Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Labs...

Labs...

Who is in love with labs??? I am!! I am doing a vote and I am going to see who loves labs and who dosn't. Tell what you do love if you don't LOVE Labadors!

------------------
    Emma
    ~*My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound*~

Labs are a little too hyper for me! Yikes. But, I'm sure there are plenty of good ones out there. Rotts are my favorite. But, I know we have quite a few lab lovers on the board.

------------------
    -Rottie

ya labs are toooo hyper. All of the labs Simba has met he has not liked because they were too hyper. He hates hyper dogs. Only the well trained ones like seeing eye dogs and thoose one are the ones i like other then that i dont really like labs that much.

I LOVE labs! Of course I love every breed but labs hold a special, special place in my heart.

You won't find me saying anything against labs!! They're first cousins to my wonderful Golden Retrievers! Actually I had a lab for the whole time I was married, and that special boy knew me until the day he died at 15. He looked very much like Aly's baby, as well as Sandra's Star! What's not to love?? They are energetic, muscular, loving dogs. And so happy and willing to please their owners.

Everyone has their own favorites...it's all in what you're used to. The perfect picture of a lab to love is Jojo's Hunter. His picture is around here somewhere....sorry I don't have it loaded to put in this post!

Mark me as one who LOVES labs.

Logan

Labs are wonderful sporting dogs. If they are hyper, they aren`t getting enough exercise. They were bred to work, not lay around.
    BTW Have you found your pug yet?

I have not found my pug yet, but I think I might.
    For the ones who say labs are tired my labs are hyper... exept 1.
    But the one that is not hyper is old. but is does have a lot of exersise also.
    Thanks for voting!!

------------------
    Emma
    *~*You do not own a dog but the dog does own you*~*

Aly I have the lab and the kitty that you posted on my screen backround. It looks so cute.

I, too, love labs but I don't know if I could ever have one again. Beener did not fully mature until he was 4 years old, and until that point he was a complete ball of energy. I like a more mellow dog because I am not an athlete and so owning a non-stop energy dog is not the best match for me.

KayAnn: Graham usually does not like any labs, unless they are super mellow or old! He does not like hyper dogs either, and he usually gets so irrated by big, energetic, bouncy dogs that always want to jump on him. He is pretty tolerant of little dogs jumping on him (to a certain degree) but he grumbles when an overly excited labbie (or any large, excited, high energy dog) comes running up to him and does not quit trying to get him to play.

Graham and Simba have something in common I bet they would get along good. Graham usually really likes dogs who "respect his space" and don't try to over do it with their energy. He has some dogs that he really likes at the dog park but he truly does not like labbies. When a labbie walks up to him he becomes a grouchy old man and grumbles...and grumbles...and grumbles more

I LOVE Labs!

Ya Simba and Graham have 2 things in commmon as well as 1 that is shared with all furkids of Pet Talkers... all of them are very loved!!! And Graham and Simba r big cutie pies!!! ( well so are most of the furkids around here on pet talk)

I have a Lab mix (I hope to get a pic posted next wk). I love labs because they easy going - the ones we have owned anyway! But, yes it does take them a long time to grow out of that puppy stage Buddy is the most mellow but very very playful when he has someone to play with.

Even though their puppy stage lasts about 3-4 years, they have the best temperments. Children were always hanging on Dessi or pulling on her tail. You could tell she was a little uncomfortable but she'd just sit there and let them do it. I couldn't have asked for a sweeter dog.

I have found my pug now, to whoever asked me that.

------------------
    Emma
    *~*You do not own a dog but the dog does own you*~*

Labs are a bit too hyper for me but when they get older they are big sweeties! I wouldn't say I don't like them because I love all breeds, but I doubt I will ever have the energy for one! My aunt has one and that dog runs poor Daisy all over the place. I usually have to save her

And how could anyone say anything bad about labs when Daisy's bud Star is a beautiful labby baby?