Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: URGENT situation with Kt_luvs_kitties and the outside cats!!update 2/19 NEW PICS

URGENT situation with Kt_luvs_kitties and the outside cats!!update 2/19 NEW PICS

If you don't know what is going on, here is Katie's thread to explain....
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=121303

Katie had three of the four cats in her spare bedroom and her husband got upset about them and let them all outside again. So now they are in danger again of either getting shot again or poisoned by a neighbor and the lady that these cats belong to is moving on the 6th. katie spent over an hour trying to find the cats again and found Amos but not the tabby or Andy. She is so upset over this and doesn't know what to do. Her husband feels that she is interfering with the lady and her cats and doesn't think Katie should get involved and that is why he let them out. Katie doesn't feel that way and is desperate to get these cats to a safe place. She is upset with her husband but doesn't need to hear a bunch of negative things about him, that won't help the situation. She needs to all of you to put your heads together and figure something out asap. She doesn't have much time. if you can help by taking one of the cats or maybe have any suggestions. I suggested boarding them at the vet until she could make arrangements for them but she said that was expensive. i don't know what to tell her. Please someone think of something.
    Last edited by doolittleky; 02-19-2007 at 10:45 PM.

First, get rid of the husband. What a jackass. I'm sorry, but that's just uncaring and unfeeling, and he's basically killing the cats himself by doing that.

I wish I lived closer. I don't know what to do for her. I just took in an FIV+ kitty from a woman who took him in from a neighbor who tried to kill herself. The woman was taken away, the house was sold, and the contractor threw the cats outside. So, I have a new boy upstairs, who is absolutely petrified, and if he feels threatened, he pees all over. I just want to hold him and hug him, but he's sooooo frightened. I hope he'll come around and not just shut down. Poor guy, so many bad things in such a short amount of time!

Somehow, some way, we've got to get legislation throughout this country that it is unethical and punishable by law to neglect and harm animals. I doubt that will happen with the Republican'ts in the house, but maybe some day.

It appears that keeping them for even a short time is not an option at this point, since her husband let them out. I would suggest that everyone hold tight, she needs to get things straightened out first with her husband before everyone goes in all directions to try to help.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I've read that other thread and I'm sorry that this has happened. Doesn't she have an outdoor shed close by that she could put them in temporarily. I seem to remember reading something about this from one of her other threads and I think it was about one of these cats that she was trying to rescue.

I wish I was closer as I could put a few Cats in the cellar, until they get a clean bill of health.We are praying that these Cats will be safe, and that that lunatic will not kill them.
    I wish I could do more.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am also praying they'll be safe... and like Gary wish I could do more.

What a horrible situation.

Is anybody thinking of setting up a Paypal account etc to put funds into?

What about if there isn't a shed available, then buying some kind of small shed even if only second hand to house them in in the garden with litter trays and food.
    I will donate some money to cover this and vet fees and I think if everybody else did she could do something to help these cats
    I so wish I was near so I could help

This is just so sad.... I hope it this has a happy ending for those kitties.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'll chip in for vet boarding. That might be the best as any wounds need a going-over.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I told Katie that I am willing to help. Don't be so hard on her husband....he works alot and they have 9 of their own cats, he is probably just tired and doesn't want to see Katie get hurt or in a conflict with the lady. Some people just aren't like we are. It is not his fault, lets go easy on him. I am 14 hours from Katie, maybe we can set up a transport or something. I am willing to help, even if it is only with one or two. Any ideas??

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

What state does kt_luvs_kitties live in?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

North Carolina.

Honestly, I think the best way that Katie could be helped right now is one of two ways. One of the reason Ricky is so upset about the cats is that they are tearing up the extra bedroom( she thinks it is mostly Amos since he doesn't want to stay in the room). Andy and the tabby do fine when they are in there. Also Amos is crying non stop and getting on Ricky's nerves and someone is spraying probably Amos. I think if we could get Katie a big dog cage that she could put Amos in that he wouldn't be able to tear up the carpet and that would settle ricky down somewhat. They rent and that is one reason he is so upset. I was looking on Ebay last night to see if I could find a deal but I am afraid that would take days to get. I think if she had the money to go to say petsmart and get a cage immediately that would be better. Also another option is boarding at the vet she use to work at. the problem with this is she says it is expensive and he requires the money upfront. But I think these two ways would be the best way to help her right now. Then she would have more time to calmly find the best place for these cats and not just give them to anyone. She should be calling me at work sometime this afternoon so I will find out if she found Andy and the tabby or not.
    Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by doolittleky
    I think if we could get Katie a big dog cage that she could put Amos in that he wouldn't be able to tear up the carpet and that would settle ricky down somewhat. They rent and that is one reason he is so upset.
    I have a small dog crate I could send...but its not that big. Big enough for say... a large cocker spaniel? If she's interested. Otherwise look through craigslist...I just got a huge dog crate, collapsible/doubledoors/divider and almost new for $30.

I think that would be tter than nothing at this point. I can pm you Katie's mailing address if you want to go ahead and ship it to her. That would be such a big help.
    Thanks so much
    Melissa