Thread: Tibetan Spaniel/Urgent Help, Please

Tibetan Spaniel/Urgent Help, Please

There's a mellow, golden male Tibetan Spaniel desperately in need of rehoming from a shelter in VA (is that Virginia?). He's a sweet & cuddly older gentleman who will be euthanized if not rehomed by July 1.
    I do Tibetan Spaniel Rescue in Australia...& if my arms could reach across the Pacific, he'd be safe.
    Please...if anyone closer could help this little bloke. His pic & details & contact information are at the site below.
    Thanks,
    Marie

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=899624

VA is Virginia - I'll show this to the guy at work whose family is still in Virginia tomorrow, just in case!

Virginia's a big state, I'll go look now to see if he's near DC, and some of our Pet Talk folk in that area ...

Okay, Hopewell is about 2 hours South of Washington, DC ...

Bless you, Karen. I found a map showing Hopewell, VA (below). It shows 'Arlington' nearby...does that mean it's close to Washington DC?
    Tucker, the Tibetan Spaniel, would make a great close companion for someone...
    (His name has an Aussie connection, too. 'Tucker' is our word for food to be eaten. Like meal-time is called 'tucker-time'.)
    If it was possible for me to send Tucker's 'bail-out' fee, I would do so.

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt...%A0Map=Get+Map

Thanks,
    Marie

I'm concerned about Tucker. This morning his details have disappeared from the PetFinder site & from the Hopewell VA Shelter site. I can only hope he's been rescued. US Tibbie owners were sending round his details.
    Thank you, Karen, for alerting PetTalkers in that area. I asked the 'Australians in Washington' Network to pass word around about Tucker...& they emailed me that they did so. Also people I know who have Aussie Shepherds in Virginia were circulating Tucker's details, too.
    I just hope he hasn't been euthed.
    Marie

I will call the shelter once they open and find out what is going on. Hope it is good news, like he has been adopted! Fingers crossed.

I called the Hopewell Shelter and spoke with a Helen. She said she would have to get back in touch with me. According to her, some animals are in foster care and she would have to locate him in the database and get in touch with me. Why she couldn't do it on the spot is beyond me! Anyhow, I will let you know when she calls me back.

"I called the Hopewell Shelter and spoke with a Helen. She said she would have to get back in touch with me... Anyhow, I will let you know when she calls me back."

Thank you so much for doing this. I was so worried I emailed the Hopewell Shelter...& this morning (Australian time) I received a happy news email from Nancy from the Hopewell Shelter. Tucker's owners reclaimed him...that's why he was taken off the link...& he didn't appear as 'adopted' on the site either.

So Tucker's safe at home right now...but he went mighty close to the Green Needle (July 1...his time was up). That's why his listing was marked Urgent.

But best news is that people who had been alerted about Tucker's urgent need had contacted the Shelter...Nancy said in her email that she had to contact quite a few people who'd contacted the Shelter re Tucker. That would include wonderful PetTalkers like you.

Also I received an email from a family in the 'Australians in Washington' Network who were willing to offer Tucker a loving home. And there was also an email that Aussie Shepherd people in Virginia were trying to arrange a home for him.

So, if Tucker hadn't been reclaimed by his owners...he would definitely have been saved from the Green Needle.
    Thank you, thank you, all...from Tibetan Spaniel lovers in both the US & Australia.
    Marie
    Last edited by Angels3; 06-27-2002 at 09:05 PM.