Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feel like im fighting a downhill battle *Update 2-19\num 2*

I have some Clinicare liquid in cans I can send you. They might like that??

Oh gosh this is just too sad. Prayers on the way that this precious little one can make it through this.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

How's the kitten doing? I sure hope that she's still thriving as well as her 2 sisters.

Not sure how...

She is still clinging to life. To put it bluntly, she just dont want to die. Thats both good and bad I suppose. I hope in the end all this suffering does not end up in a bad way. I took her to the vet, he gave her a quick look, some Sub-Q fluids and said she can survive on as litte as 6-8 drops of food every 2 hrs. I have another syringe of fluids to give her in the morning. I really dont know though. I think its her kidneys. Her tummy seems pretty round considering how little she has consumed. Im not sure if she is peeing or not. I get nothing when I stimulate her, but she is with her mom and she does that also. Only time will tell.... She is such a fighter.

The other 2 are doing quite well minus the eye infection. I got some eye cream for that today. Im sure them two will be ok.

If she does have damage to her kidneys, is there any hope to recover? I know some of you know more about that stuff.
    Emily with Snow, Cowgirl, and Chunky

I've had kittens and cats recover from states that I thought were impossible and some fade over what seemed like nothing.... It is so hard to tell. In the end I think we humans do our best and let Nature/God/Goddess/Bast decide. You, momma-kitty and the little one have certainly tried hard. I hope it ends with a healthy kitten, but whatever happens, remember you did your best and gave loving care.

Good wishes for you all!

This is so sad. I'm also sad that I can't offer up anything except my prayers for you and for this precious baby you are trying to help. God bless you.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Bless you for bringing her to the vet and doing everything possible to keep this little one going.
    Come on sweetheart, you just HAVE to get better.

I know there have been quite a few widdle kitties that have been on death's door and have survived from the love, care and devotion the person put into it, just like you are doing. I'm praying very hard that your efforts have the same positive outcome.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
    Last edited by rg_girlca; 02-19-2007 at 09:01 PM.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Just keep doing what you're doing, which is your best. That's all you can do. Be sure to tell her while you're holding her to feed her that she's healing and getting better and better every day. Those healing words will take effect.

Blessings,
    Mary

Update #2

Well its official. She is NOT urinating. Even with my completely untrained fingers I can feel her bladder. Its HUGE. I stimulated her in many ways and even put her bottom under a warm trickle of water and stimulated her. I put her back with a wet but so mom is licking her like crazy too.

Why would she not pee with a full bladder, anyone know about this?? My sad guess is if she dont go it may rupture? *sigh* I wish I could do something. I rubbed her tummy with gentle pressure (not too much to possibly make it rupture..) Nothing will work.

I would be afraid if she don't get some urgent care, you are going to loose her.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh, the poor thing!! I hope someone know how to express the bladder, as I do not. SIGH!!! Poor girl! Can the vet tell you how to do it or what can be done in this situation??

I dont know what can be done. There is no way I can go to urgent care or I would have had her to the vet over the weekend. There just isnt a way.

ALL vets have an after hours emergence number. PLEASE call hon! If you need emerg care, we can chip in on it!

We'll pay for the taxi - she is blocked sweetie!

DOES ANYONE HERE LIVE NEAR EMILY??????
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm heartsick over this little kitty, who fought her URI so bravely.

I hope it is a mucus plug that will pass...or that Emily can get a ride and find help...

OMG...even if Emily knew how to use a catheter, what would be small enough that she would have at home?

And she is offline now...PT Prayers are all that is left.

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so sorry to hear this. You can at least call the ER and ask them what you can do. They'll usually tell you what to do over the phone. I hope you'll be able to find a way to express her bladder. Poor little girl.

Here's a website that shows you how to express a dog or cats bladder:expressing a bladder. I'm sure it will be similar in a kitten. Good luck.