Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness

Morning Sickness

UGH.

I have TERRIBLE morning sickness. I throw up usually 2-3 times a day. I can't eat, I can't drink... I just feel like I'm gonna Ralph at any moment LOL. I have been using those Sea Bands they have for motion sickness and they are helping a bit but I want to be able to EAT.

People keep saying to eat soda crackers but I can barely choke them down. Any other tips?

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I found that if I kept some saltines- and ate one or two WHILE IN BED before I got up then stayed in bed a like 10 minutes after I ate them, it helped alot. ( do not drink juice in the morning..) I kept them at the table next to my bed...

Sorry, but I never had morning sickness with my pregnancies. I did get
    a little nausea while cooking sometimes, but that's it. I've only heard about
    the "eating saltines" method to overcome the sickness. I hope you find
    something that helps.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I can so empathise having bad morning sickness with both my children, all I can say is hopefully it will pass soon, I really did not find anything helped, it is just one of those things you have to get through,but i know how hard that sounds, and how you feel, poor you, here's hoping it subsides soon.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Crackers work good... try to stay away from high acid foods like tom. sauce that made me get the worse heart burn and throw up... I remember when i was pregnant I HATED chicken and potatoes.... are you sick of any food yet? or you might not be that far along yet huh.

Ginger ale and saltines - ginger is known to help settle tummies.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Ginger ale and saltines - ginger is known to help settle tummies.
    That's exactly what I was going to say. I also tried having the crackers and ginger ale before getting up(you have to have someone bring it to you unless you have it beside the bed somehow). It seemed to make me less likely to get queasy when I finally got up. I really wish you the best and hope you don't have it too long

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Phone a good health food store...there is a B vitamin - B6??? - that is REALLY supposed to help morning sickness!

HUGS and I hope you are better soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I didn't really have morning sickness, I just didn't feel good unless I had little meals all day. Sort of grazed all day.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

HMMMM B6? Maybe I should drink some gatorade, that has a lot of the B vitamins in it. ginger Ale seems to be helping a little. It makes me burp more than throw up so that's good lol. I have been trying the saltines but I just can't stomach them. I am sick as soon as I open my eyes in the morning, I have to run to the bathroom immediately.

Come OOOOOOOOON 3 months LOL.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I've found that it varied with me. Saltines would help for awhile, then ginger ale, then peanut butter crackers, then Coca-cola (Caffeine free works just as well.). Werther's Originals candies helped sometimes, too. Thankfully mine was truly "morning" sickness most days, so I could eat fine the rest of the day. I'm in my 15th week now, and it has just now gone away (I think--yesterday was the first day I've felt really good, and today is okay for the moment.)

Also, your doctor should be able to prescribe something for you if it is bad enough. Mine was never quite that bad, but a good friend of mine had to go on medication, as she could barely function without it.

Quote Originally Posted by prechrswife

Also, your doctor should be able to prescribe something for you if it is bad enough. Mine was never quite that bad, but a good friend of mine had to go on medication, as she could barely function without it.
    I think that's a good idea. Throwing up that often can't be good for you.
    When I was taking chemo treatments, my Dr. gave me a RX for the nausea.
    It really helped. Good luck with this.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I remember those days all too well. What I found really helped was eating something just before going to bed, and if I woke up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, eat something then, too. I found I ONLY got sick when my stomach was completely empty. And many times it meant eating when that was the LAST thing I felt like doing. Bleccch!! But then after eating something, the nausea would magically disappear. Also, stay hydrated!! Especially after puking, try and drink something even if it is just a sip at a time.

One more suggestion: try different kinds of crackers. I, too, hated saltines, but found that goldfish really worked. Also, milk (surprisingly) would settle my stomach if it was just a little bit upset. Soft rolls really worked well, too. If something sounds good, then go for it, and once you find something that "works" stick with it.

Also, for me, 90% of the nausea/vomitting was done with by the time I hit 10-11 weeks, so hang in there. All of a sudden you turn around and realize, hey I don't feel so bad today!!!

{{Hugs}}

I know how miserable you must feel, mine was really bad, i had to quit my job, but honestly i would not get anything from the doctor,unless absolutely necessary, only my opinion, but i just would not like to take the risk for my unborn child,you never know what things can do,it is a hard road to travel, as the saying goes, and it is just awful, but it usually does pass ,until then you have my sympathy,as been there ,done that.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I think ginger is meant to ease morning sickness..............
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk