Thread: My cat decided to forget the litter box

My cat decided to forget the litter box

I have a cat that after she had her kittens decided she no longer will use any litter box. She will go and poop and pee everywhere she wants? Is there a solution to this? Or does she have to go? if she goes she will go to a farm that she will be outside 24-7 but i really love the cat and dont want her to go. Ive done some googling but have not came up on anything.

First of all you need to get the cat checked at a vet to make sure nothing is medically wrong. Second of all you need to get your cat spayed. Have you changed the location of the litter box? Have you changed litter. Cats are very sensitive and sometimes changes will cause things like this. If there is no medical problem and you have not changed anything then you will need to retrain her to the litter box.

I am sure someone else can tell you better how to do that as I have never had to do it and don't want to tell you to do something that is not correct.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Yes, please have her checked by a vet. Getting rid of her should not be the solution. Many times things are emotional, and cats will react in their own little ways. First the vet, then try using a crate to retrain her to use the box. It is not an instantaneous thing that happens, but it takes time and effort, and if you love your kitty, you'll give her enough of a chance.

Please read the Unabridged Guide to Litterbox problems on the Cats International site. It has the best information I've ever read about why cats have problems and what to do.

http://www.catsinternational.org/art...ing/index.html

I feel confident that with your love and care, she'll come around and cope with whatever has disturbed her. As Jenn says, sometimes it take retraining. But it's doable!

Good luck to you and her.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

forgetting the litter box

Hi, I had the same problem with my cat and fortunately we found the solution of this problem. We had recently moved to a new house so we all thought it mightbe stress but she didnīt seem stressed and we pained ourselves with this problem...new house..new furniture...etc I am sure you can see the picture.
    Finely we found out that I had used a new brand of sand for the litterbox so I set 2 litterboxes ready and bought 3 or 4 diffferent brands of sand untill we found out what my
    Peewee preferred. Now the problem is solved and everybody is happy because we too thought about finding a new home for her.

Thank you all for the help even though i didn't respond until now. I Used a new litterbox and sand and it seems to work for now.

They suggest using that Cat Attract litter as well. I tried that with my one girl, and she seemed to respond to it. My boy cat, well, he just poops in one area of the litter box room, but not in the boxes. He drives me nuts.

cronic pooping

I know what you mean ever since my cat drank my prune juice he has been having extreme diarrha.
    Yo' mom goes to collage.