Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you choose?

How do you choose?

Chip and dale were featured in our local paper friday. They have TWO people very interested in them.

Person 1 ("N") contacted me via email and also filled out an onlin pre-application form.

Person 2 ("J") contacted me by phone, and we played phone tag for 3 days before actually speaking.

"N" and I have been writing. She seems very much like a cat person. Has a good, stable home, other cats and kids.

"J" and I have not really talked yet, but I know her from the Petsmart store where she worked. I won't know until later today if she is truly right for the boys. She is visiting today. "N" cannot visit until tomorrow due to her schedule.

SO......the problem is, what if they are both equally qualified??

I'll update later today after I meet with "J", but I need as much insight as possible before hand.

Thanks.

Let them both see kitties see who bonds with them better. However, I would lean towards "N" because she has filled out online application, to me that's more serious prospect then someone who calls.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Are they both adopting the two? That would be so nice for them to stay together, wow.

Both would adopt the 2. Although "N" was originally only interested in 1.

Watching the boys interact with the people IS a good idea, but they are such sweet babies, I can't see how they will act differently with either of them. (now if we were talking one of my adult fosters, YES, I can see how there might be a different reaction to different people)

And I really can't fault "J" for calling (over going online) because the newpaper spot SAYS to call for info. And the One by One telephone number goes to our director who does NOT have internet access so she puts them in touch wit the foster moms vis telephone.

HHHmmmmmmmmmmm. Less than an hour before "J" visits. And I am still uncertain how I will eventually handle this.

I would invite both persons, and see how she reacts on the cats, and vice versa!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I would wait to see how the visits go before leaning towards either. I think you will have a good sense of which one seems 'right' for the boys. Then once you've decided maybe you can steer the other towards another cat or kitten in the rescue if you think they would make a good match.

From Decker with Love

Give them hard questions to answer:

What would you do if Chip climbed up your curtains?
    What would you do if Dale danced on your face at 4:00 in the morning?

You know the types of things...kittens are terrific but they can also be destructive and disturbing.

I always grilled prospective kitten parents hard and if they seemed hesitant...they weren't right. They needed an older cat.

Good luck to you foster mommy in finding them their perfect furrever home. I know you'll do right by them.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Well, "J" just left. She and her partner needed to hit the pet store and also talk. Even though I can tell they wanted the boys, they said decisions like this should not be rushed. They'll call back after their shopping trip. I feel that it is VERY responsible of them to take a moment before signing papers.

Now on to them. Very pet oriented!! My boys will be in good hands. They will also have other kittens to play with as they also have a 2 month old, a 3 month old, a 5 month old and 2 adult cats. Also 2 dogs and birds and a turtle. She also works with animals.

I was in touch with "N" who is VERY open to the suggestion of meeting One by One's OTHER kittens as long as Chip and Dale get a good home.

So, I guess my babies will be leaving me TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, they do NOT want the babies! They say they are going to look for younger babies. Now, is that the WHOLE story??? I guess we will never know.

Now on to prospect #2. But hubby has said her prefers they adopt only 1 baby, so I am going to steer her to the other foster moms' babies.

Chip and Dale stay. (for now)

Well, that is disappointing. But you know that whatever excuse they gave you, if it's not right, it's not right. They did the right thing by saying no.

Chip and Dale are wonderful kittens so I know you'll find them their perfect furrever home.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

How Old Are Chip And Dale That They Are Rejected For Being Too Old?
    I Personally Would Take Cats That Are Just Growing Into Cats, As Thier Purrsonalities Are More Settled And They Are Calmer Than Little Kittens.
    Dont Despair Jen,somewheres There Just The Right Place For Chip And Dale And We Know That You Will Find It.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach
    Well, they do NOT want the babies! They say they are going to look for younger babies. Now, is that the WHOLE story??? I guess we will never know.

Now on to prospect #2. But hubby has said her prefers they adopt only 1 baby, so I am going to steer her to the other foster moms' babies.

Chip and Dale stay. (for now)
    I have to say here that I have turned down kittens in the past for being past a certain age. When I take a kitten, she truly becomes part of the family, and I want to raise her from a young age. There are people who do not want to deal with young kittenhood, and I think it is great that they will adopt older kittens and cats. I completely love kittenhood with all it's trials. I love to be "pounced" on, slept on, etc.. I even get a kick out of litter training.. (that look of concentration is priceless).
    In memory of my Gigi Meuette, beautiful, true and trusted friend, killed and eaten by a cougar.

My boys are 15 WEEKS old! And since "J" saw them in the newspaper she KNEW how old they were as it said their age in the article. No, there was another reason that she did not wish to admit.

Well whatever the reason better they decide that before they take them home, right? They just weren't the right ones for your sweeties. Too bad your other interested party doesn't want both. Do you think she would change her mind after meeting them? After getting Ripley alone with no siblings (he had 2 solid white sisters available but Richard wouldn't let me) then seeing how it was like with Rocky and Rumor and now Decker and Moxie I am now totally sold on getting kittens in twos. Makes life so much easier for everyone.

Good luck!

From Decker with Love

I don't understand Jen.

They have a 2 month, 3 month and 5 month old kitten and they want a younger one???? How much younger do they want them to be?

I agree Jen, there is more to their story they what they are admitting.

I pray that things going better tomorrow with "N".

I pray also that Chip and Dale find a new forever home soon. Afterall, who couold resist those two adorable widdle tabby kitties.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010