Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Queen & Tank Buddies in the new 55 Gallon! *Updated* Queen had babies!

Yes, they really are pretty... And let's hope that none of your fish die from choking

What a great tank setup! I really enjoyes seeing the "before" and "after;" I bet there was a few hours work in between those 2 photos, ha ha.

I have blue gravel also, with a little white mixed in for variety.

Thanks for posting all these photos, and I am SO glad those 2 fishies have names now!

Hey Kalei your tank looks great~! i'm soo happy that your fish are doing well too! thank you soo much for the tank aswell, and helping me set it up. I love queen and she'll look beautiful if she does turn all white! she'll look loverly! i'm very happy for you.

*~Becky~*

Thanks so much Beki!

And Freedom, you're right, that tank took me from 6:30 til 10:00 to be completely done. Lots of work, and filling it up took about 45 minutes itself lol. That's alot of water.

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

they are so cute i want some more fish now i did have two gold fish called boo and zino but sadly died of white spots
    A pet is for life not for christmas

If you BUY you give an animal a home, if you ADOPT/REHOME you give an animal a life

Quote Originally Posted by sprokett
    they are so cute i want some more fish now i did have two gold fish called boo and zino but sadly died of white spots
    Oh, that's not good at all. I think my father just had that problem with his tropical fish, it was either white spots or ick, one of them anyways. Most of his died even though he was treating them, now there is only 1 guarami left, 1 tiger barb, and 1 pleco.

Kalei

Kaleii --

What a wonderful tank you have there! And i'm sure queen will be very happy moving the pebbles around the tank

Also, how are the little froggies doing? I'd love to see more pictures of the little guys

Me too I ALMOST forgot about them! Are you fattining them up?

Hey everyone, I'm really sad to say that both of the froggies died a just a day or two ago. I have no idea what went wrong (except the fact that wal-mart doesn't know how to look after them) but I fed them right and everything. One died sunk to the bottom with fungus growing on him, and the other just was floating dead.

I dont' think I'm going to bother with anymore smaller fish or frogs right now, have to look after my big tank, and also I am trying to raise Queen's babies. She had thousands of eggs a few days ago and I searched alot on how to raise goldfish from eggs, so I'm trying it

Kalei

awww... i'm really sorry to hear about the little froggies -- it sounds like they were already sick when they came from the Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Frog
    awww... i'm really sorry to hear about the little froggies -- it sounds like they were already sick when they came from the Walmart
    Yes, it does. They were all really skinny and kind of sickly looking. Thanks so much for caring Wish my good luck with the baby goldfish's. They should be hatching today or tomorrow I'm very excited

Queen usually has eggs a few days, once every six months.

Kalei

That's awesome! Are they Seaking's kiddies???

Good luck with the fry. Do you know who the daddy is?
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452
    Good luck with the fry. Do you know who the daddy is?
    yay! A bunch of them have hatched! And I have so many plants in my 55 gallon and there is so many hundreds or thousands of eggs that I can't save even half of them. But I have a lot hatching in my other tank that I have a lot of plants with eggs on them in.

so far I keep looking into the 55 gallon and whenever I see a helpless little baby swimming around, I scoop it up gently with a cup and transfer it over to the baby tank. So far I've saved 7 from the big tank And I put liquid baby food in for them, a few of them are eating it. But alot of them are just laying around too, I'm guessing because they are tired out from hatching.

Well as to answer both of your questions, I believe the father is most likely Duke or Sir Knight. they both have tubercles on their gills, but so far I can't find any tubercles on SeaKing. So SeaKing might be a girl? I'm not sure. SeaKing has never layed eggs before so it could still be a male.

Oh and I had a question too...how warm should the tank be kept for the babies? I have a light on all the time to keep the water at a nice temperature for them. I read that baby goldfish survive better in slightly warmer weather. Is there any temp it should be? Thanks for the help!

Kalei

Ok here are a list of web sites:

http://www.aquariumfish.net/catalog_...oldfish_p2.htm
    I donno if this one will help but it won't hurt to check it out your self
    Goldfish will eat their own eggs I found this on that page so.... UH OH!! lol

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/univ...viewid376.html
    I think this one will be pretty helpful((look around the bottom of the artical for the most helpful info))

http://www.goldfishinfo.com/spawn.htm
    I think this may be the most helpful, for it tells who what to feed them when their how old

http://www.practical-pet-care.com/fi...06100711234621
    I think this may be helpful

http://www.petfish.net/kb/entry/104/
    This is mainly for care of adult goldfish, but you should be able to find care about baby gold fish in the last three paragraphs, but mainly the last one

Good luck and hope this helps!! Keep us up dated!!

-Leah