Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My adorable "Peacekeeper" is driving me...

My adorable "Peacekeeper" is driving me...

C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!!

The only thing that we can think of, is that he is missing PeaPod. Since he left, Nugget just walks around the house meowing, meowing, meowing, and meowing, almost on a daily basis. It's been a little over a month and a half since PeaPod left. As you know, Nugget took on like a father role with him. Could he still be missing him after all this time?

Anyhoo, here are two pictures. He's lucky he's so adorable.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Awww...poor baby! I bet he DOES miss him!

As we ALL do!

Can you find another wee one to "poof"?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Poor handsome boy! Well that settles it ... you'll just have to get Nugget another baby!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Nugget, with the empty-nest syndrone!! Who'd of thunk it???

LOL!!!! I knew you guys would say something like that.
    I don't think another kitty could ever replace sweet widdle PeaPod though.

I try to distract Nuggy Nou, by playing with him, but that doesn't last long.
    Maybe I will have to arrange visitations rights for him.

Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005

Whoa, I don't remember seeing him before (maybe I was too focused on Peapod). He looks like a cloud! And his eyes are sky blue.

Has he been with you long? Mr. Amber Cat always meaowed this time of year, a neutered male. Maybe?

If he bonded that well with Pea Pod, he is still missing him. I forget how long Chester misses Wally and Marty but it was a long time that he sat in that room and cried and then he would just go in there and sit quietly with the saddest look. I use to cry because he was so sad that it broke my heart. You will have to be careful that he don't bond with anymore that you may bring your house if he falls in love that easily. I learned my lesson with Chester.

It is to heartbreaking seeing them grieve and missing one because they don't understand they have went to a good home and will be OK... All they know is they are gone and they miss them.

Nugget will get over this but it is heartbreaking to see. It does take awhile.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Dumb idea...but would taking Nugget in a carrier to see them be weird?

All I can think of is giving him time and lots of loves, and/or another kitten...

Peacemakers have such sweet and gentle hearts...they crack easily...

Here's one idea...pet communicators often communicate with pictures. I am not psychic...but when you look into Nugget's eyes, picture Peapod as you last saw him, happy in his new house. Allow the picture of the room he is in to appear...let the picture fill your mind while looking at Nugget, and think of the picture as "going" to him.

If he "sees" PeaPod as okay, that might help.

crazy? Maybe. But another excuse to look into those beautiful eyes!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Freedom, here is a link of when I first got Nugget if you would like to read it;
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=103376

Laura, yes Nugget did bond very fast with PeaPod from the first time they met. Nugget was always by him and grooming him. It is heartbreaking and I hope he gets over it soon. I have noticed that today seemed to be a better day. He only meowed around about 4 times today.

Catty1, I was just joking about the visitation rights. I think that would hurt him more to see him and then be taken away from him. I don't know if I would be able to concentrate enough to stare at him and put pictures in my head because, when I do stare into his eyes, he gives this cute little bopping of his head and comes out with the cutest little brrp, brrps that it just melts my heart. Then I lose all focus and have to pet him.

I guess I will just have to try and give him more attention until he gets over it. Poor guy.

Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005

He sure is handsome. I'm sorry to hear that he still misses Pea Pod. Hopefully he'll bond with one of the other cats soon.

Poor Nugget....I hope he feels better soon. Tell him not to be sad and give him a big hug for me!!

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Awwwww poor Nugget.... ! OF COURSE he is missing his little friend!!

I agree that visiting is NO good idea; it is kind of impossible to explain that situation to Nugget... . Give that sweetheart as much hugs and attention as possible, he will accept it one day
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Chester use to stay in that room I kept those boys in and just sit at their cage for hours and watch them. He always stayed nearby to keep a eye on them. He and Wally would go nose to nose like they were kissing each other often. I could tell he had fell in love with them. Of coarse I cried when I sent them on to their new home and hearing Chester call and call for them made me cry even more. He'd go in that room and wander through the house calling and calling them. It was the most pitiful thing I ever saw, how he grieved and grieved for them. He didn't eat for several days and just sat and cried for them...

When Miss Tuxie was here, I kept the door shut so he wouldn't get attached to her but he wasn't interested in her at all. Still, I wouldn't take any chances since I had promised him I wouldn't do that to him again. I think male cats get more attached and take on that "fatherly" role more than a female does with the motherly role (with a kitten that is not hers). I had another male years ago that would father every kitten he could get his paws on.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Aww, poor Nuggy. That's sad that he probably misses his little buddy.

Sounds like he may need some extra TLC from his meowmie for awhile.

From Decker with Love

Oh, poor Nugget, it's very likely he misses Pea Pod. What a handsome boy he is!

With more attention, hopefully Nugget will forget, and bond with one of the others.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.