Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: question about Zoey

Quote Originally Posted by Zoey&Mandy
    ok, so I made her an appointment for tomorrow morning at 10am. I am either writing a post dated check or using my debit/credit card... IF i were to use my debit /credit card, what does this mean exactly? will they take out from it right then or what?
    Normally when you use a debit or credit card, the funds are taken out at that point. Usually debit goes immediately, and depending on the visa/mc handling, that can take up to 2 days to show up, but a hold is put on the account for a certain amount so that they can insure they will have funds for it to be paid.

I agree with the person who said to take her now, because if you wait, she could become seriously ill and require surgery, which will be much more expensive. Also you don't want her to be so ill from the infection that it's fatal.

thanks. I am going to use Doxyvet, for dogs and cats.. she has an UTI... anyone ever use this antibiotic?
    Zoey <3 march 29, 2006

One thing about debit vs credit card - debit comes directly out of your bank account, just as if you had taken money out.

Credit card - you can wait about a month to pay the cost on there, it doesn't come out of your bank account. (Unless you have set up a monthly payment to your card.)

A credit card buys you time - and gives you a chance to save up to pay the total bill.

Hope your Zoey is ok!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    One thing about debit vs credit card - debit comes directly out of your bank account, just as if you had taken money out.

Credit card - you can wait about a month to pay the cost on there, it doesn't come out of your bank account. (Unless you have set up a monthly payment to your card.)

A credit card buys you time - and gives you a chance to save up to pay the total bill.

Hope your Zoey is ok!

Unless it's your debit/credit card... then it comes out automatically and is not treated like a regular credit card. Bank cards are different, and come right out of your bank account.

thanks. I am going to use Doxyvet, for dogs and cats.. she has an UTI... anyone ever use this antibiotic?
    Is this what the vet said? Did he do any other exam or give you any other suggestions, or a reason why there's an infection with discharge?

Found this online...

Doxyvet-coxycycline is a broad spectrum antibiotic tabs for small animals for bacterial diseases and Ornithosis (one eye colds). Use in the drinking water or give directly.

ok, so I made her an appointment for tomorrow morning at 10am. I am either writing a post dated check or using my debit/credit card... IF i were to use my debit /credit card, what does this mean exactly? will they take out from it right then or what?

I take it that you were able to get in for an appt. today rather than tomorrow?

A UTI is painful, ouch. Glad you were able to find a vet that could get you in sooner.

Doxyvet's main active ingredient is Doxycycline Hydrochloride which we use on occasion at our hospital in the capsule form.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Sorry, Jenn - where I live, I have heard of debit cards AND credit cards...but not the combined type!

I am sure they are up here somewhere...I lead a sheltered life, that's all!

But ZOEY - heal up soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

LOL... I forget you're in Canada, but I thought it would be the same up there with banks.

Down here we can get a "bank card" that is a debit and credit card. Depending on where you use it, you get charged a fee if you use it as a debit card, so you have the option of using it as a credit card. It's very handy.

mandy...
    I do hope that Zoee will be getting better. Did the vet get her in earlier, cause your message this morning said her appt. was tomorrow. I hope they realized that it was urgent and made time for her!