Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladies and Gentlemen-The Beatles!!

Ladies and Gentlemen-The Beatles!!

The Fab Four made their Debut on The Ed Sullivan Show , February 9th, 1964!!!!

Were you watching them on that Sunday Night?

Yeah, I remember the moment .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB2eWPxAmQ8
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy39

My brother may have been up waiting on a bottle! I was but yet a twinkle in the eye
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Oh, you poor little girl, you missed a magic moment~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

I was there! Didn't really know what all the fuss was about, but I remember!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Yeah, I must confess I wasn't screaming, my Mom and Dad were wondering what the world was coming to, and , my older siblings were not at all phased, but I was in thrilled to see them , for the very first time !!!! And, I still Love The Beatles to this Day, especially George Harrison!!!

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

Ok, now I watched the video! Too cool! Back then I didn't know why all the girls were going crazy. Now I know. George Harrison was always my favorite too. Paul McCartney ain't bad either.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Yes, I was taken in with Paul,( we all liked him) , BUT, George always stood out to me~

He Still does to this Day!

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

I was 12 years old and across the street at my friend's house. We were screaming in front of the TV.....really screaming. I was hoarse the next day.

My fav was and still is George. RIP George. I still have the original Hard Days Night vinyl.

I want to get me one of these....
    http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/Se...able&pagenum=0

It's a usb turntable that you can plug into your computer. Software comes with it so you can record the old vinyls onto CD.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

That turntable is expensive. You can buy software at Best Buy for $36.00, plug your own turntable in to your computer and you are all set.

I was 6, don't recall the big event. My cousins filled me in as I grew older. I know my folks always had that show on, so I MUST have seen it at the time, just don't recall it.

Oh thank you thank you thank you. That was fun--hubby and I just watched it together.

I missed the first show But caught the others

Didn't learn to scream myself hoarse until I was sitting in the second row watching Hard Day's Night.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy39

YES! I was in the 4th grade-9 years old. My sister (in 6th grade) and I were glued to the TV.

I LOVE the Beatles - especially Paul - and John (RIP)- and George (RIP) - and Ringo, too

We were lucky because our parents liked the Beatles too so we were allowed to watch them and play their records. Truly a special time.

Robin (aka Biscuit's Mom)

Sorry but wasn't born yet. Was just a twinkle in my dad's eye. I didn't come along until July of the same year.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Thanks for a great post, Dorothy 39! I just watched it and now I'm grinning ear to ear! Paul's always been my favorite. They all look sooo young in that film clip, don't they? I was 11, and I loved the Beatles! Still do. I still have a bunch of Beatles stuff, too. Unfortunately, I no longer have my records, but I have a pillow, the first edition of "A Hard Day's Night" book about the movie. It cost 50 cents back then! And I have a necklace with a mininature photo album of Beatles photos - it's about an inch tall. I remember buyng it at the corner drugstore, I probably spent all my money on it.

WOW! Do I ever remember! I was 12 1/2 and a BeatleMANIAC! I mean, they preoccupied every single minute of my day.

I vividly remember that i was FORCED to go with my parents to a prearranged dinner at their friend's house, so I couldn't scream my head off, so I was so upset being in a strange house and on my best behavior, that I burst into tears. Never missed another concert.

Conned a girlfriend into cutting class to wait in line to get concert tickets (if I did it it'd be too obvious). I still have the ticket stubs from all Phila concerts.

If anyone has any memorabila, DO NOT throw it away, specially if it says "made in the UK", as it's worth a fortune. My friend's collection was appraised at almost 1/4 a million dollars. I still have tons of stuff I can't part with, even at my age. Met John Lennon for an instant, in 1972 and saw him on the streets of NY. I loved them all for different reasons.

This is so weird..growing up, all my gfs and I "celebrated" their birthdays with phone calls, cupcakes etc. Who would have thought that after all those PM birthday celebrations, my mom would have passed on his birthday June 18, 2005. I still think that's so creepy.

I've been Boooo'd!

Oooo, I thoroughly enjoyed that, thanks very much! Didn't see the show here obviously, but it's never too late. Thanks for posting.