Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Labs...

I Love labs! I have a lab mix. Her name is Lindy. She is so sweet.

------------------

I Absolutely LOVE labs! I have a chocolate lab and I adore him. He is very energetic but I love to exercise and run so it works out well. We go boating together and I just really love him to death! I wouldn't settle for any other type of dog!

BayleeBoo

To those of you, who think that Labs are hyper, you probably never had a pointer or a Dalmatian before, even Border Collies are much more hyper than Labs.
    Whenever my Lab is playing with his Dalmatian friend he gets tired after an half an hour and lay helplessly on the ground with a miserable look in is eyes, as if he is saying "Will she please leave me alone , she's driving me crazy with her jumping all over the place". The same thing happens to him when he plays with his mixed Border Colly friend after an hour or so of play time.
    I think Labs are in a good place in the middle when it comes to energy levels. If my lab is starting to get hyper, the cure for that is to let him walk 1-2 miles and he returnes to be a couch potato for the rest of the day.

I think the misconception about labs being too hyper is related to the fact that labs remain in a puppy stage for almost 3 years.
    But researches on animals behaviour show a direct connection between the length of the animal "childhood" period to the level of intelligence, so that's a good thing

Hey, you want hyper? My brother's got a lab-Dalmatian mix! She is starting to learn some manners, but has got a lot a wiggle in her!

I absolutely LOVE Labs!! They are the best dogs on earth!

------------------
    ***.Sadie May and LabLover.*** .*Labs rule the universe*

http://hometown.aol.com/sarahbcm/myhomepagedog.html

thanks for voting!

------------------
    Emma
    ~*My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound*~ *~*You do not own a dog but the dog does own you*~*

Labs Rule!! I have come across a more loyal companion.

thanx for voting

labs are indeed adorable.they may be hyper but very quiet...cuz eveyone's a friend for them...

my lab Kamil along with her best friend Copper (a golden retriever) are my ultimate playmates & napmates as well...they never cease to amaze me with how happy they could get with the time & attention i'd give them although i fall short every once in awhile... but then having such wonderful & loyal friends following me everywhere,,,,i must say,yes I DO LOVE LABS & goldens as well

thanx for voting everyone! when should I post the results? What do you think?

------------------
    Emma
    ~*My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound*~ *~*You do not own a dog but the dog does own you*~*

Well, anyone here who knows me; anyone who has been posting here for a while, knows MY answer to that one!! I have to say, however, there's seems to be a lot of posting lately on topics regarding the "best" breed, "disliked" breeds "why I don't like this breed" etc., and I find it a bit troublesome. I have and adore my, and all labs. They are fun, funny, smart, athletic, gentle and loyal. But I can honestly say I love all dogs; ALL breeds, ALL mixes! They may not all be the perfect complement to my lifestyle. But they have my love and affection, admiration and appreciation 100%. Most people choose a particular breed or mix because it does suit their lifestyle, activity level, time constraints, housing etc. Just because it may not be the right dog for me at this time, does not mean I cannot appreciate another's choice. As for labs in particular. Hyper???? Well, they do say that labs are puppy's till 3 or 4. Well, how many of us have said how we miss those puppy days??? Us lablovers have an extra 2 or 3 years to enjoy this stage! And lest we forget. Dogs were originally breed for specific purposes.....working, herding, sporting, etc. Being active, athletic, driven, etc. were the desired and bred for traits! And I agree with K9Luvr and LuvMyRott..If your lab is hyper, the dog is not getting enough exercise. My vet, who is a lab mom, says that until age 4, labs require a MINIMUM of 1 hours' FLAT OUT running, swimming and retreiving per day to be contented. They want and NEED to work and exercise or they become bored. If you can't provide it, and your lab is too hyperactive, then maybe another breed would be a better choice. I love to swim, run, hike, etc. and I NEED a dog that can keep up! Labs, for me, are the perfect companion! But I do not love them exclusively....I rarely post on the Lab Retriever sites....I love it here, where I can satisfy my addiction for the love of ALL DOGS' ALL BREEDS! Being able to share and have a peek at all of my special dog friends here allows me to feel a part of the entire community of dog breeds and I am so grateful to have come to know and love them ALL! Each one is special. I'm not sure why. But there seems to be a bit of "lab bashing" going on lately! When anything, including a breed of dog, becomes so popular, there does seem to be a tendency for a backlash. I hope that we can all agree that we share a deep and abiding love for all of our 4 legged friends, regardless of their heritage! And Daisy, Star says, Thanks Pal!!!!

[ July 15, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

No doubt about it, LABS RULE!!!!!!!!!!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Count me in for Labs, they are beautiful sleek dogs., just take a look at "Star".
    For every breed of dog in the world, there are people who truly love them, whether they be mixed or purebred. Most everyone who loves dogs will look into the type of dog that will suit their lifestyle whether it be couch potatoe, active, weekend warrior, whatever. We each have our own preferences and reasons for picking the dog we have, but I don't believe there are any dogs that we don't like, because we are all animal lovers here.

Originally posted by tatsxxx11:
    <STRONG>I have to say, however, there's seems to be a lot of posting lately on topics regarding the "best" breed, "disliked" breeds "why I don't like this breed" etc., and I find it a bit troublesome. I have and adore my, and all labs. They are fun, funny, smart, athletic, gentle and loyal. But I can honestly say I love all dogs; ALL breeds, ALL mixes! They may not all be the perfect complement to my lifestyle. But they have my love and affection, admiration and appreciation 100%. Most people choose a particular breed or mix because it does suit their lifestyle, activity level, time constraints, housing etc. Just because it may not be the right dog for me at this time, does not mean I cannot appreciate another's choice.
    [ July 15, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]</STRONG>

Ditto for me!!! You said that perfectly!!!
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

I totally agree. I haven't posted on any of those questions.
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky