Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about Zoey

question about Zoey

recently, me and my bfs mom have noticed like liquidy/thick greenish yelloish stuff coming out of her vagina. I have no idea what this could be.. does she have an infection?

Mandy
    Zoey <3 march 29, 2006

I would call the vet and talk to the tech assistant who answers the phone. They are a wealth of information. And I am familiar enough with the ones at my vet, that I know they don't automatically say "bring 'em in."

Freedom, you're lucky. It sounds like you have a very knowledgable vet staff. At my vet the girls like to act like they know what they are talking about. Then I talk to the doctor and she gets mad that one of the girls told me something they shouldn't have. So when I call, I always leave a message for my vet to call me back, and she usually will within the same day.

Mandy, if you are confident your vet can answer these questions on the phone, then call immediately. Otherwise take her in, ASAP.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Ick... Normally anything greenish/yellowish coming out of any orifice is going to mean an infection (animal or human). That's typically pus or some other kind of bacterial or fungal infection. Definitely call and get her seen!

Is your cat spayed? Is she eating and drinking normally? activity normal? or is she just laying around and not wanting to eat or drink? either way you really should get her into the vet ASAP.

Rather than try to figure it out and treat it on your own, get her to your vet. That sounds like a mean infection to me.

Blessings,
    Mary

I have to agree with the later posts. That sure sounds like an infection to me. Is the cat spayed? She could have pyometra(sp??)an infection that unspayed female can get. If not treated, the cat/dog can die from the infection. RUSH THAT CAT TO THE VET ASAP!!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Quote Originally Posted by kb2yjx
    RUSH THAT CAT TO THE VET ASAP!!!!
    I just checked her siggy, and Zoee is her doggy. Dog or cat, human or whatever, it's an infection, and she should be seen ASAP.

mY zoey is a cat.. she is about 11months old.. and she was spayed about 6 months of age. she is ahyper cat but she has been calm for about a month.. thats about when we noticed.. she still gets up and runs around and plays with the cats..Ill call
    Zoey <3 march 29, 2006

yea. so I just called one of the Vets in Cleveland Ohio and they said she does need to be seen but the office visit is 72$. and I can not afford that right now! I have been sick for 2 weeks and I am paying my doctors bills from then.. any idea what Icould do?
    Zoey <3 march 29, 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Zoey&Mandy
    yea. so I just called one of the Vets in Cleveland Ohio and they said she does need to be seen but the office visit is 72$. and I can not afford that right now! I have been sick for 2 weeks and I am paying my doctors bills from then.. any idea what Icould do?

Try calling around to a few different vets and see if anyone in your area has cheaper prices. Most vets will take credit cards, and some will take payment arrangements or even post-dated checks.

Regardless of which ever option you go with, get your cat to a vet ASAP!!

$72 could be a drop in the bucket if it requires an emergency surgery or several days of hospitalization/tests/medications.

The longer you wait the more expensive it gets!! Your cats life could be at risk here!

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I know that the big veterinary hospital here in Boston offers payment plans, so you can just pay a part of your bill every month. Catlady is right - the longer you wait, the more it'll cost, and not just in money...

Believe me...get the cat to the vet...if she was spayed incorrectly, and there is still a uterus in there, she could have pyometra-an infection of the uterus, where pus fills up and comes out. She will die if this is not treated-usually only an emergency spay would help. So, like everyone else said, get her to the vet NOW.

ok, so I made her an appointment for tomorrow morning at 10am. I am either writing a post dated check or using my debit/credit card... IF i were to use my debit /credit card, what does this mean exactly? will they take out from it right then or what?
    Zoey <3 march 29, 2006

Oh lordy.. I looked at the other Zoee name, Taz-Zoee, and thought it was the same one. Infection info still stands the same.