Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Run Hillary Run- bumper sticker thread

Socialized medicine here would be as big a mess - if not more so.. Its hard enough to deal with an insurance company, but make our health in government hands- I would have been dead by now..
    As it is by insurance I had to have two previous surgeries before the last one- and the last one ended up on an emergency basis- ..
    The rest- I will leave alone- I do not like the morality with her, or back tracking either- Senator- fine- -PRESIDENT- nooooooo way!

2. Our Healthcare System

Last year I was hospitalized. I entered the hospital on an emergency basis on Thursday afternoon. I left (ama) Saturday morning at 7:30. I had treatments but no sugery. I also had some tests in the emergency room. I spent the rest of the time in a bed hooked up to some ivs. As it was an intestinal infection, I had no food.

My bill....$15,000.

I know that because I asked for a copy of my bill (not that I could understand it.) Normally, I would simply be told my deductible and the bill sent to my insurance carrier.

Yes, I have insurance so I did not pay $15,000.

What does someone do who does NOT have insurance? I can assure you if I had known what it would cost I would have refused admittance.

Right now the federal minimum wage (yes, some states it is higher and congress is considering raising it) is $5.15 per hour. That means my two day hospital stay cost about 1.5 times the annual income of a minimum wage earner. The very people most likely to be uninsured.

That sounds to me like a system that is broken. I don't know what the right solution is to the problem but is cannot go on the way it is. It is not good for the health of America or the health of Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary
    That sounds to me like a system that is broken. I don't know what the right solution is to the problem but is cannot go on the way it is. It is not good for the health of America or the health of Americans.
    I completely agree. Our health care system is a mess, and something needs to be done. I don't know what, but I hope our next president can figure something out......

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary
    A few months ago my boyfriend was hospitalized for UNDER TWO HOURS and the bill was $8,000. Diagnosis? A scraped knee. We are going to be in debt paying this off for at least two years, over A SCRAPED KNEE.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Edwina, just be glad you were able to have your tests in a timely fashion. With socialized medicine they will only give you the ones they deem absolutely nessecary and schedule for the rest at their "earliest available date" which is usually a year down the road.
    I do not have health insurance here. I am currently pregnant and will have to see Dr's and give birth eventually. I am paying the bill out of my pocket. But we don't have to pay it all at once. We will pay a certain amount each month. BUT at least my Dr cares.

I was pregnant once before.... a few years ago. My Dr refused for a while to even give me a test until I had missed two periods. I became very ill and she insisted that it was all in my head...... I lost my baby because my Dr didn't care. She wasn't getting paid extra to give me special care so she figured she wouldn't. I finally had to go to a womens clinic and have them schedule me for an ultra sound only to find it was too late. My baby was not growing, I was too ill to continue even trying to carry my baby and I had to have an emergency termination. I am not saying this could have been prevented had my Dr cared enough to do the extra tests but you never know.

Yes health care everywhere is a mess. Anything run by government is a bigger mess. I don't know what the best solution is either but I know it isn't socialized medicine. People can't afford to pay the thousands upon thousands that a hospital stay can cost but many people ALSO can not afford the thousands upon thousands that they lose by the increased income tax AND inflated sales tax that socialized medicine costs.

Edited to add:
    If medicine in the US becomes socialized you will also lose MANY Dr's and nurses because they can't make money. They will leave to other places where they can charge for everything again. That's what happened in Ontario. That is why it takes so long to get any care. The dr's couldn't make money so they moved their practice to somewhere that they could. Then we will be in the same predicament if not worse than we are now.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

First of all, I have to say that I'm with you Dan(BOBS DAD), on everything you've said so far. Especially, your comment about the last six years of disaster we've experienced in this country. You've made many good points, as always.

Just a question.......if Hillary isn't a good choice, who are some of you looking at as a good choices in the upcoming election? Why are these choices good? I didn't vote for George Bush either time and I want to make sure I educate myself in every way again this time.

I don't intend to hijack this thread. I'm reading that Hillary is not so popular for reasons mentioned. I just wonder who everyone feels is the best candidate. Feedback appreciated

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Bob's dad I totally agree with you, lets argue issues at hand not morality or the candidates marital issues.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

In the position as President- morality would matter alot! It shows how someone sees the laws- or is it just " hairs to split". I would more so vote for a candiate that was divorced than one that uh supported incidences that goes against the "structure" of what we call "marriage".. Thats also why whats-his-name is under so much fire now- he is a Morman- that has many beliefs different than the " common" man such as multiple wives etc..

Well my point is there are lots of the past presidents that were considered great and that did many good things for this country and they were not always faithful to their wives. I think its easier for people to point that out than to one by one systematically address the issues. It just seems like an easy way out to me.

I have been frosted!

by the way bm thanks for brining this thread back, there is absolutely nothing heated here.

I have been frosted!

Virginia has had I believe more presidents than any other state- and yes- especially the ones in the beginning well things were uh different.. ( LIke Jefferson..whom everyone adored in this state.)
    The point of this thread was to be a bi-partisian bumper sticker.. Take your pick- front or back..

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    At last, a bumper sticker for both parties.

FINALLY, someone has come out with a 100% bipartisan political bumper
    sticker. The hottest selling bumper sticker comes from New York state

"RUN HILLARY RUN"

Democrats put it on the rear bumper.
    Republicans put it on the front bumper.
    LOL! That's kinda funny.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

Quote Originally Posted by borzoimom
    The point of this thread was to be a bi-partisian bumper sticker.. Take your pick- front or back..
    Neither, I think bumper stickers are tacky.

I have been frosted!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    Neither, I think bumper stickers are tacky.

Have you seen this trend of painting all the windows on your car? I have nver seen it before I moved here to PA. Everyone here has stuff painted all over their car windows..... including the rear window. How can that not affect your view through your mirror.

I kinda like the magnet one though. BUT they fall off in the car wash

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19
    Have you seen this trend of painting all the windows on your car? I have nver seen it before I moved here to PA. Everyone here has stuff painted all over their car windows..... including the rear window. How can that not affect your view through your mirror.
    hmm must not be on my side of PA - I haven't seen that (other than high school seniors on the last day of school, that is a tradition).