Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need a shoulder to cry on. And a little help, if possible.

I wish you could find one decent person at a shelter or somewhere that could give you legal advice, or if you could talk to someone who has "been there".

I remember Catmandu, with the help of his vet, was able to have his home declared some sort of shelter, legally...if you can get a free consult with a lawyer, or a kind zoning officer, maybe there is something you can do?

I hope they know your neighbour or whoever lied. That no one spoke to you.

Even if you APPLY for re-zoning or whatever, that will buy you some time! They can't do anything til it's refused!

HUGS and prayers!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    . . . legally...if you can get a free consult with a lawyer . . .
    This actually gave me my first smile for the day. Although I'm not licensed at the moment, I do have a law degree and I've practiced in the past. So in a way, talking to myself could be considered a free consult with a lawyer.

Imagine this: if I were to throw five of my cats out on the street, refuse to feed them, and shoo them off my property any time I saw them there, the city would be fine with that. The cats would die, of course. But the city would be fine with that, too. They would rather have dead cats than live ones.

What in the world is wrong with people?

SOOO - look into having your house declared a pet refuge, or whatever the legal term is for it there!

Ya don't swing, ya don't hit!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

This whole issue just burns me up! Why don't they take the efforts and go after the ones that are abusing the animals! All I can say is they're a bunch of IDIOTS! I'm sorry you have to go through all of this.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Maybe it is time to get the media involved.

Blessings,
    Mary

I am SO very sorry to read this. It's disgusting how cruel and ignorant people treat homeless and helpless animals! How can these people get up in the morning and face themself!! I'll quote Medusa and say: I hope they come back in their next lives as feral cats. Then they'll get it!

These cats don't harm anybody, they just need a shelter from the cold and some food every day. I could understand the inspector getting worked up about it, if they were left to fend for themselves and no one wanted to care for them, but that's not the case. This is just too much!!

I see some have suggested you contact the media, and perhaps that's what you need to do. There must be humanity somewhere! If you could get hold of the right person to write an article about this, it might help. Does anyone here have contacts in the media world?

As Kim suggested, perhaps you try to move them in the wee hours of the night, to another location where you could still go and feed them discreetly!I really hope the RMACA will be able to help relocate them - and I hope you can find homes for Katie, Hagrid, Angel, Oz, and Cricket, if neccesary.

I'm sending my best throughts for the kitties and you.

What a sad world!!

((((((Big hugs)))))))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. I haven't heard anything yet from the RMACA, so I'm still pretty much in limbo. I have talked to a couple of friends, but they can't take in any of my cats even temporarily.

I'm really wondering whether I should just pack up and leave. I'm not sure that I want to live in a neighborhood where the neighbors are going to be spying on me around the clock to make sure that they never see a cat in my yard.

Hey, if you don't have a car or a friend who would be willing to drive you during the wee hours of the night, how about calling a cab? I'm sure for the right tip, a cabby would keep his mouth shut about your trips! What does everyone think? I've never been in a cab in my life, so I may be way off base here?
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

First of all, your shy and elderly cats are not going to end up at a shelter. I would lose my mind if I was threatened with this so I can imagine how you are feeling. Between us all we can shoe-horn in another one or two here or there, we just have to get our rears in gear on how to transport. Both B.F. and 911Rescue, and lots of Yahoo groups, have tons of experience in long-distance transport (cheaply).

You are going to be miserable in your neighborhood from now on, not knowing who is spying on you and when, knowing how your neighbors feel about other forms of sentient life. Can you move to a place outside the city limits where you can have more animals and still do your job?

I know what it feels like to be spied on although the neighbor who was the greatest threat to me sold up her house last year - relief! However, the people living next to me are the kind to judge first and ask questions later. I try to make sure that only one front window is available for cat sitting at any time.

I hope the rescue can help you with the ferals because it's going to be unendurable to you to simply stop feeding them, or move away from them and leave them to their miserable fate.

Do you belong to the Best Friends Network? They have a Colorado community that you can post to and it may make you feel less alone.

Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats
    Hey, if you don't have a car or a friend who would be willing to drive you during the wee hours of the night, how about calling a cab? I'm sure for the right tip, a cabby would keep his mouth shut about your trips! What does everyone think? I've never been in a cab in my life, so I may be way off base here?
    There's really no place I could relocate the ferals, though. Maybe I'll be able to find someone with a barn who would be willing to take them, but I can't just move them to another part of town.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie
    First of all, your shy and elderly cats are not going to end up at a shelter. I would lose my mind if I was threatened with this so I can imagine how you are feeling. Between us all we can shoe-horn in another one or two here or there, we just have to get our rears in gear on how to transport. Both B.F. and 911Rescue, and lots of Yahoo groups, have tons of experience in long-distance transport (cheaply).

You are going to be miserable in your neighborhood from now on, not knowing who is spying on you and when, knowing how your neighbors feel about other forms of sentient life. Can you move to a place outside the city limits where you can have more animals and still do your job?

I know what it feels like to be spied on although the neighbor who was the greatest threat to me sold up her house last year - relief! However, the people living next to me are the kind to judge first and ask questions later. I try to make sure that only one front window is available for cat sitting at any time.

I hope the rescue can help you with the ferals because it's going to be unendurable to you to simply stop feeding them, or move away from them and leave them to their miserable fate.

Do you belong to the Best Friends Network? They have a Colorado community that you can post to and it may make you feel less alone.
    Thank you! I haven't given up on finding a solution that will let my feline family stay together, but the worst thought of all is the idea of surrendering them to a shelter. I'll do anything to avoid that.

I certainly am feeling like I'm under the microscope. It's horrid. To have lived here for as long as I have and to suddenly have the neighbors turn on me is heartbreaking.

One of the few bright spots is that my job is done entirely via computer. I can work from anywhere in the U.S. (except Alaska or Hawaii), as long as I can hook up the computer to a high-speed Internet connection. So I think I'll be looking for a cat-friendly place that I can afford.

I will check out the Best Friends Network. Thanks!

Hi I really wish I could be of some help to you.

This situation however has opened my eyes to my own situation. I have been feeding ferals for well over 1 year and a 1/2 now and just last night I had a few cats (cat fighting) over the food. I have two bowls but it made me think about your situation and how I couldn't afford to move anywhere else right now and plus they let me have 5 cats and haven't said crap to me about it. Of course I keep things very well clean so they shouldn't say anything about it but it made me realize that what if my neighbors would turn me in..... I really hope something like that won't happen because it would be heartbreaking to stop feeding the ferals especially in the dead of winter right now.

My prays are with you and your cats.

Melissa

The Found Cat Hotel Is Designated As A Rescue Shelter.
    I Have Signed An Agreement That I Will Take No More Animals In, Except For The 8 That I Have Listed With Them.
    They Know That The Found Cats Will Be Cared For When My Time Comes.
    I Was Reported As A Hoarder With Sick And Ill Cats And They Came In Expecting The Worst.when They Saw All The Food, The Vet Records And The Excellent Condition Of The Found Cats, They Were Relieved And We Came To An Accord.
    I Had Gotten Them To Accept 7, But Then Joseph Howled, I Think He Thought The Visitors Had Treats.
    So I Had To Admit To One More.
    We Are Praying Penny That You Can Find A Place To Temporarily Rehome Your Cats.
    The Found Cat Paradise Hotel Has Done That Many Times, I Wish You Were Closer.
    The Best Of Luck With You And Your Cats.
    Have You Asked Your Vet For Ideas?
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Reading your thread made me so sad, i just wish there was something one could do to help your situation, it really is a catch 22, and yes the damn city should be spending their time prosecuting those who dump these poor animals, my heart goes out to you right now, i can only imagine how you must be feeling, i hope and pray their will be a happy ending for you and your ferals, please keep us posted and HUGS, and best wishes for the best outcome.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Good luck with all of this. I have come so close to losing my house and so losing a place for my "guys" that I can barely allow myself to think about it. For me, help came when I least expected it. I hope it does for you too. The animals know we are on their side.