Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grrr!!! I'm So Angry About This!! Blind Cat Bronx, Ny

Quote Originally Posted by catlover4ever
    If Carla and Mike still want to take in Blindy or any others, and someone can get the cats to a meeting place on the CT border (Greenwich Area or New Haven which is closer to me) I can drive them from CT to Maine with no problem.
    Your so nice.
    I am waiting to hear back from her.The lady who has the cats.Plus my sister in law is emailing her today who lives in the bronx.She has 2 friends that trap and will find homes.I know they don't need trapping but these 2 girls will help my sister in law,get these cats homes.They are well use to it.I didn't know she lived in the bronx till today when I called my sister up to ask which part of New York she lived in.
    So...let's wait and see if either I or my sister in law(That lives in the bronx)here's back from her.
    Also....My niece goes to Colledge in the Bronx but she is in a dorm of course and allergic to cats.But I was hoping she'd (the lady with the cats)email me back so I can give my neice her phone # so my neice can ask her friends there to ask around for homes for the cats also.

Thanks.Your very kind to offer to drive.
    Last edited by catfamily; 02-09-2007 at 02:08 PM.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

My sister in law emailed her and did not hear back from her.I emailed a couple more times and also did not hear back from her.
    I wish she would respond to her letter.
    My sister in law lives in the Bronx and so does her friends that trap all the time there and is interested in helping with this.They will find homes or keep them until they find homes.
    This is what my sister in law wrote back to me:

HiCarla,
    I emailed Chrissy(the blind cat owner) on Friday, and still haven't heard back. Have you heard from her?I spoke to my friend, and she is interested in helping, but Chrissy hasn't responded.Let me know if you know anything else.
    Thanks, nina

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Thank you Carla for trying to help this woman find help for her cats. I sure hope she does right by them, and does NOT put them out on the streets. Every time I even hear that term, I recall the poor dead cat I peeled off the ice in a driveway 2 Winters ago. Children had seen the cat dead on the ice for a few days, and I had the kids go to their house for trash bags, and then I climbed over a chainlink fence and literally had to pull the poor kitty off the ice where it had froze to death. Not a nice memory.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Quote Originally Posted by QueenScoopalot
    Thank you Carla for trying to help this woman find help for her cats. I sure hope she does right by them, and does NOT put them out on the streets. Every time I even hear that term, I recall the poor dead cat I peeled off the ice in a driveway 2 Winters ago. Children had seen the cat dead on the ice for a few days, and I had the kids go to their house for trash bags, and then I climbed over a chainlink fence and literally had to pull the poor kitty off the ice where it had froze to death. Not a nice memory.
    Cats absolutely cannot live on their own on the streets!
    I wish I didn't get so overwhelmed by the thought of homeless cats trying to survive.
    It's mostly the ones who have already been inside a home.The thought of them being sent on it's merry way...totally freaks me out!
    My cats are like my kids.I can't imagine having them outside scared to death wondering what to do.
    Last edited by catfamily; 02-12-2007 at 10:36 AM.

Hi Chrissy! I just wanted to say that I am impressed that you would post your two e-mails for us all to read here on PT. It is obvious to me that you love your kitties but have found yourself in a terrible situation! Again, we all here are very passionate about cats, and tend to get caught up in the heat of the moment before we often realize the whole situation. I feel like maybe your stating that you would put Blindey out on the street as a last resort, was an attempt to get more people to respond. Well, either way, it worked! I have no doubt that the people here on PT will get your kitty into a safe and loving indoor home. It might take some work and a little time, but PLEASE don't give up on us!

Sincerely,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Oh boy, this is disheartening. If I lived closer to this lady, it'd be a done deal, even though I swore that I was done w/rescuing. But the thought of cats out on the streets, esp. in the winter and esp. one being blind is just too much! I wish I could at least help w/transport but living in OH, that isn't doable either. But word is spreading, so it seems as though these cats will all find loving homes.

Blessings,
    Mary

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Well it's been 10 days since I posted this, and not a ~peep~ regarding the cats from Crissy. I wish I knew what has happened, and if she found someone to take the cats. There is Alana at Blind Cat Rescue that offered to take Blindey. And then there's the 6 others, but I have no clue if anyone's heard anything?
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Unbelievable how people ask for help and then do not take the help AND never bother to update!! I mean, she KNEW we cared and yet here we sit, not knowing.

It's maddening. I hope that means no news is good news.

Blessings,
    Mary

My sister-n-law Nina lives in the Bronx wrote to her and she never bothered writing back.I know her friend would of found all 6 cats homes.EASY!!
    Plus my neice goes to colledge there in the Bronx(My sister's oldest girl)and she has plenty of friends there that know people with nice family homes in the Bronx.
    But Nina(my sister-n-law)was a sure thing.She has 2 trapper girlfriends (also lives in the Bronx)and 1 said she'd have all cats homed in a jiffy!!

Now that I'm semi-retired, I'd be happy to run the transport. I can even take her in till a home can be found, even though I live in a cramped one room apartment. The thought of that poor cat out on the streets in sub-freezing weather makes me ill. May that idiotic owner rot in hell!! Someone should turn them into the authorities.

Call me if you need me. 860-794-1157.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!