Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Losing weight anyone?

Losing weight anyone?

Was wondering if anyone here made one of there New Years Resolution to get fit or lose weight.If so how is it going?I have been trying since October,2006 and made it my New Years resolution to keep up with it.I got a total of 28 lbs gone so far with another 11 lbs to go before I reach my goal.

Anyone want to share their story and progress?

Felix's Catster Page- http://www.catster.com/?150963

Felix's Website Page- http://www.felinefelix.piczo.com

Beer's Dogster Page- http://www.dogster.com/?168340

I started weight watchers 3 weeks ago and have lost so far 12 pounds. Congrats to you! I have become addicted to soups and saled. How about you? I also started to take more dog training classes. I find the more active I am the less likely I will be bored and eat.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Well i am still battling the bulge,last year for the first time in a while i maintained my weight loss for the whole year, gaining a little now and then but getting it off again, but just before xmas i dunno i fell off the wagon and gained 3 kilos and i am struggling like crazy to get it off, but the good news hubby fixed the treadmill and i am walking a kilometre a day, which is better than nothing, i really want to get to my goal this year, it's a promise i made myself for my 50th birthday present,so far i am not doing very well,so inspire me folks please.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Flatcoatluver
    I started weight watchers 3 weeks ago and have lost so far 12 pounds. Congrats to you! I have become addicted to soups and saled. How about you? I also started to take more dog training classes. I find the more active I am the less likely I will be bored and eat.
    Thanks so very much!Thats great you have 12lbs gone in 3 weeks!Keep up the terrific work.I too love salads and soups I never joined any gyms or programs to lose my weight.I am doing it all on my own.Eating right and exercising.My biggest thing believe it or not was learning how to eat.See before I will skip breakfast & lunch by dinner I was starving and over ate.Then id snack all evening.Now I eat my 3 meals a day plus a snack.I also take a basic mutivitamin.Water,water,water is the key! Good luck with your weightloss.

carole - Hope you get back on the wagon soon...how about NOW?You can do it!!

Felix's Catster Page- http://www.catster.com/?150963

Felix's Website Page- http://www.felinefelix.piczo.com

Beer's Dogster Page- http://www.dogster.com/?168340

Great job everyone... I'm sure it feels good to lose weight.

I started on January 1st, and by January 25th I lost 6 pounds. I've gained 5 back though because I've been eating sweets again. I'm really dissapointed in myself, but once I start eating good again, I know I can lose it all this time. My goal is to lose about 20 pounds.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I am a big snacker at night when I am trying to go to sleep. I always crave the sweets. This time is the harder for me and also the worse time to eat.
    T.j (english setter)

Congratulations All! Dieting is torture. I haven't had to diet in years, just "watch it" but as a teenager, I went to WW and it was awesome. I joined a gym to strengthen my back from surgery and build muscles in my left arm from my broken wrist. Except for getting out of a warm bed, I'm loving it! I do water aerobics 3x a week plus a 2 hour work out. Lost 3% of body fat.

I've been Boooo'd!

Congrats to all! Losing weight is tough. I'm trying to lose 10-15 lbs. I'm no good at resisting sweets, and I have no desire to give up too many foods I love, so I've just been working out more. I've been doing pretty well with it, and I feel much healthier!

Quote Originally Posted by Flatcoatluver
    I started weight watchers 3 weeks ago and have lost so far 12 pounds.
    This is really good to hear. I work with a woman who is in WW and has lost 50 lbs so far. I think I may try it. I'm not doing so well losing weight on my own. That darn scale keeps going the wrong direction! My husband's doctor said he needs to lose 20 lbs., so I need to change our diets. (of course, he's on his own for a couple more months till I move out there with him)

I joined weight watchers 7 weeks ago and I am down 22 lbs. I really needed something to keep me on track and WW is doing it for me. I also found that the several other times I had done WW I had not attended the meetings and this time I stay for the meetings and my leader gives me so much inspiration and information that keeps me going each week.

Congratulations to all of us who have lost a few pounds...and for those of us who need to get back on track....tomorrow is another day to start again.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes
    This is really good to hear. I work with a woman who is in WW and has lost 50 lbs so far. I think I may try it. I'm not doing so well losing weight on my own. That darn scale keeps going the wrong direction! My husband's doctor said he needs to lose 20 lbs., so I need to change our diets. (of course, he's on his own for a couple more months till I move out there with him)
    Thanks, I love weight watchers because they weigh me, I hate weighing myself. There meetings are so wonderful and inspirational.
    T.j (english setter)

Both Bear & I are loosing weight.

I started loosing weight early-mid 2006 (had no $ to buy food..ate once every 3-4 days.. not recommended at all!!)...

Now that I'm 50lbs lighter & eat daily, I'm loosing weight at a normal/healthy pace.

Saddly everyone I know now, never saw the super tubby me. Andrews folks said I needed to go on a diet & join a gym, just like the guys need to
    Gee thanks

Andrews mother is a tinny tiny thing (she fits her frame size just fine).. But I'm built largem I cannot get any smaller then 140p without feeling sick & weak... My body type has a lot of muscle as well, so that adds to my weight.

I'm about 150lbs now, so I'm close to my goal... I just need to loose my gut & thats it IMO. If I can loose more & still feel helthy, then so be it.. but 140lbs is my goal.

Bear's tummy keeps getting more & more giggly lol I just cannot stop flapping it hehehe I soo need to take a video of her giggly tummy, as its just so cute

I started Nutrisystem, and it is working wonders, even with the steriods I am on (which is why i need to lose the weight) I have lost over 13 pounds without being hungry, and my docs all agree that it is nutritionally sound, even with the med issues. Best part?
    CHOCOLATE!!
    Their food is really yummy (which is a huge plus) and I can take my dessert to bed so I feel like i am cheating (who wouldn't eating chocolate candy in bed???)
    I started using it on the 29th of January and its been nearly a month, so I am very happy with the weight loss vs. time frame!

Just my thoughts
    Kym
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Alright, I did it! I joined Weight Watchers this morning. Went to a meeting, very nice people. The woman leading the meeting has lost 174 lbs with WW!!! Now that's encouraging!

YAY good on ya Pam! Lots of LUCK!
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be