Thread: Cat question

Cat question

One of my cats likes to sit on my lap in the morning so I can scratch her head and neck and so she can have time with "Mommy". She also uses this time to put her nose on my face. Does anyone know why cats do that?

Vita often presses her nose to my nose, it is SO sweet. She does this to wake me up, and also to say she loves me. Guess that is cat body language!!! Just enjoy it!

eddie does that when i wake up in the morning (normaly i wake up to him bitin my nose to tell me 2 move) maybe they do it to show love or they just want attention

My little deaf cat, Creamsicle, does that and I think it's because she likes to feel or smell my breath, maybe because she's deaf, I don't know. But it's very sweet and I love it.

Blessings,
    Mary

I think its a sign of hello and affection. I have noticed that often cats (those who are friends) will do this with eachother too. Kind of like a check in of sorts.... My kitty does it often with me. She likes to follow it with me kind of rubbing my face with hers. lol
    Emily with Snow, Cowgirl, and Chunky

This is a sweet "Hello, how are you" nuzzle from your cat. Cats greet each other in this manner (and we all know how dogs greet each other, ahem!)

Cats tend to explore their world with their sense of smell.. I recently had an infection in my outer ear canal, and my kitty would climb me like a mountain, stick her nose in my outer ear, and sniff vigrously, and then climb down with a most concerned expression on her face. *priceless*

Kitty lovin'

From articles I have read in the past, when a cat kisses you with their nose, or puts their paw on your face it is their way of saying I love you/expressing affection. Nothing like a wet nose kiss to start your day off right

Quote Originally Posted by nancys
    One of my cats likes to sit on my lap in the morning so I can scratch her head and neck and so she can have time with "Mommy". She also uses this time to put her nose on my face. Does anyone know why cats do that?

I heard that cats do that because it shows affection towards you. I read it in some magazine and Im not sure how true it is. But I have been sick these past few days and My Zoey has been right there with me, cuddled up with me, my head or stomache or in my face. its cute. and Im happy she does it

I'm pretty sure it's a sign of affection, and it's so sweet, isn't it. Fister does it to me too and I love it.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I interpret it as a kitty kiss!
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.
    http://cocoakitty.net

My Creamsicle insists that I get down on all fours w/her so that she can do it. Then she rubs her face up against mine, too. She needs it a lot and I think it's because she's deaf and needs more stimulation. She makes more eye contact w/me than humans do, sweet baby. I would definitely take it as a sign that your kitty loves you, girl.

Blessings,
    Mary