Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some photos from new orleans

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)

some photos from new orleans

These are some of my favorites from our trip to New Orleans. I hope you enjoy them! They are random, but I like them!

From the Audubon Zoo...

I love this duck's expression!

This statue had me mesmerized. She reminds me of someone somehow, and I just couldn't keep my eyes off her. I took many photos of her, this is one of my favorites.

The zoo is really awesome and they have a lot of really incredible detailed exhibits around the animals...this was in the asian area of the zoo.

Not even sure what you'd call this...a palm frond, perhaps?

I really liked the color of this seahorse and the texture of the background.

Silly goat.

One of my very favorites from the animal photos I got.

more to come...
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Here are some from around the French Quarter...

This bike was chained here the entire time...

I just liked how the different books represent New Orleans.

And, there was live music on the streets everywhere. It was wonderful, like being in a musical!

Jackson Square.

A representation of the homelessness sometimes found in a city such as New Orleans. The people were incredible, though, regardless of their situations.

Little flowers on the Riverwalk.

Not sure why I like this one, but I do. Just a random padlock on the railing at the Riverwalk.

couple more in the next post...
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I love this photo of David looking at a ship on the Mississippi River.

Here we are at what turned out to be one of the absolute best meals we've ever eaten! (The restaurant's called Muriel's and we had crawfish/goat cheese crepes for an appetizer, true florida red snapper with mango and raspberry lemon butter sauce for the entree and chocolate and raspberry fontaines with vanilla bean gelato for dessert! It even sounds good typed! )

Thanks for checking out my photos. I enjoyed taking them, I hope you enjoy looking at them!

Love them all! This one made me laugh, though. Silly Llama.

You and David look cute together. Looks like you had a great time. The meal sounds delicious.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Your photos are great! I love them all too! Thanks for sharing a bit of your trip

I very much enjoyed seeing these photos, they're really good! Must have been a wonderful trip. I too had to laugh at the silly Llama.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Awwww thanks for the pics!! I was in New Orleans in 1984 (World's Fair), so I am most happy to see some pics of this fabulous city!! I wonder if you could still see damage from "Katrina" ?
    You two look so happy in that pic!!! Nice to "see" you!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Did you see any tow boats on the river? I don't know when you were there but we could have went by while you were there on the boat I work on. There is so much to see in that French Quarter. The last time I was there we were looking for some art work in all the art galleries down there and if I'd had a million dollars I could have spent it all on art work. I am only about 1 1/2 hours away from N.O. but I hardly ever go... I can't handle the traffic down there.. It makes me a nervous wreck!

The news always has something about the crime down there, it seems to be a lot worse than before Hurrican Katrina and they say it is not safe to go out after dark, even in the French Quarter so I am wondering how Mardi Gras is going to go next week.

I LOVE NEW ORLEANS so much!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

If you look at my pictures from NOLA, compared to your's Kari....what a difference!! Great pics! All very professional. You and David are so cute and a perfect couple. That meal sounds delightful. Thanks for sharing!

I love New Orleans and I hope to go back again soon.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Thanks, everyone! We had an awesome time...to respond to some of the replies...

Val and Randi, I'm glad you got a laugh (it's a funny photo!), but, I'm confused! Why are you guys calling the goat a llama?

Maya and Inka's Mommy...in the French Quarter, you can't see any obvious damage from the storms. I think if you knew the city well before, you might be able to see it a little. But, it was my first time there, so I had no basis of comparison. The damage is more intangible, if you know what I mean. For example, we went on a ghost tour, and the guide told us that before the storm, they had a lot more business. And, I gave my hand sanitizer to a homeless woman who was washing her hair in one of the public restrooms. She told me how she had a home before the storm, but didn't qualify for any help because she was second to the house (or something like that). But, she still had a very positive attitude, she made me smile even though I felt bad. That's the kind of "damage" I "saw." People did tell us about trees that had been uprooted or cut down, but we didn't see them, of course.

Laura's Babies, we did see some tow boats, it would be cool to think you may have been on one! And I would never attempt to drive down there, we flew and took a cab from and to the airport. We stayed in the French Quarter, so we walked everywhere! The only time we took a cab while we were there was to get to the zoo and back, it's in uptown. As for the crime, I never once felt nervous or anything. I think, just like with pit bulls, the media covers what it thinks the world wants to hear. And, the world apparently wants to hear about a storm-torn city tearing eachother apart, and I didn't see anything even close to that. I have never wanted to go down there for Mardi Gras (unless I could totally watch from a balcony or something), but I wouldn't think the crime would be any higher during that time than it has been in the past. They have even made it a felony to go to the bathroom in public, thank goodness!

Anyway, I'm glad you guys like my images, I had fun choosing them!

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom
    Maya and Inka's Mommy...in the French Quarter, you can't see any obvious damage from the storms. I think if you knew the city well before, you might be able to see it a little.
    We stayed in the Garden District and took the cable car to get to the Fair. The French Quarter was BEAUTIFUL !!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
    We stayed in the Garden District and took the cable car to get to the Fair. The French Quarter was BEAUTIFUL !!!!

Yeah, we wanted to take one of the cable cars, but we didn't this time. Next time, though! We went through part of the Garden District on the way to and from the zoo, but we didn't do the walking tour. Again, next time!

Beautiful photos! They look like post cards!

I love New Orleans. I've only been there once, but I'd love to go back.

WOW!! You take some really beautiful pictures. I liked the one with the goat too!! SILLY GOAT!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Thanks for sharing the pictures. New Orleans is one of our favorite vacation spots. (I'm a north LA native, and hubby went to seminary in New Orleans.) We haven't been down there in about 6 years, though.