Thread: Dock Dogs competition!!!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)

Dock Dogs competition!!!

I'm finally going to enter Finn in a competition. It's open to everyone, as long as you're at least seven years old and your dog's at least six months old. We qualify! I'm really excited about it and will tell you all about it when we go. I am hoping to get Finn to a dock at a lake nearby, as he's never really practiced with that. It'll just be for fun, I'm sure, but I'd love to see how we do! I'm really excited! Yay! Sorry for such a random post, but I wanted to share it. I just happened to look up dockdogs.com and found a list of events and there's one in Fort Worth at the beginning of March! Whoopee!!!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Go Finn! Show them how it's done.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Yay Finn! I'm so excited for you and your human I bet you will show those other dogs what you are made of and do great in that competition, all my good luck sent your way!

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

That is awesome. I love dock dogs! I can't wait to hear all about the competition and see some pictures. Go Finn!
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

ONNN YOUR MARK... GET SET-... GO!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.. Cant wait for pictures!

YIPPEEE!!
    I love watching those events!!!!

Sara entered Buck and Nova (I think it was Nova) in one and the pictures were GREAT!!

Good Luck Finn!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Dock dogs is really fun! I took Buck and Luka and entered them the day of the event. They had never jumped off of a dock before (Nova has jumped off of at least a 12' drop - not by my choice - I should've taken her!) and they did great. There are several times during the day where you can practice with your dog. Buck ended up jumping 9'11" on his second jump, the highest allowed length for the Novice division, so he placed first. I can't remember what Luka jumped but she placed third in Novice.

Good luck to you and Finn! We were going to go to another competition this weekend, but I decided to enter Buck in a conformation show instead.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Thanks everyone, for the well wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    Dock dogs is really fun! I took Buck and Luka and entered them the day of the event. They had never jumped off of a dock before
    Sarah, I have seen it on tv before, but never live! And, Finn can jump about six feet into the water off a dock, with no running start. So, as long as he isn't really distracted by all the dogs around him and the pressure of competition , I think we'll do well enough. I just want to get out there and do it! I remember your photos!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer