57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 40.35%
  • No

12 21.05%
  • Some of them do(please list0

22 38.60%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are any of your fur,fin,scale,or feather kids names unique?

I have a few unique names in this house.
    I've never met any other dogs named Nacey
    We also have a ball python named "OneDay".

I'd probably consider Bitsy, Nova, Raisin, Sundae, Split, and Flutters to be "less common" names rather than unique names. The rest are all pretty common names.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangutango
    Morgan is somewhat common. In the year we've had her, I've met about 6 other dogs named Morgan. Tango is somewhat common. I've met quite a few dogs with her name, all were male though.
    One of my best friends has a female chow mix named Tango and a chihuahua named Morgan! I don't think I've ever told you that before.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Vita is Italian, meaning "life." When I got her from the shelter, they were just about to shut down adoptions do to n infection break out. They knew i'd been considering her and called me at work, as she wasn't showing any symptoms yet. I raced out of work and brought her back with me. All the other kitties there died from the infection. vita never showed any symptoms or problems.

Amber is usually a female's name. I haven't met other males. (Mr. Amber Cat - thought the kitten was a girl until I got in to the vet's; turned out to be a neutered male).

Sparkle is more common than I realized when I named her.
    Chestnut, Ruffles, Crystal, Cuddles and even Dazzle are all common. As are Ebony and Sugar.

I've never met another dog named Kai in person.. but I've come across a couple online. It's not that unique but not common either.

I've never come across another Kaedyn though... probably cause I made up the name by playing with the word "Cajun".

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

probably (besides Tigger)
    I wouldn't name a pet a common name now. I have seen (but not met) a few Niños on breeders websites, Oslo is named after the Capitol of Norway and I have yet to hear of another pet who shared the name. Nuria is Spanish for God's Fire or something like that and I've never heard any pets with her name. Terrence is not a rare or unique human name but it's uncommon in pets.

Niño & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by binka_nugget
    I've never met another dog named Kai in person.. but I've come across a couple online. It's not that unique but not common either.

I've never come across another Kaedyn though... probably cause I made up the name by playing with the word "Cajun".
    My Uncle Jake had a German Shepherd named Kai - it was actually short for Kaiser Wilhem, though, so maybe that doesn't count! I never got to pet him, as he was a guard dog before he was my uncle's, and didn't like little kids. Uncle Jake didn't want to take the chance that I'd go to hug Kai and get bitten! (The one scar on my face is from when I hugged a neighborhood dog that thought I was strangling him, so chomped my lip and I let go. I was just stunned,, more than hurt, I was probably four, and remember my mother very calmly explaining, as she bandaged my lip, that some dogs are just not "hugging dogs" and I should always ask before doing so.)
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by binka_nugget
    My friend's Lab is named Kaedyn, although she spells it Kadon

i think my pride and joy has a unique name...heres my Ball Python, Jada Pirie

Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

I think Nebo and Keva are unique names. I've groomed two other dogs named Nebo (a husky and a shih tzu), in Utah, I've never seen another Nebo online. I haven't met another dog named Keva yet, some online, but spelled Keeva instead. I will only name my dogs unique names, just a personal preference, but I also prefer them to be short/easy to pronounce names so maybe they are not as unique as they could be, but enough for me.

Sydney is somewhat unique, for a dog at least, its more common as a human name. I've met a few other dogs named Sydney.

Hmmm, some of my animals do. I've never heard of another dog named Rainy. We named her that because we found her in a pretty bad rainstorm and have had her ever since. I have a cat named Henry, and I rarely hear that name for a cat And we did have a cat named Nikka, sadly she passed away from cancer a while back.

To be honest I revere unique names. Unfortunately I don't have the choice of naming the animals that we come across because three other people need to agree A pasttime of mine is actually going online and looking up Japanese, Irish, African, heck ANY names online and finding their meanings. A favortie I came across is Japanese, Kyoko, meaning a mirror. I'm using that name for the main character in a book I hope(but probably won't happen) to get published someday.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q
    I think Nebo and Keva are unique names. I've groomed two other dogs named Nebo (a husky and a shih tzu), in Utah, I've never seen another Nebo online. I haven't met another dog named Keva yet, some online, but spelled Keeva instead. I will only name my dogs unique names, just a personal preference, but I also prefer them to be short/easy to pronounce names so maybe they are not as unique as they could be, but enough for me.

Sydney is somewhat unique, for a dog at least, its more common as a human name. I've met a few other dogs named Sydney.
    I've never met any dogs named Nebo or Keva either, but I did want to tell you that I saw a Nebo Street the other day! I thought of your cute Nebo of course.

Jasper unfortunately is pretty common, but it just fit him too perfectly not to use it.

Keisha came with her name, and I have met/seen online a TON of other dogs name Kisha, Keesha, etc. I don't actually like the name at all, but... oh, well.

I have never met or heard of another dog (or animal) named Cadet. I am sure there have been some, but I think it is a pretty unique name.

My animals usually have pretty unique names, it is actually pretty uncommon to catch me with TWO pets with common names.

As for the others... I think all my snakes have pretty unusual names, too. Anyone else know any snakes named Kitten, Oedipus, Rex, Ruth, Venna, Kokopelli, Mercy... the list goes on, but none of them are any I consider more or less common than that.

Zoey is a pretty common name, but I love it. I have never met any dog's named T.j, but it's not really unique. My fish are fairly uncommon (Jedi, Salt, River, and Cal), ducks are pretty popular (Waddles, Puddles, and Quackers), and the cat's names are not very popular, (Kendy, Keshaw, Kasey)
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Lets see-Nitis is unique, and Uno. I've never seen another dog named Sprinkles or Triskit. I believe Whino is unique (this is not a reference to drinking). And Novie is. And Jaws. I don't know how common our cat Aza's name is. Everybody else's is pretty common. I try to name my animals unique names.

Chloe definiatly is not a unique name..i guess Malakai is a unique name, at least around me, ive never met another malakai.

some of them:

Perky I dont hear often
    Toivo I have never heard before
    Happy I have never heard for a female before
    Kari isnt common
    Electra I have never heard before

the common and semi common names in my house:
    Checkers
    Puddin
    Ripley
    Misty
    Blair
    Kodiak
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils