Thread: gerbrezzis

gerbrezzis

Noticed my local pet shop were selling something called gerbrezzis, which they claim are a cross between a hamster and a gerbil. They look a bit like a giant winter white but with a long tail with a fat bit at the end, The notice said that they store water in their tail. Just wondering if anyone else has come across these or knows anymore about them?

I have never heard anything about them. I have a gerbil and she is a great pet.... I wasn't able to find anything about them online. Mabe you should call the petstore and ask about them because I'm currious to find out more!!!

Those would be fat tailed gerbils, and no they are not a cross between a gerbil and a hamster. Grrr, pet stores are so stupid sometimes!!! I used to have a few as a pet. They are awfully cute little things, though they are pretty rare. It's hard to find them in pet shops. You do need to have a USDA permit for exotics in order to sell them though. If the store does not have a class C permit they are in violation of the law. Not to mention they are false advertising. You think they would do some research first.

Here's a link.

http://www.gerbil-info.com/html/otherduprasiuk.htm

They actually have two at the shop here right now. I might go get one.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I love fat-tailed gerbils.They are so cute.I have never seen them in person.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

gerprezzis

Thanks for the link.

spelling

By the way - how do you spell it? Can't remember whether it was gerprezzi or gerbrezzi now.

I think it is spelled Duprasi.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

AWWW they are cute... Thanks for the link!!! ((P.S. cute baby!!))

fat tailed gerbils

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy
    I think it is spelled Duprasi.
    You are absolutely right zippy. Believe it or not they had spelt it totally wrong in the pet shop and said they were a gerbil/hamster cross! Just shows they know nothing about what they are selling!! All information much appreciated. Thanks.

Those are the cutest things ever! I want one now.....