follow. No luck, it is under a huge thornbush, I just can't shovel it right. Decide to go to the neighbors house, who I've never met, and get the dogs that way. No luck there, they weren't home and both of their gates are TIED shut and bolted. Great. Now what do I do??

Think...think...hmm. I guess I should dig another hole along the fence to be able to make it big enough for Boomer.That would have worked, except it is double fenced, and the fence on the other side is about 6 inches away from mine, and about 6 inches deeper, I can't reach the soil in the right way to keep digging. The only spot it isn't like that is where the original hole was, underneath the thorn bush. I tried digging in like 3 different spots, no luck.

So now....what is there left to try? I decide to hack down the thornbush. Great idea, right? Well, I can't find any shears! The only thing I have is a hacksaw. By this time, it is 80 degrees out, and I am trying to cut through this big bush with a puny little hacksaw. So I go for the chainsaw. I realized I don't have enough extension cord, go back in the house, and try and figure out how to work the dang thing without cutting my leg off. At this point, Star starts barking...I say SHUT UP STAR. And realize she is finally back over to our side on her own. So I know Boomer is distraught because he is the only one left, and he's trying to get under but like I said, he's too fat. So I climb under this thornbush, grab his legs and head and puulllll him out.

So, there are three dogs, named Zoie, Boomer, and Star who are going to bed without dinner tonight. I'm now going to have to take a shower before I go to the mall, because I was outside in 80 degree weather for about an hour and a half.

Though I would share my interesting day. I'll probably take some pictures later.

That sure made for an interesting story...lol...sorry about your day, but after your shower and a trip to the mail, I'm sure you'll reconsider dinner for the dogs.

OMG!! I am sorry you had to deal with this, but gosh it pretty funny, especially of the mental image i got of you and boomer fighting with the bush and the fence!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Whew... Bad doggies!
    On my way back from the mall I'd run by Home Depot and get some chicken wire to install behind the bushes to avoid that little mishap again.
    If you weren't able to get big boomer out, probably a call to the fire dept. might have been in order.
    Glad they and you are ok!

ROFLMBO!!!! I am sorry to laugh- but man- you realllllly tried there! I have to give you credit for such ordeal and can just picture you!!!! YOU GO WOMAN!!

I know three dogs who are going to bed without dinner...

So Now What Was It You Did All Day == Watch TV So funny & I am still laughing.. Poor Babies & of course Poor DoggieMom.. Great story thanks

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Now hun you know this is coming..........................
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    okies i feel better? and just think no need to join a gym!

hugs to you and YOU # STOP ANNOYING MOM!!!! shopping trips are sacred!

p.s.
    how bout they get dinner but absolutley no treats today.....not even one from the mall! c'mon mommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, they really didn't mean to be nawtee....
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

ROFLMAO!!! Gave me MY laugh for the day! Hehehehehehe.
    I liked the part where you were concentrating on just how to get
    Boomer through that hole and say "SHUT UP STAR" and she was right there. .........wonder what was so appealing in the new neighbors yard.
    I would go over there tonight with a "welcome to the neighborhood pie" and sorry about the hole.

LOL the dogs did get their dinner...and we BBQ'd sooo they got some green beans and some steak mixed in too.... They were just sooo apologetic. Boomer says he was just going over for a quick peak, and was gunna come right back over but he was a little too tubby. Star claims she was in the yard the whole time and had nothing to do with it.

The hole(s) (including the ones I created) are patched up now, so hopefully no more jail breaks. I know they did this to me because I was leaving to shop for myself-do they ever misbehave when I go to Petsmart? Noooo....of course not.

And I have to laugh because the pool guy came in about 10 minutes afterward-imagine if he had seen me underneath the bush trying to pull my dog through the fence?!?! Hahaha. I did get to the mall though.

We used to have a lot of problems with the other neighbor, who has a dog too, so we are pretty good at dog proofing the fence by now.

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    hehehehehehehehehehehe.
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

What the heck did you do to deserve 80 degree weather, anyway?

Can we borrow about 20 of those degrees?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human
    What the heck did you do to deserve 80 degree weather, anyway?

Can we borrow about 20 of those degrees?
    OK let her in on the truth so she won't feel so bad, it was 76 in St. Pete & we're a couple degrees cooler across the bay So the temp was probably 78 or 79

Now as for the dogs ha ha ha ha ha
    I know it wasn't funny for you at the time, but now you can look back on it & laugh. When I had my 3 I had my share of days.
    I HAVE BEEN FROSTED !!!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/tpc/ERA_110806_ARS

Click daily

Quote Originally Posted by areias
    And I have to laugh because the pool guy came in about 10 minutes afterward-imagine if he had seen me underneath the bush trying to pull my dog through the fence?!?!
    LOL!!! If that would have happened, I would have paid him to take pictures!

Glad you still got to the mall!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I know three dogs who are going to bed without dinner

Darn I sure wish we could have got pictures of all.. I can just picture all of this mischief.. I am still laughing..
    Quote Originally Posted by pitc9
    LOL!!! If that would have happened, I would have paid him to take pictures!

Glad you still got to the mall!!

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I didn't laugh at all ................not once .........honest
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk